Loyalty Level perks?

Oxo

cruiseny4life. come on, i thought you knew me better than that by now, i was trying to make a funny, guess i fell flat on my a** with this  one.

i dont want to be on any cruise where i have to wear slacks. if it aint jeans, i aint going!

dont have and havent owned a sport coat in at least 20 years. lived my career as an attorney in suits and ties.  if wherever im at (bad english) requires suite and tie, again, im not going.

i even hate le bistro as they require a collared shirt.

take care!

24 minutes ago, cruiseny4life said:

1) they look fancier, 2) they don't wrinkle as easily (I do not own an iron), and 3) they're a little bit more comfy than Dockers

IIRC, they also often include fabric that is not 100% cotton.  That's a non-starter for me.  I would sooner just skip the pants than wear something with a synthetic fabric (perhaps I have....).

19 minutes ago, complawyer said:

i even hate le bistro as they require a collared shirt

I'm pretty certain that my Lands' End cotton polos would get me in.  Technically, they have collars but are in no way offensive (I'm talking about my comfort, not the reactions by tight tie, stuffed wool patrons at the next table).

2 hours ago, complawyer said:

cruiseny4life. come on, i thought you knew me better than that by now, i was trying to make a funny, guess i fell flat on my a** with this  one.

i dont want to be on any cruise where i have to wear slacks. if it aint jeans, i aint going!

dont have and havent owned a sport coat in at least 20 years. lived my career as an attorney in suits and ties.  if wherever im at (bad english) requires suite and tie, again, im not going.

take care!

STAY HOME! LOL

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, complawyer said:

hotroot. at least if youre going to comment, dont compare apples to oranges. the fares that regent charges, are astronomical in relation to ncl. so in effect youre paying them under a different a different umbrella.

Point was, on their sister cruise line, the port fees are rolled up into the base fare.  That could be done by any cruise line.  There appears to be no "rule" saying it needs to be a separate item.  And, for those people choosing to stay in the Haven on NCL, that is very comparable in price to RSSC.  

20 hours ago, cruiseny4life said:

rssc.com - don't worry, you're not cruising there. I'm not either. They require actual slacks and button down shirts in the main dining room. Blech! 

NCLH owns both Regent and Norwegian, but one is freestyle, while the other is...well not.

Dress code on Regent for dinner is long pants (no shorts) and a collared shirt (no buttons required).  The outdoor restaurant does allow shorts.  Breakfast and lunch you can wear anything.  Your swimsuit works with a coverup.  They also do not have assigned dining times or assigned tables.  Eat when you want, where you want, with whoever you want.  I call that freestyle.  I am not suggesting anybody try Regent.  My comment had to do with port charges (and DSC) not being required by anyone to be a separate item.  They could all be rolled up into the base fare, which I would prefer.  It would save me the time of doing the math myself.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, complawyer said:

take care!

You can eat in the al fresco area.  Shorts and non collared shirts welcomed.

7 hours ago, MagnoliaBlossom said:

Well,we are Diamond so one would think we’d have gotten the top rate.  Hmmmm.

I am Ambassador, and was given $100 on all 3 legs on Star (Jul 25, Aug 4 and Aug 14). Going on Getaway on Saturday and will see what I'm given there. 

5 hours ago, HotRoot said:

Dress code on Regent for dinner is long pants (no shorts) and a collared shirt (no buttons required). 

Cool.  I can wear my cotton sweats and cotton polo shirt (that's what I would be wearing anywhere).😎  I'll be the most comfortable person in the room.

• Haha 1

Is there some reason some of you fashionestas hijacked this? 

This was about Loyality Level -

NOT if you should wear slacks or jeans.

Wear what you want on your own tread. Your opinion on slacks or jeans is of no interest or value on this.

Thanks you!

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

Well, since there were several of us "offenders", perhaps you are mistaken about that! 🤣

So, you believe hijacking is OK?

Remember that when it happens to yours. 

SMH! 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

Knock yourself out! 🤣 (it's only the internet, don't be so sensitive)

Sensitive? How many times have you read about people being chided for going off topic?

This may be only the Internet, but this is suppose to be an informative forum.

Pick yourself up.

1 hour ago, Oxo said:

How many times have you read about people being chided for going off topic?

This may actually be the first.  That said, I've never "chided" another poster for such a drastic offense.  I figure that's what the mods are for.  Are you a mod?

1 hour ago, Oxo said:

Pick yourself up.

I don't even know what this means.

12 hours ago, HotRoot said:

Point was, on their sister cruise line, the port fees are rolled up into the base fare.  That could be done by any cruise line.  There appears to be no "rule" saying it needs to be a separate item.  And, for those people choosing to stay in the Haven on NCL, that is very comparable in price to RSSC.  

Taking off topic a little farther down the rabbit hole 😁

A very simple explanation on why they may choose to keep port fees/DSC etc. as a separate line item.  They advertise 30%-35%-40% off on cruise FARE.  Those other costs are static.  Imagine the complaints if the "sale price" was only 38.8% off because there was no discount on the set/static charges.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, Oxo said:

Is there some reason some of you fashionestas hijacked this? 

This was about Loyality Level -

NOT if you should wear slacks or jeans.

Wear what you want on your own tread. Your opinion on slacks or jeans is of no interest or value on this.

Thanks you!

Ooooooolalalala I'm a fashionesta! I never thought I'd be called that with my tie dye t-shirt, Adidas shorts, and flippie floppies! Wow I am so privileged....alas, it's your topic, so I suppose I'll go marry myself to another thread. 

Oh, just for the record - I did say that loyalty perks ought to provide fewer dress up options! Diamond member? No collared shirt at Ocean Blue! Ambassador? Well, you don't have to wear pants. Shorts are ok. See.....I brought it back to perks! 

FYI - if you ever come on one of my threads, feel free to hijack. I have no pride in ownership. 🙂

• Haha 3