Are you listening HAL?

canadarocks

13 hours ago, Florida_gal_50 said:

I’m a 5 star.  I also buy club orange.  It’s not 500 people that buy club orange on any given cruise.  When I was on the koningsdam that “special” line meant zero.  I stood there while they took at least 20 people before me.  I had to say to them excuse me, can I get some help.  I’ve been standing here for a really long time.  Zero priority there.  They claimed they didn’t see me.  There is no wall there.  They couldn’t care less about it.

You know, this is actually an argument for wearing our medallions when we need service on board. We've not done that (beyond the picture with the captain and following luncheon/reception), but it would be a way to visually indicate , in those situations where it's not apparent, that priority should be given. I've occasionally been called out of line by guest services who remembered me--not sure what that says about me, lol--but some indicator might help. Though are they still even giving out medallions?

1 hour ago, sofietucker said:

You know, this is actually an argument for wearing our medallions when we need service on board. We've not done that (beyond the picture with the captain and following luncheon/reception), but it would be a way to visually indicate , in those situations where it's not apparent, that priority should be given. I've occasionally been called out of line by guest services who remembered me--not sure what that says about me, lol--but some indicator might help. Though are they still even giving out medallions?

I was given a medallion on my recent Niew Statendam cruise that left Boston 

on 8/3. I had earned 4 stars on a previous cruise years ago, but they wait until

after the end of the cruise that you earned it on. They give it to you on your next 

cruise. Our room steward brought it to my room. He also gave my stepfather and 

me tiles.  I did not wear the medallion on board. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, BetsyS. said:

I was given a medallion on my recent Niew Statendam cruise that left Boston 

on 8/3. I had earned 4 stars on a previous cruise years ago, but they wait until

after the end of the cruise that you earned it on. They give it to you on your next 

cruise. Our room steward brought it to my room. He also gave my stepfather and 

me tiles.  I did not wear the medallion on board. 

Medallions are on actual sea days sailed, stars are earned by a different computation, example: onboard spending, suite category purchase. 

Edited by 1ANGELCAT
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Sea42 said:

I would have spoken up much sooner!

Believe me I wanted to but to get any attention I had to speak very loud and I was hoping the line up would die down so people wouldn't get nasty so I waited but it never died down.  I had so many billing issues they probably didn't want to deal it it so they just ignored me.

Have a separate,  dedicated area on the first 2 days where CS/IT can help the dozens of people who can't seem to figure out how to use the app or access their wifi. That's the vast majority of people at the service desk the first few days.

I also was ignored in the CO line. Because they all were helping the helpless with their phones.

Yes, bring back chilled fruit soups.  And book exchanges.

• Like 4

24 minutes ago, Cruisetrekker said:

I would like to see the Crew show comeback ... my cabn steward said he really enjoyed doing it and CHILLED SOUPS please !!!

Years ago on the Veendam, the crew shows were terrific. After the shows ended,

the crew lined up as people were leaving and they thanked everyone for coming.

HAL should bring those back. Also, my stepfather liked the chilled soups.

• Like 3

18 hours ago, NCTribeFan said:

Have a separate,  dedicated area on the first 2 days where CS/IT can help the dozens of people who can't seem to figure out how to use the app or access their wifi. That's the vast majority of people at the service desk the first few days.

I also was ignored in the CO line. Because they all were helping the helpless with their phones.

I agree the CS/Front Desk staff shouldn't have to deal with IT questions. Have dedicated IT staff do that. A good CS transaction should only take a few minutes, not 10-15 minutes to teach someone how to use their $1200 phone.

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

I've only taken one HAL cruise but have two booked including one over Thanksgiving.  As a newb, I'd like to know why I can't use my excursion credit with HIA for equipment rentals on Half Moon Cay.  After all, it appears Carnival treats rentals as excursions.  https://www.carnival.com/shore-excursions/half-moon-cay

Edited by PACD_JG

5 hours ago, kangforpres said:

I agree the CS/Front Desk staff shouldn't have to deal with IT questions. Have dedicated IT staff do that. A good CS transaction should only take a few minutes, not 10-15 minutes to teach someone how to use their $1200 phone.

Celebrity has a staffed kiosk near future cruises; they were patient and diplomatic with my mother (unlike me, lol). We were very glad for the service! The staffed computer labs seem to have fallen by the wayside, except for maybe a couple of PCs to print out boarding passes...

Edited by sofietucker
  • Like 2

On 9/1/2022 at 9:09 PM, iflyrc5 said:

When be became 5 star they had hands on cooking classes for the 5 Star by the chef on board and then after that we were hosted to a lunch with wine in the Pinnacle grill.   Also, now that HAL is selling  club orange the benefits for priority boarding and priority tendering are diluted and the club orange folks also get a priority line at guest services where the 5 Star folks that have spent thousands of dollars over the years are not given any priority.  There are a couple others but I can remember then since they were removed shortly after we became 5 star which was about 6 years ago.

After the 5-stars claimed their spots in the cooking class, it was possible for others to buy the class. I was lucky to do it twice, both times with guest chefs. The conversation over the lunch was even more informative than the cooking class! When they went to ATK demos, the subjects never interested me.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 3rdGenCunarder said:

After the 5-stars claimed their spots in the cooking class, it was possible for others to buy the class. I was lucky to do it twice, both times with guest chefs. The conversation over the lunch was even more informative than the cooking class! When they went to ATK demos, the subjects never interested me.

We were true newbies with HAL when we got to experience it as well. It was wonderful!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, CM1984 said:

When pre-paying gratuities, you must pay with a credit card, HAL will not allow payment with HAL gift cards.  That would be a great change to be able to pay with gift cards.

I have gift cards, I used them to buy on board credit and that OBC will be used for the gratuities, so there is a way. 😀

3 hours ago, Lido deck main said:

I would like that too, we are going third time on that exact cruise with Princess in less than three weeks.  

I really like that Itinerary, I have friends that did it  every season, but, I want to do it on HAL. You must like it as well.

9 hours ago, Lido deck main said:

I have gift cards, I used them to buy on board credit and that OBC will be used for the gratuities, so there is a way. 😀

Thanks…I did use them for OBC with that intention, but it’s still a good idea! 😃

On 9/2/2022 at 3:19 PM, NCTribeFan said:

They have it the first sea day. 

9 hours ago, PWCmum said:

HAL. I would like to see  10 day cruises from Vancouver going south to Calf & returning to Vancouver. As Princess does.

I’d be interested in that on Princess or hal.  When do they do this?  I’d like to take a look.  Thanks.

Edited to say I found them unfortunately the dates don’t work for me.

Edited by Florida_gal_50