NCL Joy Canada & New England 9/6/22

Sailing12Away

23 minutes ago, SalthMate said:

Woops, yes you're right. I'm in 14136. One too many Blue Moons (already). This Haven Penthouse Suite is all the way fwd, port side. Not quite as big as Sailing12Away's Haven Family Villa Suite and she has a full length couch whereas I only have a loveseat (that pulls out to a single bed).

Thanks, that is the same category (HI) we will be in later this year.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SalthMate said:

Woops, yes you're right. I'm in 14136. One too many Blue Moons (already). This Haven Penthouse Suite is all the way fwd, port side. Not quite as big as Sailing12Away's Haven Family Villa Suite and she has a full length couch whereas I only have a loveseat (that pulls out to a single bed).

If you have time can you please post the dallies for us. It would help many going in a few weeks plan their dinners and other events. Have a Great Cruise!!!!

• Like 2

Day 1 random thoughts

American Diner – food was overall just ok. I had the mozzarella sticks for an app and the shrimp & grits for my meal. I don’t eat seafood, so they easily swapped out the shrimp for a double portion of the andouille sausage. The mozzarella sticks were extra gooey and the cheese would just run right out of them when you cut into them. They weren’t bad, but just seemed to be lacking some seasoning in the breading.

The grits were good, sausage was by far the best part of the meal. Extra kick to it, so nice and spicy how I like it. The milkshakes were an extra charge, $12 after tax and such for 2 milkshakes. I had the chocolate, hubby had the banana. Again, they were ok, if I wanted one again I would ask for it without the whipped cream. Toward the end it was just cream and no shake.

So overall, just ok, but since it was free for Haven guests (minus the shakes) it was fine for us. If we had wasted a dining credit on it I would have been disappointed.

Outside was drizzly and overcast all day, so watching sailaway from the observation lounge was a bit of a let down. We saw Ellis Island, the statue of liberty, and passed under the Verrazzano, but we’ll have to try our luck on another sailing out of NY for better pictures and views.

My folks who are traveling with us in a family club balcony room decided to head to the Local for some early dinner before we went to the Beatles show in the main theatre. We were still stuffed from lunch and the snacks in our room, so we opted for some drinks at the Haven bar and then went to the theater. We’ve got 3 bartenders in the Haven right now, Christian, Edgar, and Armand. They all have their own takes on drinks which makes it fun for us – we like to just say ‘make me something with Frangelico’ and let them have fun.

The Beatles show was ok, if you’ve seen one on an NCL ship you’ve essentially seen them all. But for fans of that type of music it was a good outing. We headed back to the Haven bar after the show and stayed there until closing just experimenting with different cocktails.

Random facts about the Joy right now – sailing is at about 75% capacity according to staff with ~2,900 guests on board. And the doors of the cabins are not magnetic. The walls right next to them are, but not the doors themselves.

• Like 5

12 hours ago, Topdog52 said:

If you have time can you please post the dallies for us. It would help many going in a few weeks plan their dinners and other events. Have a Great Cruise!!!!

Main shows for Footloose were offered on the first and second sea day (tonight & tomorrow) at 6:30 and 9pm I think (the 2nd show is no longer showing in my account as an option in the app). Elements is offered on the last 2 nights of the cruise at 7pm.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Sailing12Away said:

Afternoon snacks...

Ask your butler if they have those yummy chocolate brownies. If you like chocolate, they are the BOMB!

IMG_1077.thumb.jpeg.6e3c701cc14d005367dae92d5430ee9b.jpeg

Yeh, I call BS on not having those hash browns as well. They had them on the BA in July.

IMG_1041.thumb.jpeg.83e892726604dbce3d8eb6f1a4f8b657.jpeg

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Sailing12Away said:

Main shows for Footloose were offered on the first and second sea day (tonight & tomorrow) at 6:30 and 9pm I think (the 2nd show is no longer showing in my account as an option in the app). Elements is offered on the last 2 nights of the cruise at 7pm.

Thanks!  This is helpful since we are sailing on the 10-day to Canada later this month.  So Elements is only being shown 1 time each night at 7pm on the last two nights?  There isn't a second show?  We have specialty dining reservations both nights at 7 so would need to change one of them to make the show if they are only doing one show each night.  Thanks again!

4 hours ago, Sailing12Away said:

Breakfast in our room is one of our favorite perks. The butler told me they had no hash browns. I call BS... Will attempt to get my fried potato fix tomorrow I suppose.

For such a large room our table is pretty tiny. First world problems.

IMG_20220907_085900.jpg

IMG_20220907_085906.jpg

IMG_20220907_085920.jpg

IMG_20220907_085932.jpg

IMG_20220907_085948.jpg

I had hash browns with my room service breakfast Kyle. So, it was B.S.

Edited by SalthMate
  • Like 3