NCL Joy Canada & New England 9/6/22

Sailing12Away

57 minutes ago, Sailing12Away said:

The making of the beer shots. We had the whole bar playing along, fun times with all my fellow travelers.

Have I convinced anyone to start tagging along with us on our upcoming trips? I promise we do things besides drinking...

What are they made of? Were they good? I guess I can wait and request them myself, lol.  You guys seem like our kind of people, we'd definitely tag along with you, in fact we were almost there with you and then decided on the 7 day instead of the 10! Enjoy your day!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

You go girl!!  We're with you in spirit, if not in spirits.  Those drinks look fantastic.  Finally, a reason for this rat to pull out his wallet and go haven??  (likely not... 🤣)🐀

Unless you think it is kinda' fun to walk around with a blue tongue. 🤡

Bro...once you go Haven, you never go back. I can attest to that personally. Actually, I got upgraded to my Haven Penthouse Suite. But - I did the @gadavemethod of bidding a made a substantial bid and got it!. Also bro, be careful using the 🐀 word or you may have to come up with yet another CC persona.

Edited by SalthMate
  • Like 2

We left the Joy as you boarded, we had a great 5 day Haven sailing to Bermuda. While we didn't intend to spend a lot of time in the Haven as we had a forward penthouse the staff and service was second to none and we spent a lot of time in it.

Outside the Haven our favorite bar was the Cavern on the Waterfront , all food was great from taste to Manhattan to the Haven restaurant and Cagney's. 

The only gripe was we had premium + and while we had our included MOET bottles the waiter would not let us bring the remaining bottle with us we had to finish it there.

Enjoy the rest of the HAVEN and your trip, we just got back to Ireland yesterday.

• Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, Keith.W said:

The only gripe was we had premium + and while we had our included MOET bottles the waiter would not let us bring the remaining bottle with us we had to finish it there.

Enjoy the rest of the HAVEN and your trip, we just got back to Ireland yesterday.

That's odd, I guess we haven't experienced that yet as we haven't had anything left in the bottles.

But we came on board with wine in both of checked bags and carry-on, no one said a word. Brought back 2 bottles of mead after our excursion yesterday, they told us to go to the desk at security check point, but no one stopped us so we kept going.

Today we brought 2 bottles of cider on board and an entire box of cans, they didn't say a word at all. So it's hit or miss I suppose but we just have the regular free at sea drink plan.

Just pulling out of Sydney now, headed to Halifax tonight.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, HBCcruiser said:

@Sailing12Away and @SalthMate It looks like you are having a blast. Wish I could join the fun. 🥂

Blast is an understatement @HBCcruiser(Tiffany). Best birthday ever (mainly thanks to you & the other 🐀's)! Your time will come @HBCcruiser(Tiffany). Can't wait to do another 🐀 Pack cruise with you!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sueasselstine said:

Another pretty specific question, I saw that have Guinness on tap at the Brewhouse...do you know if thats included with the premium beverage package?

Guinness is under 15 dollars a pour and it (along with every other tap they have) is included in your drink package.  Enjoy to your hearts content (but it often kicks before the end of a 7 day cruise in my experience).

• Like 2

7 hours ago, HBCcruiser said:

Do I want to know what is happening here? 

0EA72F08-E260-4620-918A-C0F28D251CBF.jpeg

Normal ops. The Canadian pilot, Joy's Captain and deck officer on watch docking & tying up the ship in the port of Sydney. From my balcony, I had this bird's eye view into the navigation bridge wing (port side).

• Like 2