Underwater Camera For Cruises?

ReneeFLL

We are looking to get a small underwater camera for our upcoming SP cruise. DH has been looking at the Go Pro but I remember someone mentioning years ago about another one which I can’t recall the name of it. We are looking for something small and easy to use. 😃

I have an Olympus Tough that I like a lot.  It is good to 50ft underwater and is supposed to be shockproof up to a 7ft drop, but I am not going to test that out lol  I had a Cannon that I loved which lasted for more than 10 years but it finally gave died.  I have had the Olympus for 4 years, I think it is a T4 or T5.  

Edit:  Mine is a TG4.  I actually got it for our Alaska trip in 2018 so I could take pictures in videos in the rain and not worry about it getting wet.  I actually used it on a white water rafting trip and it was perfect.  I put one of the buckles of my lifejacket through the camera strap so I didn't have to worry about it and got some great pictures.

Edited by reallyitsmema

This may be moved to the other board that deals with this topic. But I would go with the GoPro 8 or higher for video. But if you want to be able to zoom in and out on the subject. You phone (iPhone or Samsung) will do very nice. Most are waterproof to 33ft. Go to YouTube and search GoPro snorkeling or GoPro underwater and see if that is what you or your husband are hoping for. Happy Cruising!!!

I have a Fuji XP70 underwater camera. Have had it for years. They have newer ones now. But I used it for Cliff Jumping in Spain, and snorkeling in the Caribbean and my trip last month to Greece.  Worked great!.  I attached a floating strap so that it would sink.  Was able to toss it back and forth to family so they could take photos too.

I know its lowbrow but we got this camera off of amazon a few years ago and its amazing for the price. Weve taken it on 4 scuba dives as deep as 12 meters and pictures were great. We have an older verson but only about 130$ cdn. 

1639088364357_20211209_145648.JPG

1639088271795_20211209_145000.JPG

1639001140860_20211206_075841.JPG

Screenshot_20220913-094955_Amazon Shopping.jpg

Edited by Mikamarii
  • Like 1

I agree that the GoPro is great for underwater photos.  I have had my 7 for a while, and I am happy with it. 

Although I have a full face snorkel mask with a GoPro attachment, I bought a floating stick so I could see what I was filming, and keep it in the frame. 

These are a couple shots with my GoPro. 

49D2FC89-9D3C-4D8E-8691-F1CA8F4CA5D7.thumb.jpeg.d65b16ccb07af2b249b37e059395bbb2.jpeg

C2AFD50A-C533-40EB-95FE-FF42C02D95C3.thumb.jpeg.57f9b78629e45d9dc9f07900b41e06f5.jpeg

• Like 6