Anyone getting OBC or FCC for price drop after final payment lately?

MagnoliaBlossom

My TA says I should be getting a FCC for the price drop on the Escape next month.  

Should be being the key phrase there.  We haven't gotten it yet.  He says it is waiting on approval and we should hear back.  

Who knows.  I get how it works.  If we don't get anything we'll be fine with that.  If we do get something we will consider it a bonus.  

I am on the the Prima in October.  Price dropped after final payment, about $500 per person.  Called NCL two weeks ago and made a request for an adjustment.  It was sent to reservations. I was told it takes about 7 days to get a response. After 10 days had no response so I called back.  I was informed that it was approved but the FCC coupon has not been processed yet.  I am still waiting for it to appear on my account.  I do not know the amount that was approved.

27 minutes ago, chefrubba said:

I am on the the Prima in October.  Price dropped after final payment, about $500 per person.  Called NCL two weeks ago and made a request for an adjustment.  It was sent to reservations. I was told it takes about 7 days to get a response. After 10 days had no response so I called back.  I was informed that it was approved but the FCC coupon has not been processed yet.  I am still waiting for it to appear on my account.  I do not know the amount that was approved.

Where does it show up on your account?

In the past, it was 1/4 of the price drop as obc or a cabin upgrade.

so $400 price drop = $100 obc.

And 1 time only.

Glad to see they are giving you back the full price of the drop as fcc.

hm.. if you got fcc and the price still drops, can you get more fcc?

1 minute ago, Northern wanderlust said:

Where does it show up on your account?

On a browser on your computer (might work on a browser on a mobile device as well but it may not work in the app) - sign in, click My NCL in the top right, click on My Account  it'll be there.  Same place other pre-loaded offers and CND's will appear.

1 minute ago, hallux said:

On a browser on your computer (might work on a browser on a mobile device as well but it may not work in the app) - sign in, click My NCL in the top right, click on My Account  it'll be there.  Same place other pre-loaded offers and CND's will appear.

Great.  Thank you!!!

We received FCC for our cruise this past July, on the Joy.  It was a significant drop after the final payment.  We had 3 cabins booked and they were all approved.  It doesn’t show up on your account until after the cruise is over. You have a full calendar year to use it, and it’s not transferable.

Edited by disneysnob

12 minutes ago, disneysnob said:

We received FCC for our cruise this past July, on the Joy.  It was a significant drop after the final payment.  We had 3 cabins booked and they were all approved.  It doesn’t show up on your account until after the cruise is over. You have a full calendar year to use it, and it’s not transferable.

To use it as in the cruise you book with it has to be done in a year or you have to book something with it within a year?

You can use it on a future cruise booking, after the cruise you received the credit for is completed.  Our cruise was this past July 17-24, 2022. The credit showed up in our account  few days later. We have to use it before July 24, 2023 on any new booking. We had a cruise booked for late fall, so we put it towards that final payment.

Edited by disneysnob

I made the call  today. A significant price drop north of $2K. 

2 options:

complimentary upgrade cabin OR

7 day review escalation for FCC used within 1 year. Not exactly clear on whether we have to book or sail within one year to get the future discount. We'll see in 7 days. 

Incidentally, we'd be boarding gold and departing platinum and have never sought a credit in the past.

GL to us!

On 9/20/2022 at 12:30 PM, disneysnob said:

We received $1200 credit for a cruise that has to be used within  a year 

with all the perks 

Our cruise in October has had a significant price drop.  Called to see if we could get FCC or OBC for this. I was told by my PCC that since it was closer than 40 days to the cruise, this would be unlikely.   We do not want a cabin upgrade as we want to keep this particular cabin location/deck location. Option of upgrade would be to a Family Suite (no balcony) - Suite is a nice thought but no balcony?forget that. 
The 40 day issue does not seem very fair.  Granted, I have already planned and paid for this trip - money was already spent intentionally but it would be nice to get some of it back.

We'll be getting $2400 FCC back on our 21 day Panama Canal cruise.  Same conditions as previous posters.  "These credits will be available for one year to book and sail upon completion of our current sailing on Debarkation Day." No problems getting it but maybe because we used our PCC.

43 minutes ago, BatchawanaBabe said:

We'll be getting $2400 FCC back on our 21 day Panama Canal cruise.  Same conditions as previous posters.  "These credits will be available for one year to book and sail upon completion of our current sailing on Debarkation Day." No problems getting it but maybe because we used our PCC.

How many days before sailing did you request it?  

Just curious, my BIL and his DW are on a 19-day Africa cruise in less than 70 days. When I did a mock booking on their cabin category, there was a $551 pp price drop (from $4,250 to $3,699 base fare) on his Balcony cabin. So I called him and suggested he call their TA to see if they could get their booking refared with the difference added as OBC since it's after final payment.

When I talked with him later, he told me they got $1,706 pp in FCC with the same terms as others have mentioned above in that "These credits will be available for one year to book and sail upon completion of our current sailing on Debarkation Day."

Any thoughts on how a $551 pp price drop turned into $1,706 pp? But I will also say, he's not complaining and has, in fact, already booked a Med cruise for next summer to use it up. 😂

One stumbling block right now is that many upcoming cruises were booked with the 35% discount and 2x/3x points. They won't qualify for FCC. I was able to pay for an upgrade however, at about half what a minimum bid would be, works for me.

They did implement some fairly strict upgrade policies last year, not sure what modifications have been made in the interim.  However, my understanding is that any FCC must be approved by a specific department - so your pc can request it but can't guarantee.

1 hour ago, Ken the cruiser said:

Just curious, my BIL and his DW are on a 19-day Africa cruise in less than 70 days. When I did a mock booking on their cabin category, there was a $551 pp price drop (from $4,250 to $3,699 base fare) on his Balcony cabin. So I called him and suggested he call their TA to see if they could get their booking refared with the difference added as OBC since it's after final payment.

When I talked with him later, he told me they got $1,706 pp in FCC with the same terms as others have mentioned above in that "These credits will be available for one year to book and sail upon completion of our current sailing on Debarkation Day."

Any thoughts on how a $551 pp price drop turned into $1,706 pp? But I will also say, he's not complaining and has, in fact, already booked a Med cruise for next summer to use it up. 😂

Similar situation, FCC was considerably more than I expected. But I took the cruise in July still waiting on the FCC!  It was originally denied and I called them on it because, contrary to their original assessment, the perks were the same. Got a letter with the amount, etc but so far nothing...

But I also had FCC from a different cruise and it was in my account shortly after the cruise.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, jancl57 said:

Our December 11 cruise on the Encore dropped about $250 pp.  I called and a request for FCC was put in and approved.  Said it will appear in my account when cruise is completed and has to be used within a. year.

This is too bad that they wait until after the cruise to let you have it because FCC can be applied towards upgrade bids.