Look Up Health Protocols

Crazy For Cats

On the HAL website you can now look up the protocols for your cruise.  This is easy and quick.  I checked my November cruise and it matches what I thought was needed.  For now this only for 2022 cruises.

https://book2.hollandamerica.com/protocols/

Edited by Crazy For Cats
More details
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 13

This replaces the pdf that was issued previously.  It is very easy, and I wonder why this was not put in place sooner… or ideally along with the Sept 6th announcement.  Would have saved a lot of people a lot of aggravation, myself included. 

Like many things in the cruise world, HAL is a follower and not a leader :(.  Most cruise lines have clearly posted their health protocols and regularly updated them as they implemented changes.  With HAL is has been somewhat of a guessing game.  But cruisers/travelers need to be cognizant that protocols and various country rules are constantly changing and what you see today may be different tomorrow.  As one who never stopped traveling during the Pandemic, we have had to deal with the constant changes be it on a Caribbean cruise or a trip to Europe.  Folks are well advised to do their daily due diligence checking out the cruise line, airline (if flying outside the USA), and the various countries involved in the trip.  And even than, there may be uncertainty.  When we left on a month long cruise in late April (heading towards Europe) we could not be certain what the rules would be by the time we reached Europe (where we spent 3 weeks doing independent travel though several countries).  We knew all the rules the day we boarded our ship, but several of those rules actually changed during the cruise!  

We urge our CC friends to read, with interest, all of the opinions of folks but always conduct their own due diligence.  Do we trust HAL?  Heck NO!  Our next HAL cruise is a cruise around Japan (March-April 2023) that HAL continues to sell.  However, the Government of Japan currently has rules that would absolutely prohibit that cruise (or the entry of the cruisers)!  HAL does not acknowledge these "minor" issues on their web site and continues to accept bookings as though everything is fine.  There has been no attempt by HAL to keep customers appraised of any new developments, trends, etc.  An ignorant cruiser might book that cruise today, book non-refundable air, and think all is fine.  HAL does not issue any kind of warning that booking non-refundable air to a country that you cannot enter (unless on some non-HAL tours) for a cruise from a country that currently does not allow cruises.  So, if HAL is dishonest (by omission) on this issue, why would we trust them on any issue?   In defense of HAL, they are obviously hoping (yes, hope springs eternal) that circumstances will soon change for the better.  But the reality is that they continue to book cruises that, under current rules, cannot happen!

Hank

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

52 minutes ago, Crazy For Cats said:

On the HAL website you can now look up the protocols for your cruise.  This is easy and quick.  I checked my November cruise and it matches what I thought was needed.  For now this only for 2022 cruises.

https://book2.hollandamerica.com/protocols/

Thank you for posting, @Crazy For Cats.  That is SO much clearer.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, suznjune said:

Thanks so much for th link. Finally my Nov Trans canal no longer requires testing for vaccinated passengers. So happy we don't have to stress over that anymore.

🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺

Happy to see your Panama Canal from San Diego to FLL has no testing required!! Yah

My cruise same on ZAANDAM leaves San Diego 1/23/23 and I checked but it says to far out to be able to tell me. I feel the closer it gets it will change! Thanks for the info!

🌺Denise

We leave soon for a cruise from Vancouver.  What's missing from HAL's information is the ArriveCan that we will need to enter Canada, although it appears in other places.  Wouldn't it be nice to see ALL the requirements in one place.

Is there a way to discover the 'voyage number' without a booking?

I do not see a voyage number mentioned on the website (eu site) so the protocol tool cannot be used to check status prior to booking. i.e. to know the protocol before booking.

• Like 1

Be careful, my cruise seems to be in error (16 day Panama Canal in Oct) - HAVE THE REQUIREMENTS CHANGED????:

Standard Protocols

Vaccination Requirements

• We highly recommend all guests be up to date on their vaccination status.  Vaccinations, however, are not required.

Testing Requirements

• Fully vaccinated guests are not required to take a COVID test prior to embarkation. 
  • Unvaccinated or partially vaccinated guests 5 years of age and older are required to take a COVID test prior to embarkation
    • PCR COVID-19 test within 3 days before embarkation
    • Medically observed or self-administered at home COVID-19 antigen test within 3 days before embarkation.
Edited by DaveOKC

58 minutes ago, VMax1700 said:

Is there a way to discover the 'voyage number' without a booking?

I do not see a voyage number mentioned on the website (eu site) so the protocol tool cannot be used to check status prior to booking. i.e. to know the protocol before booking.

Usually you can see it in the address line.  If you click/touch the address line you will see the long version.  Choose the voyage you are looking for so only that voyage is displayed.  The voyage number will be the last four digits before the .com.  If you can’t see it readily, copy the address and paste it into a notes document and you can view it from there.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, FrankieSue said:

You DO NOT need to enter your voyage number to check your cruise health protocol; enter your booking number and name and press submit…. You can EITHER enter your booking number and name OR your voyage number..Happy sailing

My booking number gives a different answer than my voyage number.  How do I know which one is correct?

24 minutes ago, *Miss G* said:

Usually you can see it in the address line.  If you click/touch the address line you will see the long version.  Choose the voyage you are looking for so only that voyage is displayed.  The voyage number will be the last four digits before the .com.  If you can’t see it readily, copy the address and paste it into a notes document and you can view it from there.

Thanks so much. I had not noticed that. Now I can check the protocols for my January cruise by using the December cruise's number.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, 0106 said:

My booking number gives a different answer than my voyage number.  How do I know which one is correct?

Yikes!  I knew they had to screw it up somehow.  😂 Your post made me check my voyage number and it’s different also.  It says “No Requirements Published for This Voyage”.  I would go by whatever your booking # says.

28 minutes ago, Cruise Suzy said:

Thanks so much. I had not noticed that. Now I can check the protocols for my January cruise by using the December cruise's number.

Good thinking!  I realized I misspoke saying “before the .com”.  It’s actually before the .summary.html:

2A344A05-8E79-4BF2-8C55-1FE62062FC4E.thumb.jpeg.f435f1e9029233c9ecd1439ae5d97546.jpeg

2 hours ago, FrankieSue said:

You DO NOT need to enter your voyage number to check your cruise health protocol; enter your booking number and name and press submit…. You can EITHER enter your booking number and name OR your voyage number..Happy sailing

27 minutes ago, sandiego1 said:

Your Voyage # is in the HAL confirmation 

Just to be clear, the voyage # in the address line reference is for those who do not have a booking # or confirmation.  In other words, for those who haven’t booked yet.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, *Miss G* said:

Found it , thank you!

It is also in the 'tab' and is easier to read in the tab.

755636741_Screenshot2022-09-22175940.jpg.af8b74ff444cac3f2af9a08a4aa526a9.jpg

• Like 2