Carnival Dream, LIVE 10/8/22-10/16/22

MeganGC1983

3 hours ago, IslandHppy said:

Enjoy Atlantis. DW and I have loved sitting under the thatched umbrellas or in the pool at the former British Colonial Hilton beach.  This lovely beach pass setting has apparently been made available again and may be related somehow to the new development nearby.

I have heard crew members on Carnival may get to request their next contract ship but it is not 100%.  So waiting for your friends to get actual assignments seems sensible.

Thank you and yes, actually I Nyoman just got reassigned to Horizon now. What a mess. 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, MeganGC1983 said:

Kids chicken nuggets, lasagna and BBQ spare ribs. Lasagna is always consistent, meaty and flavorful. And St Michelle brut champagne 

1D3B21DF-1CAD-472B-8F19-65CE94C68F17.jpeg

F4F02163-F8A2-4AC9-9485-09FE09C42C1F.jpeg

F1923AB0-851B-40B3-ADAB-3EDC7C2D902C.jpeg

image.jpg

That lasagna looks delicious! I had it on Magic last year and it was good but on Mardi Gras it was not, bland and needed more sauce. But I think that's a Mardi Gras MDR issue. We went to the MDR twice on our first MG cruise, once on the second cruise and not at all during the third - three strikes and they're out! We'll stick to other dining venues on MG. MDR food was so much better on Freedom last week.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, cruisemom2 said:

That lasagna looks delicious! I had it on Magic last year and it was good but on Mardi Gras it was not, bland and needed more sauce. But I think that's a Mardi Gras MDR issue. We went to the MDR twice on our first MG cruise, once on the second cruise and not at all during the third - three strikes and they're out! We'll stick to other dining venues on MG. MDR food was so much better on Freedom last week.

Mom and I were on MG last October and the MDR food was quite mediocre to bad.  Service was great!  When were you on MG?  TIA!

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, jbeth said:

Megan....really loving your posts and photos!!!!

FYI: the person who takes care of your room is called a STEWARD, not STEWART!!!!!!!!  And it's Muster drill not mustard drill!!!!!!!

Pretty sure those are attempts at humor.  😉

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

18 minutes ago, jbeth said:

FYI: the person who takes care of your room is called a STEWARD, not STEWART!!!!!!!!  And it's Muster drill not mustard drill!!!!!!!

She knows this!  It's part of her humor. 😉

• Like 5
  • Haha 4

40 minutes ago, jbeth said:

It’s a hat tip to Saint Greg. IYKYK

but thanks for trying to help. 

• Like 15
  • Haha 14

2 hours ago, ninjacat123 said:

Mom and I were on MG last October and the MDR food was quite mediocre to bad.  Service was great!  When were you on MG?  TIA!

We were on MG in December, March and May and the MDR food was really disappointing. I love all the specialty dining on MG so I don't really mind skipping the MDR on that ship - I'm just a slow learner, it took 3 times. However, I think MG could do a whole lot better with MDR food because they sure manage to do it on other ships. It's almost like they put all their best effort on specialty dining food and MDR was a complete afterthought. 

Edited by cruisemom2
  • Thanks 1

So how is it going fitting everyone in the one room? Would you do it again? 

I’m just curious. My kids (I have 3 also.) are all grown but we never did all in one cabin. We always got adjoining. Pretty sure my husband would have voluntarily jumped over board if we’d all been in one room for the week. Of course, my kids never liked the kids club all that much so it was a lot of family togetherness. 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On the subject of MDR food quality, I would imagine that the chef (is there an actual CHEF in the galley?) might change from month to month. And the quality of the staff preparing in the galley will have a factor as well. It is nice when there are specialty restaurants on board but on smaller ships such as the Paradise where there are none of those, the passengers are at the mercy of the MDR. It's a bit frightening to think that my Paradise trip next year might not have excellent quality cuisine. 😧 
The dining experience is an exciting part of the cruising fun and everyone should receive it. No? Yes?

021.JPG

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, momof3cruisers said:

So how is it going fitting everyone in the one room? Would you do it again? 

I’m just curious. My kids (I have 3 also.) are all grown but we never did all in one cabin. We always got adjoining. Pretty sure my husband would have voluntarily jumped over board if we’d all been in one room for the week. Of course, my kids never liked the kids club all that much so it was a lot of family togetherness. 😂

Umm… this will be the last time. It’s better with the second tub but still not enough space for 5. Either a suite or two cabins from now on. 

• Like 7

21 minutes ago, BarbieGee said:

On the subject of MDR food quality, I would imagine that the chef (is there an actual CHEF in the galley?) might change from month to month. And the quality of the staff preparing in the galley will have a factor as well. It is nice when there are specialty restaurants on board but on smaller ships such as the Paradise where there are none of those, the passengers are at the mercy of the MDR. It's a bit frightening to think that my Paradise trip next year might not have excellent quality cuisine. 😧 
The dining experience is an exciting part of the cruising fun and everyone should receive it. No? Yes?

021.JPG

Definitely agree. I also think the quality of bartenders and drinks is important. 😉

• Like 7

First slide we did was on the tube through the shark tank. At least 7 sharks in there swimming all around. Pretty cool. Over you, under you, by you. We did it several times. Then we headed over to the challenger slide where you race down. The big temple slide was closed today. Sad we missed it but I’m not sure I would do it anyway. 😆 Then we headed over to the Abyss and the rapids. 

347A291B-85F3-4DF0-B9F2-97D2FEAEA8AD.jpeg

AB25244E-9A8C-404A-8B4C-5E0F72FCFBDC.jpeg

AEB33731-5918-457E-AF73-F11D8430F34A.jpeg

D0F86779-9620-439D-9660-F77762DC6BD5.jpeg

8523A280-20A0-4C77-8CE5-E336A789BD90.jpeg

9326D5BC-AB66-493D-9622-CAD7F0D95CBC.jpeg

6C87E8CF-C78E-4830-9058-AD43AF8352EC.jpeg

• Like 6