Paying Gratuities

Quick question as its been a while since I have been on a cruise... I know you can either prepay your gratuities before you sail or you can have them added on your folio during your cruise.  If I wanted to pay the cruise with one card, the gratuties/extras (like dinners, drink packages, etc) before the cruise with another card, and then have a different card connected to my on board folio, could I do that?

To sum it up, can I pay the gratuties and extras with a different card after final payment but before the cruise?

OK. I'm first time RCI. I've sailed other CruiseLine's that show everything up front and you have the option to prepay, gratuities, excursions, etc. All I'm seeing is CocoCay and drink packages on the website. Am I doing something wrong? No idea on entertainment or anything available on the ship. Very frustrating. I'm sailing in March 2023.

47 minutes ago, nasa1974 said:

OK. I'm first time RCI. I've sailed other CruiseLine's that show everything up front and you have the option to prepay, gratuities, excursions, etc. All I'm seeing is CocoCay and drink packages on the website. Am I doing something wrong? No idea on entertainment or anything available on the ship. Very frustrating. I'm sailing in March 2023.

Don’t expect to see entertainment until you are connected to ships wifi. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, mpdog42 said:

So should i prepay or just use the Envelopes?????😁😁Heh Heh!!

Prepay - we swear the one time we didn’t prepay we got awful service from our cabin steward. We were convinced it was because we were not on the prepaid list.

we intended to pay - we always do but this one specific time it was left off the booking somehow. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Spurschick said:

Prepay - we swear the one time we didn’t prepay we got awful service from our cabin steward. We were convinced it was because we were not on the prepaid list.

we intended to pay - we always do but this one specific time it was left off the booking somehow. 

Think you just had a bad cabin steward or you were suffering from paranoia.

why would you get bad service because you are not on the prepaid list?

i’d bet that more people pay on the ship than prepay. How would the cabin steward know you weren’t going to pay on the ship account? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Spurschick said:

I hope you reported the sub par service; I wouldn't tolerate that

So how do you prepay if nothing is showing up on the website???  Does it all pop up after you make final payment?

I understand the reservations for entertainment, but it would be nice to know what kind of entertainment to decide if I want to make reservations.

On 10/7/2022 at 11:04 AM, not-enough-cruising said:

I hope you reported the sub par service; I wouldn't tolerate that

It was reflected in what we left them and the survey. We are on cruise to relax - don’t need the stress of having to complain taking the edge off our cruise. It’s not like we are high maintenance either as we put towels ready to be switched out in a pile ready and pretty much make the bed ourselves and don’t leave anything out. So leaving full trash cans is just shear laziness on their part. 

• Thanks 1