RCi Definitely back to not so good old ways.

rimmit

4 hours ago, Illbcruzn4life said:

I am on the Allure right now, getting off in a few hours and i can assure you there were no health screening questions either in the app or at the port.

I am just off the Oasis 2 weeks ago and I can assure you there was a health screening on the app as part of the 3 sections of the check in process. Not mine below but an example.

EC7B2004-66C6-4E30-B417-98BAD2C76263.jpeg

Edited by Jerseygirl1416

2 hours ago, Jerseygirl1416 said:

I am just off the Oasis 2 weeks ago and I can assure you there was a health screening on the app as part of the 3 sections of the check in process. Not mine below but an example.

Guess it depends on the ship or everything is still in flux. 

ours said that too but there were only 3 questions that I answered awhile back.

On 10/7/2022 at 4:57 PM, rimmit said:

Yes.

I apologize for a potentially misleading title.  What I meant is they had very nice policies beginning and mid pandemic and now those policies have reverted to the not as good policies.  “Good” being a relative term.  I guess reverting back to “not as friendly pre pandemic”  ways would have been a better way to say that..  

Before Covid being sick, injured, or dead would not be covered without insurance. During Covid a positive test would get you a fcc. I have kids at 3 different universities, tons of colds, flu, strep, mono, bronchitis, stomach bugs, plus Covid going around. None of these illnesses would allow an uninsured passenger to get any refund.

• Like 3

23 hours ago, 3kidsncats said:

Of course, but if a company plays ball too hard, they also run the risk of alienating their customers to the point that they go elsewhere.  

All cruise lines have the same refund policy I believe, at least all of the mass market ones.

8 minutes ago, 3kidsncats said:

Because a cruise is the only form of travel that exists.  

Of course one can book a land vacation with easier cancellation policies, but if I want to cruise I will just pay for the insurance, with their cut and dried cancellation policies. I also wouldn’t be thrilled if full refunds were given to those who didn’t spend the $ on insurance. I can take a cruise with my family of 7 for far less than a WDW vacation.

1 minute ago, mjkacmom said:

Of course one can book a land vacation with easier cancellation policies, but if I want to cruise I will just pay for the insurance, with their cut and dried cancellation policies. I also wouldn’t be thrilled if full refunds were given to those who didn’t spend the $ on insurance. I can take a cruise with my family of 7 for far less than a WDW vacation.

Pretty sure OP wasn’t asking for, or expecting a full refund.  OP also paid for insurance, as was clearly stated in his original post. Actively encouraging someone to board, who has been showing signs of potentially contagious illness (ie, throwing up) goes against the cruise lines health screening protocols, I believe, and is a clear indicator that profit far outweighs the health and safety of passengers and crew.  These kinds of policies are part of the reason we cancelled our TA cruise and flew to Europe instead.  As it turns out, a land trip can be every bit as good of a vacation as a cruise. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 3kidsncats said:

Pretty sure OP wasn’t asking for, or expecting a full refund.  OP also paid for insurance, as was clearly stated in his original post. Actively encouraging someone to board, who has been showing signs of potentially contagious illness (ie, throwing up) goes against the cruise lines health screening protocols, I believe, and is a clear indicator that profit far outweighs the health and safety of passengers and crew.  These kinds of policies are part of the reason we cancelled our TA cruise and flew to Europe instead.  As it turns out, a land trip can be every bit as good of a vacation as a cruise. 

So folks should be able to cancel a cruise last minute by saying they don’t feel well? Considering the amount of people who faked getting vaccinated, I don’t trust people to be honest. It’s not like it’s easy to fill cruise cabins last minute like hotel rooms, there is a reason different types of vacations have different policies. Many people choose to decline the insurance that is always offered.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, 3kidsncats said:

Bought insurance with only a trip interruption clause. I believe he said there was no cancellation available with the insurance he bought.

OP hope your wife feels better soon and can rehab from her injuries

2 hours ago, mjkacmom said:

All cruise lines have the same refund policy I believe, at least all of the mass market ones.

Disney currently allows cancellation for covid/covid sxs with full refund.

https://disneycruise.disney.go.com/faq/flexible-refund-policy/covid-19-health-concerns-qualify-for-refund/

We debated between Disney Fantasy oct 6-10 and Indy oct 7-10.  Fantasy was $2400 for 4 nights inside cabin.  Indy $2000 for inside cabin for 3 nights.  Terrible price for an RCI cruise but we are so desperate for a vacation we didnt care.   Disney was actually the better per night deal and had a better cancellation policy.  We had FCCs we wanted to use and are D+ and didn’t want to drive to Miami from Orlando.  Mainly because that meant on disembarkation we’d have a 16.5 hour drive home Vs 13 hours.   In the end it doesn’t matter as well either get our FCCs back or cash via insurance.  Disney still has their covid refund policies though.

6 hours ago, Jerseygirl1416 said:

Funny thing was for the PC Cruise I got on this week we were able to do the Health & Safety part at 45days, couldn't pick arrival until 30days out

Edited by ONECRUISER

On 10/7/2022 at 4:48 PM, Ret MP said:I don't think the policy is a medical policy as much as it is a business decision/policy.  They can't be the arbiter of illnesses at the boarding terminal.   

Totally a business decision. I everyone has a sad story on why they can’t go on a cruise. Including “the dog ate my passport”.  

Having a policy makes it easy. Fraud investigation goes to the insurance company. If you bought  insurance through the cruise line, and the insurance company denies your claim, the cruise line will give you FCC. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

Totally a business decision. I everyone has a sad story on why they can’t go on a cruise. Including “the dog ate my passport”.  

Having a policy makes it easy. Fraud investigation goes to the insurance company. If you bought  insurance through the cruise line, and the insurance company denies your claim, the cruise line will give you FCC. 

I was not aware of this.  So The cruise line insurance provider if they deny the claim RCI will give the policy holder an FCC?  Where does it state that? 

I always get multiple third party quotes and pick the best bang for buck coverage for each individual trip but if that’s the case I will look at RCI policy some.

Edited by rimmit

4 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

I'm not sure what that has to do with the post of mine you quoted without the actual words in the quote.

Also, "If you bought  insurance through the cruise line, and the insurance company denies your claim, the cruise line will give you FCC".  Are you sure about that? 

25 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

Having a policy makes it easy. Fraud investigation goes to the insurance company. If you bought  insurance through the cruise line, and the insurance company denies your claim, the cruise line will give you FCC

Nonsense 

If this were the case EVERYONE (myself included) would buy cruise-line insurance, since you are guaranteed a pay out. 

Edited by not-enough-cruising
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, not-enough-cruising said:

Nonsense 

If this were the case EVERYONE (myself included) would buy cruise-line insurance, since you are guaranteed a pay out. 

On top of that the insurance company would now REALLY look for any reason to deny a claim knowing the holder would be less likely to fight it out.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, mjkacmom said:

So folks should be able to cancel a cruise last minute by saying they don’t feel well? Considering the amount of people who faked getting vaccinated, I don’t trust people to be honest. It’s not like it’s easy to fill cruise cabins last minute like hotel rooms, there is a reason different types of vacations have different policies. Many people choose to decline the insurance that is always offered.

I’m sorry, where did I say that?  And your trust issues are yours, and not necessarily shared by others.  A policy could include a medical evaluation requirement to qualify for any FCC within X days of sailing — and it could be a reduced (ie, not 100%) FCC.  Policies that show that the health of all passengers and staff matter to the corporation is appealing to me, as a consumer.  I do travel fully insured, but I still care about how it consumers and staff are treated, regardless of whether I’m the consumer involved.  You seem intent on asserting that I think anyone should be able to get a last minute 100% refund, when I have never said that.  I am much more concerned about policies that encourage sick people to board anyway.  This puts everyone on board at added risk.  If you don’t care, that is great for you.  I do care, but you continually trying to misrepresent my opinion is not getting either of us anywhere.  I guess If you still feel the need to do that, have at it, but I won’t be wasting anymore of my time responding to you.

On 10/8/2022 at 2:44 AM, 3kidsncats said:

Your trip did start — you left your home and went to Disney.  As soon as you loaded up the car and drove away from home, your trip started.

Unfortunately, I called travel insurance and said since we didn’t take a flight, the trip starts at the cruise.  Also calling my CC company, they also state this is considered a trip cancellation and not interruption as we never got on the boat. The CC said I can still file the trip cancellation claim if RCI doesn’t get me an FCC.

On 10/9/2022 at 7:28 AM, Illbcruzn4life said:

Guess it depends on the ship or everything is still in flux. 

ours said that too but there were only 3 questions that I answered awhile back.

Same for our Voyager cruise last week - I think I answered the health questions when I printed my SetSail pass. After that, there were no other health questions, vax questions, COVID test result questions - nothing.

1 hour ago, rimmit said:

Unfortunately, I called travel insurance and said since we didn’t take a flight, the trip starts at the cruise.  Also calling my CC company, they also state this is considered a trip cancellation and not interruption as we never got on the boat. The CC said I can still file the trip cancellation claim if RCI doesn’t get me an FCC.

Interesting.  What Date of Departure did you use for your trip insurance?  If you used embarkation day, that might be the issue.  I was reading the policy for the cruise that we just competed on Sunday and it specifically states that coverage begins on the Date of Departure once I leave my home headed to the airport, cruise terminal, hotel, etc. I am covered and that illnesses contracted after that are considered "interruption" and not "cancellation".  I always used the date we leave home as the Date of Departure.  Obviously this doesn't help you now, but there may be someone else who reads this and needs to know.  

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, rudeney said:

Same for our Voyager cruise last week - I think I answered the health questions when I printed my SetSail pass. After that, there were no other health questions, vax questions, COVID test result questions - nothing.

Being that we are from the same neck of the wood, when cruising out of FL or TX, do you drive or fly to the port?  No real reason for asking, just curious.  We drive, I hate flying.  We flew to Seattle in May and I went crazy, it's a real pain in the a$$, for me.  

1 minute ago, Ret MP said:

Being that we are from the same neck of the wood, when cruising out of FL or TX, do you drive or fly to the port?  No real reason for asking, just curious.  We drive, I hate flying.  We flew to Seattle in May and I went crazy, it's a real pain in the a$$, for me.  

Other than once when we drove to PC, we fly.  I also hate the hassles of flying, and that's why we drove 3 hours to Nashville to take a direct 2-hour flight to Boston.  Since our next cruise is likely Alaska, that will definitely be a flight. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, rudeney said:

Other than once when we drove to PC, we fly.  I also hate the hassles of flying, and that's why we drove 3 hours to Nashville to take a direct 2-hour flight to Boston.  Since our next cruise is likely Alaska, that will definitely be a flight. 

Forgot, we drive to Bayonne, too.  When we flew to Seattle, we flew out of ATL.  What a zoo.  I guess we were part of the Zoo, too.  I don't want to give the impression to anyone that I feel better than anyone else, I'm very sensitive of that.

Oh well, hijack over.

25 minutes ago, rudeney said:

Interesting.  What Date of Departure did you use for your trip insurance?  If you used embarkation day, that might be the issue.  I was reading the policy for the cruise that we just competed on Sunday and it specifically states that coverage begins on the Date of Departure once I leave my home headed to the airport, cruise terminal, hotel, etc. I am covered and that illnesses contracted after that are considered "interruption" and not "cancellation".  I always used the date we leave home as the Date of Departure.  Obviously this doesn't help you now, but there may be someone else who reads this and needs to know.  

My most recent third person travel insurance policy stated the same. My insurance started on the day of my cruise. If something happened on my drive to the cruise, it was considered part of the policy. "Starting" the cruise by being onboard was not the intent of being protected. Like yourself, I do read the insurance policies. I know they are about forty pages in length but they are very descriptive and specific.

Some TAs will advise you that you must buy insurance on the first payment of deposit or it will not be possible to get it later. Check-out the very good travel insurance agencies that only demand that your insurance be paid before YOUR FINAL DEPOSIT to cover existing conditions. If I only have a $200 Next Cruise deposit and something happens more than 90 days out, I just call the cruise line and lose my deposit. Cheaper than paying for insurance up to that point.

• Like 1