Not what I expected

gelli8112

Well, it finally happened. Today, six days after stepping off the Allure the Seas, I checked my crown and anchor status and it's purple. I have finally reached diamond +. 

Now don't get me wrong, it feels pretty good. I'm loyal to royal and I'll take all the perks that I can get, but I was expecting a little more. 

Was I wrong to expect a diamond 💎 anchor to fall from the sky from the ghost of the Song of Norway. Am I the only person that thought I would receive a call from Jason Liberty, just to say what's up. 

Shucks at a minimum, I expected to be offered a cameo appearance on the Royal Caribbean blog. 

You know what I just realized, it's the weekend. I'm sure all those things will happen on Monday. 

Happy cruising. 

• Like 6
  • Haha 25

Congratulations! You are officially Diamond member # 32. As one of 32 qualified cruisers you are entitled to steer the ship for 32  nautical miles on your next cruise of 7 or more nights.
Your Robe and Royal Septor will be in your stateroom on all cruises from now on, please leave it for transport and storage at the end of your cruises, as you can not receive a replacement.

Instructions for the secret handshake and hand sign will be in your stateroom. Please practice both and destroy the instructions. 

• Haha 3

42 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Wait times have greatly improved, unfortunately the new reps they hired to reduce the wait times wont have a clue what a Diamond is. 

Definitely.  And my Royal Vacation Planner was unceremoniously fired as were all of them.  I loved him and apparently Royal doesn't let the clients know that they're all gone.

3 hours ago, gelli8112 said:

Was I wrong to expect a diamond 💎 anchor to fall from the sky from the ghost of the Song of Norway. Am I the only person that thought I would receive a call from Jason Liberty, just to say what's up. 

Shucks at a minimum, I expected to be offered a cameo appearance on the Royal Caribbean blog. 

You know what I just realized, it's the weekend. I'm sure all those things will happen on Monday. 

Happy cruising. 

Diamond Rain | It's raining diamonds | Marcel Stockmann | Flickr

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

2 hours ago, neverbeenhere said:

Congratulations! You are officially Diamond member # 32. As one of 32 qualified cruisers you are entitled to steer the ship for 32  nautical miles on your next cruise of 7 or more nights.
Your Robe and Royal Septor will be in your stateroom on all cruises from now on, please leave it for transport and storage at the end of your cruises, as you can not receive a replacement.

Instructions for the secret handshake and hand sign will be in your stateroom. Please practice both and destroy the instructions. 

I didn't know about the Roya lSeptor. That's awesome. I already know the secret handshake. I saw it on YouTube. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, ARandomTraveler said:

🙄 Well I guess you can win an award for "Best attempts at a clickbait humblebrag"

🏆 💎

I'm not a humble bragger or just a random traveler.  I am D+ C&A. I get a Septor.  I paid good money to be in this club, same as you. Happy Cruising   

4 hours ago, gelli8112 said:

Well, it finally happened. Today, six days after stepping off the Allure the Seas, I checked my crown and anchor status and it's purple. I have finally reached diamond +. 

Now don't get me wrong, it feels pretty good. I'm loyal to royal and I'll take all the perks that I can get, but I was expecting a little more. 

Happy cruising. 

Congrats!!! That's about all the accolades you get -- plus an extra free drink. 

4 minutes ago, taglovestocruise said:

+ a free bag of laundry and special seating at shows. Well worth the extra $5000 spent going from D to D+

You forgot about my extra free drink a day. Yep, that's like 98 dollars on a 7 Night cruise. 

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, gelli8112 said:

I'm not a humble bragger or just a random traveler.  I am D+ C&A. I get a Septor.  I paid good money to be in this club, same as you. Happy Cruising   

I'd rather have a scepter (or a sceptre if you're English).

Edited by ARandomTraveler