Moon over the Azores 18th to 30th October

Silver Spectre

To be fair, Silver, it did not look too good - but no doubt looked much better before you started demolishing it - and I can relate to something simple but tasty after disappointment with what should be lovely fairly complicated dishes which are not up to snuff.  There are times when onion rings and breaded mushrooms etc. with bbq or garlic dips are just what is called for.

Lola

• Like 1

9 hours ago, lincslady said:

To be fair, Silver, it did not look too good - but no doubt looked much better before you started demolishing it - and I can relate to something simple but tasty after disappointment with what should be lovely fairly complicated dishes which are not up to snuff.  There are times when onion rings and breaded mushrooms etc. with bbq or garlic dips are just what is called for.

Lola

Exactly, the posting was to make point. Most of the time things are good to very good at the moment on here, but not as good as they used to be. This is not 6* luxury anymore. It’s 5* and struggling to maintain that at times.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

We had an interesting day in Fuerteventura yesterday. Having originally decided to do nothing The Boss spotted a Jeep tour and joined the wait list. She thought we would be off at 9:15. SS obviously had enough interest to run it twice and we lucked out with the 2:15 departure.

As we were about to leave the ship at 2pm all the morning tours returned and with the gangway on 5 there was a long wait for people to clamber up the steep incline from the dock. We and other like minded individuals waited patiently at the top as people made their way up. At 2:05 there was a sudden commotion as 6 guests barrelled past us shouting in some strange Eastern European sounding language and forced their way down the gangway, manhandling upcoming guests out of the way. 

Shortly after the security officer at the bottom held the guests up and allowed us to descend, and as we passed the queue we heard a loud American voice complaining about why they were being held up to allow us off. A British voice replied that maybe a little patience was in order.

The Jeep tour was great fun, with no more than 3 or 4 guests in the 6 seater Landy’s and Toyotas, except for the 6 who all crammed into one. As usual we had a couple of no shows, which seems to be par for the course with included excursions, but still left within 5 mins of the advertised time.

The 3 original COVID guests have now been released from quarantine in their suites, however 2 more guests and a crew member are now infected. From the appearance of officers and crew over the last 2 days it would appear that masking is now optional, although there has been no announcement.

Edited by Silver Spectre
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

For most of the last week the main shows have been at 6:15 ( 5 out of 7 days) so missed the Queen show for the second time in 11 days. Apparently too many complaints from those who wish to be in bed by 9pm! IMHO SS is turning into an unadvertised version of SAGA.

• Haha 5

2 hours ago, Silver Spectre said:

For most of the last week the main shows have been at 6:15 ( 5 out of 7 days) so missed the Queen show for the second time in 11 days. Apparently too many complaints from those who wish to be in bed by 9pm! IMHO SS is turning into an unadvertised version of SAGA.

We missed the Queen show too on our last SS cruise. It was the only show we wanted to see on our 10 night cruise, nothing else appealed. Went to check the time before going to Dinner and then realised we’d missed it. I’m sorry for your experience so far. Hopefully things will improve. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Silver Spectre said:

If only their prices were similar. 

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, Silver Spectre said:

For most of the last week the main shows have been at 6:15 ( 5 out of 7 days) so missed the Queen show for the second time in 11 days. Apparently too many complaints from those who wish to be in bed by 9pm!

My goodness.  Is SS so short staffed that they need to get the performance over before the dinner prime time because they need the singers and crew members who support them to work in the kitchen or dining venues? The longer your cruise goes on, the more comical it seems to get.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

10 hours ago, Silver Spectre said:

Good grief. We'd have just back back in getting ready to get to the bar before heading to Dinner for 8 to 8.30. 

Luckily the shows and entertainment are not a factor for me (I think Ive been to 2 shows on any SS sailing Ive done), but I'd not be impressed with that if I did.

• Like 1