Is the first night prime rib being replaced by “Manhattan Beef Steak”?

NutsAboutGolf

39 minutes ago, kwokpot said:

I'm 61and know who Mae West is but never heard of a dessert of the same name. What is it? 

A May West is a round dessert cake with creme filling. It was created in Canada, and continues to be particularly popular in the province of Quebec-------- especially tasty when The Montreal Canadiens are playing-- even more tasty when they are winning--- even much more tasty when they are beating the Toronto Maple Leafs.

Image result for Mae West Cake. Size: 181 x 160. Source: www.readersdigest.ca

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

11 hours ago, Pinboy said:

We have always found the food on Celebrity ships very good most of the time.

Food and tastes are very subjective---- 

( If I can't pronounce it---- forget it )

However----- Everybody loves a hot smoked meat sandwich, large fries (poutine optional), a couple of dill pickles, 2 diet cokes and a May West for dessert.

Everybody here. On Equinox over Christmas. Just where exactly can I get this fine cuisine? especially with poutine!

Edited by beerme1

10 hours ago, beerme1 said:

Everybody here. On Equinox over Christmas. Just where exactly can I get this fine cuisine? especially with poutine!

LOL--- I think you are having a little laugh--- ( all good ).

If you are " serious "---- you can find it " exactly " --anywhere in the province of Quebec, some places in Toronto, --- NO place during your cruise.

If you are having a little " fun " re ( fine cuisine ) comment---- I will not wear my Josh Allen shirt for the next Bills game.

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, beerme1 said:

Ok NY, which ship has poutine.?.......And how does it compare to Quebecois poutine?

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
13 minutes ago, Cotonmom55 said:

How close to sailing do they have the correct menus on the app?  Apex sailing Nov. 26, 2022 does not have lobster or Wellington on any of the menus.  Thanks!

Check back a week before, it's usually on the last sea day.

On 10/21/2022 at 10:24 AM, Pinboy said:

LOL--- I think you are having a little laugh--- ( all good ).

If you are " serious "---- you can find it " exactly " --anywhere in the province of Quebec, some places in Toronto, --- NO place during your cruise.

If you are having a little " fun " re ( fine cuisine ) comment---- I will not wear my Josh Allen shirt for the next Bills game.

Sorry for the delayed response. C'mon man.

Montreal smoked meat and poutine is fine cuisine! Even here in Buffalo. I would die if I could get it on a cruise. People rave about the roast beef sandwiches on Royal and while they're not beef on weck, they are pretty decent. 

But man if I could get a Montreal smoked meat sammy and poutine on a ship I think that would be reason enough to book again.

All good brother. Born in Ontario, spent many nights in Quebec and living in Buffalo for the last 25 + years. Please keep wearing your Josh Allen shirt for games. He's freaking amazing! 

On 10/21/2022 at 8:14 PM, SusieAV8R said:

Ok NY, which ship has poutine.?.......And how does it compare to Quebecois poutine?

When you find one let me know please. I will book it! Poutine for me is the simple version. Fries, beef gravy and curds. That's it. No frills. No proteins no nothing extra. Simple is simply the best to me.

Edited by beerme1
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, beerme1 said:

Nothing can compare UNLESS there is an 87yr old French Canadian lady or man on board preparing 'em--- Better than a 17 yr old kid who counts the number of fries per order !!

Montreal smoked meat and poutine is fine cuisine!

My Cariologist agrees---

He told me not to eat it more than 3 times a week--------or, did he say once a month?

Please keep wearing your Josh Allen shirt for games. He's freaking amazing! 

Will do---- ( I will keep my Patrick Mahomes shirt for the Super Bowl game )

LOL--- I just thought of a Super Bowl cruise we were on " years " ago--can't remember who was playing---

Talk about Fun--- More Fun than silent disco, zumba at the pool , the newly wed game, or even napkin folding.

If Celebrity promoted a Super Bowl cruise instead of that Goop crap, ya think it would be successful ?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, LB_NJ said:

My cruise in January originally had Prime Rib the first night however when I checked today it changed.  No more Prime Rib.

It appears those on the Solstice Mex Riv. all now have it on the last night.  At least now you can enjoy a first night specialty discount without missing out on the prime rib

59 minutes ago, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

The only place I see (in the app) Prime Rib on the Reflection for Thanksgiving week is in Blu on the last night. I guess I'll have to drop by !

Tom

Would this be the same on all ships, e.g.  the Beyond?  I want to figure out why people like it so much.  I like beef but have never been a fan of prime rib.