Check in Questions

kelkel2

As my cruise check in time approaches, I just have a few questions. It’s been several years since our last cruise, and I just don’t remember the process.

What I do know is that I have a suite booked so I know check in is earlier for us. But I do think I’m going to stay up that night until the check in opens. It’s midnight EST correct? 
Also, it’s our first cruise with kids. So what info will I need to have for them? We all have passports. Will I need those numbers for check in? 
I’ll also input my credit card at that time too, correct? 
I know I can skip through and choose the arrival time and then go back. So I plan to do that. 
Any other tips? I’m trying to make this as painless a possible since I plan to stay up and do it. 

Check in opens at midnight EST on the day your window starts.

You do need the passport numbers handy to enter.

Yes, you will enter the credit card to have on file at that time too (as well as set charging privileges/limits for your party).

2 hours ago, kelkel2 said:

As my cruise check in time approaches, I just have a few questions. It’s been several years since our last cruise, and I just don’t remember the process.

What I do know is that I have a suite booked so I know check in is earlier for us. But I do think I’m going to stay up that night until the check in opens. It’s midnight EST correct? 
Also, it’s our first cruise with kids. So what info will I need to have for them? We all have passports. Will I need those numbers for check in? 
I’ll also input my credit card at that time too, correct? 
I know I can skip through and choose the arrival time and then go back. So I plan to do that. 
Any other tips? I’m trying to make this as painless a possible since I plan to stay up and do it. 

I just checked in last week for my Horizon cruise next week- I stayed up until midnight. I choose my arrival time- saved it- (made sure it saved) and went back the next day to complete all the other information. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, emm126 said:

I just checked in last week for my Horizon cruise next week- I stayed up until midnight. I choose my arrival time- saved it- (made sure it saved) and went back the next day to complete all the other information. 

That is what I do

• Like 2

Just an FYI, if you are checking in for someone you will indeed need their passport number - but you also need the issue date and expiration date.  I mention this because a family member was checking in for a large group (she stays up late and was going to check in after midnight).  She got the passport numbers for everyone, but didn't realize she had to have the issue/expiration dates.

7 minutes ago, sc4125 said:

Just an FYI, if you are checking in for someone you will indeed need their passport number - but you also need the issue date and expiration date.  I mention this because a family member was checking in for a large group (she stays up late and was going to check in after midnight).  She got the passport numbers for everyone, but didn't realize she had to have the issue/expiration dates.

Just to be clear.... can you check in for someone at midnight to get arrival times WITHOUT any of their passport info?  And then go back the next day to put it all in? 

Just now, PrincessArlena'sDad said:

Just to be clear.... can you check in for someone at midnight to get arrival times WITHOUT any of their passport info?  And then go back the next day to put it all in? 

It appears that you can based on other responses.  I've never tried that myself, so can't confirm or deny.  

I'm due to check in at midnight tonight.  While I do have a passport, the person going with me is on her first cruise and will be using her birth certificate.    Will we need any particular information from THAT for her?  My intention is to, at the very least, get our check-in times done tonight - and go back probably in the morning and complete the rest.   

2 hours ago, nwcruiselover said:

People in suites still have to select an arrival (not boarding) time, but can show up anytime.

This was my point, if a suite can arrive any time they want, why worry about getting an early check in time. Choose 1pm and show up at 10. 

4 hours ago, asalligo said:

This was my point, if a suite can arrive any time they want, why worry about getting an early check in time. Choose 1pm and show up at 10. 

Is that true? I’d love to know. I thought the benefit the suites got was the early online check in and the ability to choose their window first. Can you really show up anytime? 

On 10/20/2022 at 2:40 PM, emm126 said:

This is the way.

On 10/20/2022 at 8:46 PM, PrincessArlena'sDad said:

Yes you can. I added my sons cruise to ours to manage. We are Diamond and he is gold. On the morning of their check in day, I checked them in and got the same arrival time as we did.

• Like 1