Shareholder credit-per couple, per cabin???

tabprincess

3 hours ago, wowzz said:

Isn't the correct answer,  one shareholder credit per booking ?  

No, I believe it is per cabin. If a married couple shares a stock in common and books separate cabins with one in each, they could each get the credit.

42 minutes ago, ontheweb said:

No, I believe it is per cabin. If a married couple shares a stock in common and books separate cabins with one in each, they could each get the credit.

Provided that each one holds 100 shares.

Brian

1 hour ago, BrianI said:

Brian

And also that each cabin is booked under a seperate booking reference.

2 hours ago, ontheweb said:

But, again,  only if the cabins are seperate bookings. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BrianI said:

Brian

I do believe they could hold 100 shares in a joint account as long as it is 2 different cabins with 2 booking numbers. Though I would not send in the requests together. LOL

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wowzz said:

And also that each cabin is booked under a seperate booking reference.

But, again,  only if the cabins are seperate bookings. 

Yes, it would have to be with separate booking numbers. And as I wrote in the previous post, I would not send in the requests together.

5 hours ago, Coral said:

Some have reported that if the couple has different last names, they may each get OBC. Though this seems inconsistent.

Best to submit it and see what happens.

@Coral, the Loyalty Command OBC that was eliminated with the restart based on number of cruise credits starting with cruise credit 21, seemed to be eligible for both passengers. The rule was per Household, but it has previously been reported married couples with different last names and addresses in their Princess profiles, would each receive, even if booked in the same cabin.

Shareholders looks at the booking number, and if one person has already claimed the benefit, I would be surprised another OBC would be added, whether different last name of not. Of course, mistakes can happen. 

Couples traveling in separate cabins, say with a child or the partner of another couple they will switch with once on board, can receive the shareholder benefit for each cabin, as long as both names are on the Stock account.

I know NCL requires in this case, a minimum of 200 shares are required as each cabin booked needs 100 shares, currently if a couple has a joint account with only 100 shares, Princess currently has been allowing shareholder benefit if booked in separate cabins for both. As suggested, I would not submit benefit at same time for this scenario.

Edited by wallyj
  • Like 1

49 minutes ago, wallyj said:

@Coral, the Loyalty Command OBC that was eliminated with the restart based on number of cruise credits starting with cruise credit 21, seemed to be eligible for both passengers. The rule was per Household, but it has previously been reported married couples with different last names and addresses in their Princess profiles, would each receive, even if booked in the same cabin.

Shareholders looks at the booking number, and if one person has already claimed the benefit, I would be surprised another OBC would be added, whether different last name of not. Of course, mistakes can happen. 

I understand about loyalty OBC.

I am saying that some people have reported with different last names, they have both received shareholders credit when they have both owned it and submitted it. It seems inconsistent so I suggested they both submit the information.

6 hours ago, Coral said:

Some have reported that if the couple has different last names, they may each get OBC. Though this seems inconsistent.

Best to submit it and see what happens.

Even with different last names the rules are 1 per cabin.  While is the distant past people may have had it leak through the process.  The current process will not allow two to be applied to the same cabin.

3 hours ago, Coral said:

I understand about loyalty OBC.

I am saying that some people have reported with different last names, they have both received shareholders credit when they have both owned it and submitted it. It seems inconsistent so I suggested they both submit the information.

The rule is one shareholder's OBC per cabin. Yes, it has been reported that sometimes when cabins were shared by passengers with different last names and each owns stock in their name then each received the OBC. Believe these situations are in error and not policy.

Wow.  All this do describe the shareholder credit rule and then have others say they have gotten it for both husband and wife.

I am positive that mistakes are made by the hundreds of new office staff and credits have been issued incorrectly.   

I think everyone should have a basic understanding now.

• Like 1

If you are booking separate cabins with different booking numbers you only need 100 shares as long as both your names are on the stock. 

15 hours ago, Roatanfans said:

My husband and I both have individual accounts each with 100 shares.  We do this as we are a family of 5 so we have to get 2 separate rooms which is 2 separate bookings.  Simplist way for us to get the credit.

• Like 1