Live From The Getaway..... 1-8-2023

Laszlo

NCL no longer seems to be punching your cabin cards. I can't stand the plastic sleeves and since I'm a graphic artist / engineer I always seem to be making my own stuff. Wish I had thought of it a few weeks ago instead of late last night. I designed a card holder that works with a typical lanyard and the cabin card fits perfectly and snuggly yet is very easy to remove. I printed it with PETG on my 3D printer, (100% fill) took about 2 hours to print. Here is a link to the file if anyone wants to make their own. 

https://www.tinkercad.com/things/a0oINEPxUG0

IMG_4680.jpg

IMG_4681.jpg

Edited by Laszlo
  • Like 11

@Laszlo

I believe you're heading over to Trunk Bay at St Thomas.  If you have time, check out Parodeejay on YouTube.  They just posted a video on their day trip there.

Mike

Edited by Mike C
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, Mike C said:

@Laszlo

I believe you're heading over to Trunk Bay at St Thomas.  If you have time, check out Parodeejay on YouTube.  They just posted a video on their day trip there.

Mike

Thanks for the info Mike! will check it out

15 minutes ago, Red-Sol said:

The Poseidon Adventure? 😉

Probably his smartphone's buggy "auto" photo editing software acting on its own, plus, those intoxicating welcome abroad drinks with the beverage package, haha. 

• Haha 5

There she goes - sailing on time, backed and turned, heading down the Hudson now 😎  air temp 39 deg F and that's mild for January in NY  -  Bon Voyage 

96135495_NCLGetaway-Sailaway8Jan2023.jpg.122127081e075ec250fd959bc751bce3.jpg

Take good care of her, the crew and happy sailing.  Some of us need to get on that "home away from home" next Friday 😉

• Like 8

11 hours ago, Rubybadu said:

We are doing this exact route in February (second time on the getaway) so interested to see what the route is like and if the Getaway has ironed out the recent issues. 

I'm on this sailing too.  We have two connecting cabins because we have 3 small kids and my husband's cabin has no heat.  Fortunately, with the connecting cabins we've opened the door and this seems to be helping a bit.  Hopefully they will fix this soon.