Live From The Getaway..... 1-8-2023

Laszlo

14 hours ago, kitkat343 said:

Yes it’s quite lovely today.  The kids pool is open (though oddly very close to a smoking area. ).  Finding a table at breakfast Buffett much easier because the outdoor seating is usable too.  

What are the options for a sit down breakfast or when at sea lunch?

Thanks!

Tom😀

1 hour ago, cruiseinfoseeker said:

Day 4 dailies1146367479_CamScanner01-10-202322.39_1.thumb.jpg.5010bfe10081a5c69c194ba8247caf09.jpg1755361861_CamScanner01-10-202322.39_2.thumb.jpg.bd1053ff331a5a43c179836f9a59bf04.jpg393266114_CamScanner01-10-202322.39_3.thumb.jpg.05a316b6191bb8e661a761d0a71b6eea.jpg1637146879_CamScanner01-10-202322.39_4.thumb.jpg.fa20dce4ab777ffae86100a86b518d34.jpg1422309296_CamScanner01-10-202322.39_5.thumb.jpg.77f78dd28c2aec3c6d4d172fb540b5d5.jpg563348692_CamScanner01-10-202322.39_6.thumb.jpg.3ced45376e70cfbb8089a498adaa188b.jpg

Since I’m new to NCL do they have some kind of show in the theatre each night like, production, magic acts, entertainers etc?  Do you need reservations & if so where & how do you make them?

Thanks!

Tom😀

1 hour ago, luv2kroooz said:

Ugh! Getaway Theater entertainment not looking too good so far. First two nights of comedy from the same guys that work the  comedy club, burn the floor on night 3, and a movie on night 4. Hopefully it will improve over the next 8 nights.

I’m new to NCL so I’m spoiled by Princess as we have entertainment in our theatre every night along with several production shows with NO reservations, you just show up. Do I need a reservation & if so how?

Tom🤔

Edited by trbarton

1 hour ago, luv2kroooz said:

Ugh! Getaway Theater entertainment not looking too good so far. First two nights of comedy from the same guys that work the  comedy club, burn the floor on night 3, and a movie on night 4. Hopefully it will improve over the next 8 nights.

If that's in the Main / Getaway theater, what's in the Illusionarium now?   IIRC when we sailed her pre-pandemic it was where they held the variety show / circus / sideshow acts with a steampunk theme, and during the day they did wine lovers the musical.

Is Million Dollar Quartet still the main stage show?

1 hour ago, trbarton said:

I’m new to NCL so I’m spoiled by Princess as we have entertainment in our theatre every night along with several production shows with NO reservations, you just show up. Do I need a reservation & if so how?

Tom🤔

Tom,

I know what you mean. We are next up on the Getaway 1/20-2/1, but we are going with low expectations, knowing that the entertainment is nowhere near what RCCL offers (imho). We flip flop between the 2 lines, but NCL's entertainment is not near as good as RCCL, at least for us any ways.

I am not sure what the Broadway unplugged is, maybe someone can answer whether or not it is a theater or dinner show or it has to be prebooked? We've seen Million Dollar Quartet, Burn The Floor & Rock of Ages, all of which were good, but their other fly in entertainment, comedians, magicians, jugglers, etc were not very good that we've seen.

3 hours ago, luv2kroooz said:

A movie on night 4...I don't consider that entertainment by any means on a cruise ship. Anyone can watch a movie at home, I'm sure most of us don't cruise to go watch movies, we all get enough of TV, movies & screen time at home on a daily basis. Theater shows should be Broadway type shows, singing, dancing, & very good side acts. I sure hope they can come up with better than that for the rest of your cruise!!

• Like 3

2 hours ago, trbarton said:

Tom🤔

Yes, you need reservations for Burn the Floor, Million Dollar Quartet and some comedy shows in Headliners.  I think you sign up in Headliners when you embark.  On the Joy in September we did not need reservations for Broadway Unplugged but it may be different on the Getaway.

By the way, we were just on the Enchanted Princess in November for a 14 day cruise.  We really liked having live shows in the theater every night but some of them were pretty lame.  The production shows were good but most of the one-time guest entertainers were terrible. 

I'm on a short, 5 day Getaway cruise Feb. 1st and was trying to figure out how to manage seeing all the entertainment.  Looks like there may not be enough even for us.

7 hours ago, trbarton said:

Tom🤔

Tom,

For The Million Dollar Quartet, Burn the floor and Broadway Unplugged, you can make reservations at the Box Office, Deck 7 once you board.

1 hour ago, Chesneygirl said:

Does the Getaway have an outdoor seating area for the Haven restaurant?

Yes and no. Sometimes the overflow will go out into the Haven Courtyard. This area wasn't designed (I don't think it was intentional anyway) for outdoor dining, but when it's really, really busy it'll be used for outdoor dining. In the morning/afternoon there's always some light snacks in the courtyard that you can have while being outside as well.

I'm not sure if you can request to have your meal outside or if they only do this when the maitre d decides to open it up.

• Like 1

Getaway doesn't have a retractable roof, so typically they do not have tables set up, or if they do very few. Breakaway has a retractable roof and always has about 10 tables set up in courtyard for outdoor dining. 

6 hours ago, EllieinNJ said:

Yes, you need reservations for Burn the Floor, Million Dollar Quartet and some comedy shows in Headliners.  I think you sign up in Headliners when you embark.  On the Joy in September we did not need reservations for Broadway Unplugged but it may be different on the Getaway.

I was on the Getaway in April and September. At that time we did not need reservations for Broadway Unplugged, but now you do need to secure these. I think you'd go to the box office, same as for all the other shows.

Last week we did not need a reservation for any of the comedy shows. These seemed to all be held in the Getaway Theater or in the Illusionarium. That could change at any time, of course.

7 hours ago, bren61 said:

I am not sure what the Broadway unplugged is, maybe someone can answer whether or not it is a theater or dinner show or it has to be prebooked?

It's the best show on the ship, in my very humble opinion. 🙂 See above for reservation information. As for what it is - basically Broadway songs were re-written in different styles of music. My husband hated the Phantom of the Opera medley. I liked it, but he enjoys the original songs a lot. They also perform songs from Wicked, Oklahoma, Sound of Music, and more.

I really, really enjoy it. The singers are from Million Dollar Quartet and somewhat play their part from that show during the song. It's intimate and different. I love it!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Chesneygirl said:

Does the Getaway have an outdoor seating area for the Haven restaurant?

Sort of, they set up dining tables in the courtyard. It does not have outdoor seating for the restaurant like the Escape does

• Thanks 1

Does the Sugarcane Mojitos Bar have a dance floor area?

And live band?

We last enjoyed the Magnificent Bliss with a packed dance floor at The Sugarcane and an outstanding band called River something, surely hope they offer the same on Getaway. Like 20,000 steps daily dancing 🕺 and no weight gain on a 14 night cruise in spite of dining and drink package!💃🏽🙏

Now that’s a winner!

11 hours ago, trbarton said:

Who’s the cruise director?

Tom😀

I heard it was a lady name Tiara G something but could find no other information. Seems like a lack of onboard activities so far reading through post, going soon hopefully I’ll post something