LIVE from Discovery Nov. 5 - Nov. 14, 2022 - including Sky Suite experience

HBCcruiser

1 hour ago, BelleEpoque said:

I've been wondering 1.) if Crown or Sur La Mer were open for lunch on Sea Days, but it looks like they are not, and 2.) if I can make last minute/day-of reservations for specialty restaurants and it is starting to sound like I probably could. Let me know if I am mistaken about #1 or #2.

1. No they are not open for lunch. 2. If you are in a suite I don’t think you’ll have a problem but if your ship is full it might be harder to book last minute.

2 hours ago, HBCcruiser said:

1. No they are not open for lunch. 2. If you are in a suite I don’t think you’ll have a problem but if your ship is full it might be harder to book last minute.

First night specialty dinner is free if you are in a full suite. No problem getting a table 

12 hours ago, victory2020 said:

Asking again.....just because..........can anyone tell me what the blank space is next to D315 - inside between front & mid elevators? Just want to make sure it's not crew storage area

I just went to D315 and checked. The room next to it, outside sign says “crew only”.  I opened the door and saw inside has 4 elevators. I asked a cabin steward passing by, he said those are elevators crews use to bring up and down passengers’ luggage on embarkation and disembarkation. 

• Like 1

On 11/6/2022 at 5:21 AM, HaveDogWillTravel said:

I’m on the Sapphire LA to Hawaii- we get to Hilo tomorrow.  I’ve been surprised by how well the internet has worked so far. At least for emails, messaging & posting here. Even made a couple WiFi phone calls and did FT with DH. We are at 88% capacity. 

Have a great cruise 💃💃

I am so sorry to be catching up to you so late.  If I was more on top of things (very long story), I would have made contact with you much sooner.  I am picking up friends at 11 when the Sapphire arrives in HNL.  It would have been so much fun finally getting to meet you and showing you around.  Hope you get this message, anyway.  

8 hours ago, omynameistaken said:

We had a balcony dinner tonight and it was amazing!

The full moon was an extra perk! 

Dinner last night at Sur was delicious and one of the best filets I've put in my mouth. 😜

Ricky in crooners will take you on a cocktail adventure 

20221107_175934.jpg

We are doing the same thing in Jan from the sister room on the other side!

• Like 1

On 11/7/2022 at 8:07 AM, HaveDogWillTravel said:

Thanks for that great information.  

if you get a chance could you find out about hosting a cocktail party with a bartender for around 20 people?  I think I read you can do that. I’ve got that sky suite for the eclipse cruise and was thinking a cocktail party after the eclipse would be a great way to celebrate.  Is it possible? and how stupid crazy expensive is it?  Thank you so much!  

You can host parties. The price will vary depending upon what you order and if everyone has the beverage package. If everyone has the premium bev package you’d only need to pay for the servers and food. She said it’s not that expensive. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, chubbypiggy said:

I just went to D315 and checked. The room next to it, outside sign says “crew only”.  I opened the door and saw inside has 4 elevators. I asked a cabin steward passing by, he said those are elevators crews use to bring up and down passengers’ luggage on embarkation and disembarkation. 

Thank you so much! You went over & above! I owe you a drink(or two or three....) if we are ever on a cruise together! I would have peeked in the door also! I'm thinking it may not be a good room? What is your opinion?