Aqua class or Concierge class on Celebrity Millennium?

Sigyn

Both are the same size - CC and AQ are both larger on M-class.

However, CC offers nothing special unless you are only after the points.
AQ comes with Blu... so for us it´s a no brainer: Aqua!

Persian garden is not so great on M-class. So that´s not too much of an advantage of Aqua.

In general my preference would be to cruise more often in a regular veranda OR go less often and splurge for the suite. CC has very little to offer and so many times demands a handsome upcharge. With aqua you are getting tangible benefits like the Persian Garden and not having to eat in the MDR, but do look at costs to be sure the SS isn't that far away or consider a bid. Millennium is renovated great, with the Retreat sundeck. 

• Like 1

Very different locations:

Aqua staterooms on Deck 9 are under the pool/solarium/Ocean View Cafe. Aqua on Deck 11 are below the outdoor movie area and above the Sunset Bar.

Concierge on Decks 7 & 8 have staterooms above and below. Those on Deck 9 are also under the Ocean View Cafe. The few staterooms located on Deck 6 are above the Main Dining Room.

We choose Concierge on deck 7 or 8 as quiet is more important to us than Blu or the Persian Garden.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, MarKay525 said:

Aqua staterooms on Deck 9 are under the pool/solarium/Ocean View Cafe. Aqua on Deck 11 are below the outdoor movie area and above the Sunset Bar.

Concierge on Decks 7 & 8 have staterooms above and below. Those on Deck 9 are also under the Ocean View Cafe. The few staterooms located on Deck 6 are above the Main Dining Room.

We choose Concierge on deck 7 or 8 as quiet is more important to us than Blu or the Persian Garden.

We have sailed CC 3-4 times ( and yes if the price was within $10/day of a standard veranda) and AQ category once.  We found cabins had no difference other than location IMHO.  On our AQ sailing, we were on a higher deck close to the spa.  We liked going to Spa, but found we also had to make plans to go to get the benefit of it.  As to Blu, we were not impressed.  It was a small dining area and for us, tables for 2 were packed in together.  We actually had conversations with couples next to us.  On food side, I was not impressed by the food taste. Guess healthy selections were not what I wanted on a cruise. 🙂   

Having said the above, IF you have not tried AQ, I would try it because CC does not offer  spa or Blu, just a bigger cabin and some other small amenities which AQ also offers.  As I recall, pillow selection and some toiletries not offered with standard veranda.

Have a great cruise!

• Like 1

Best for us is the cheapest.  If very close to, or cheaper than a normal veranda when desired perks are added, the extra points are nice.   We're not on 'Team Blu', so won't pay extra for Aqua because of that.

M-class is the only class where Concierge & Aqua do have larger rooms, so that may be some consideration, but location is not always the best with 'better' rooms.  Call a less desirable location an 'upgrade' and people will suddenly want it.  Though we love the deck 11 rooms and have booked Aqua solely for location when the price has been minimally above normal veranda. 

• Like 1

We just spent 14 nights in Aqua, deck 9, on Millenium. There was noise a few nights from chairs being moved in Oceanview above us. It was a bit irritating at the time, but didn’t ruin our trip. For us, it was worth it to be in Blu. YMMV

• Like 1

10 hours ago, cruisestitch said:

Is the price the same?

It's $50 more, total, for Aqua, compared to Concierge. 

9 hours ago, jelayne said:

We love Blu so Aqua would be our choice.

That's how I feel. I've never cruised Celebrity, but I've watched several video reviews and looked at the current Blu menus and the food looks amazing and exactly the type of dishes my husband and I love. I don't feel like we'd need to do any specialty dining if we have Blu.

9 hours ago, sbcs5390 said:

In general my preference would be to cruise more often in a regular veranda OR go less often and splurge for the suite. CC has very little to offer and so many times demands a handsome upcharge. With aqua you are getting tangible benefits like the Persian Garden and not having to eat in the MDR, but do look at costs to be sure the SS isn't that far away or consider a bid. Millennium is renovated great, with the Retreat sundeck. 

It's only $600 more for the cruise to do Aqua over a regular Veranda cabin with drinks, wi-fi and tips added, so it's not substantially more. $600 isn't much. That's one night's hotel with taxes, etc., in Vancouver before our cruise. I figure we're saving at least one specialty dining meal, if not two, by having Blu, and we're getting the spa benefits, which we'll enjoy. We cruised in a spa balcony cabin on a previous trip. Admittedly, it was Carnival, but it was on a Mediterranean cruise on the Vista, which was a brand new ship, only three months old at the time, and it was lovely. If we enjoyed their thermal spa experience, I assume we'll LOVE Celebrity's! The SS is substantially more, about $4,000 more total. 

7 hours ago, MarKay525 said:

I picked cabin 1109 on Deck 11 which isn't right under the movie area, nor right above the Sunset Bar. People who have stayed in that cabin say it's very quiet. 

7 hours ago, shipshape sam said:

We have sailed CC 3-4 times ( and yes if the price was within $10/day of a standard veranda) and AQ category once.  We found cabins had no difference other than location IMHO.  On our AQ sailing, we were on a higher deck close to the spa.  We liked going to Spa, but found we also had to make plans to go to get the benefit of it.  As to Blu, we were not impressed.  It was a small dining area and for us, tables for 2 were packed in together.  We actually had conversations with couples next to us.  On food side, I was not impressed by the food taste. Guess healthy selections were not what I wanted on a cruise. 🙂   

Having said the above, IF you have not tried AQ, I would try it because CC does not offer  spa or Blu, just a bigger cabin and some other small amenities which AQ also offers.  As I recall, pillow selection and some toiletries not offered with standard veranda.

Have a great cruise!

I chose Aqua class due to location. There was literally only one standard veranda room left and it wasn't in a very good spot. So I had to opt for Concierge or Aqua to get a better location. 

7 hours ago, SFCAcruiser said:

You have been given a lot of cabin advice, but you have not told us how you define "best". Which is better, apples or oranges? 

I wasn't really interested in my best, I wanted to hear other people's idea of best. Lots of great info given here. 

5 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

For me it's all about location, don't care about Blu and the Persian Gardens, I'm already Elite, and if the difference between regular veranda and CC is minimal or even the same, much prefer the bigger room provided by CC.

Definitely all about location for me, too. That's how I ended up choosing between Concierge and Aqua. No good veranda rooms left unless I went up to those classes.

Edited by njsmom

27 minutes ago, njsmom said:

It's $50 more, total, for Aqua, compared to Concierge. 

That's how I feel. I've never cruised Celebrity, but I've watched several video reviews and looked at the current Blu menus and the food looks amazing and exactly the type of dishes my husband and I love. I don't feel like we'd need to do any specialty dining if we have Blu.

It's only $600 more for the cruise to do Aqua over a regular Veranda cabin with drinks, wi-fi and tips added, so it's not substantially more. $600 isn't much. That's one night's hotel with taxes, etc., in Vancouver before our cruise. I figure we're saving at least one specialty dining meal, if not two, by having Blu, and we're getting the spa benefits, which we'll enjoy. We cruised in a spa balcony cabin on a previous trip. Admittedly, it was Carnival, but it was on a Mediterranean cruise on the Vista, which was a brand new ship, only three months old at the time, and it was lovely. If we enjoyed their thermal spa experience, I assume we'll LOVE Celebrity's! The SS is substantially more, about $4,000 more total. 

I picked cabin 1109 on Deck 11 which isn't right under the movie area, nor right above the Sunset Bar. People who have stayed in that cabin say it's very quiet. 

I chose Aqua class due to location. There was literally only one standard veranda room left and it wasn't in a very good spot. So I had to opt for Concierge or Aqua to get a better location. 

I wasn't really interested in my best, I wanted to hear other people's idea of best. Lots of great info given here. 

Definitely all about location for me, too. That's how I ended up choosing between Concierge and Aqua. No good veranda rooms left unless I went up to those classes.

1109?  That's the room we had on our last Summit sailing! Great location and no complaints! 

While the premium you're paying is more than we would, I'm sure you'll have a fantastic time! 

29 minutes ago, MarKay525 said:

Congrats on your choice. Thanks for letting us know. Enjoy!

thanks! I always like to come back with info. It's weird to me when people help someone out and the original poster doesn't reappear! 

9 minutes ago, D C said:

1109?  That's the room we had on our last Summit sailing! Great location and no complaints! 

While the premium you're paying is more than we would, I'm sure you'll have a fantastic time! 

what a coincidence!!! and yes, we will have a great time! I would have rather not paid extra at all, but the standard veranda was just so blah in such a non-appealing spot. and everything else was partial view. now that I made the leap to Aqua Class it seems like a cool option and I'm looking forward to it. 

Not all Aqua deck 9 cabins are under the pool. Check the port and starboard cabins aft ot the midship's elevators. These cabins are under the carpeted foyer for the restaurant and are very quiet. We've stayed in them multiple times and never heard a thing.

On 11/4/2022 at 6:10 PM, redjetz said:

We just spent 14 nights in Aqua, deck 9, on Millenium. There was noise a few nights from chairs being moved in Oceanview above us. It was a bit irritating at the time, but didn’t ruin our trip. For us, it was worth it to be in Blu. YMMV

redjetz,

What was your cabin number?

Thanks!

On 11/4/2022 at 9:51 PM, alcpa1 said:

Not all Aqua deck 9 cabins are under the pool. Check the port and starboard cabins aft ot the midship's elevators. These cabins are under the carpeted foyer for the restaurant and are very quiet. We've stayed in them multiple times and never heard a thing.

alcpa1,

Do you remember those cabin numbers?

Thanks!