Opening Schedule

CHEZMARYLOU

12 hours ago, taylortime05 said:

If you cancel a NRD booking, do you get the deposit in form of a FCC or do you lose it?  I’m going to stop by the future cruise desk to see if it’s too late to change to a NRD booking to save the $800.  Have you cruise on TA cruises at this time of the year? This will be our first one and I’m hoping the weather would be nice enough to enjoy the outside pools. 

On Celebrity, you would lose $100 and the remainder is in an FCC. On Royal, with their recent change, you lose it all. 

We did a TA in Sept 2018 and it was in our top 3 cruises.

mac_tlc

Very glad we booked our upcoming cruises a while back. Looking forward to our Edge adventure going from Rome to Dubai in 2023 and then in 2024 another Edge adventure from Vancouver to Hawaii.

Not too impressed with what has been released recently as I tend to agree much of the same but with bigger inflated prices.

• Like 3

19 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

Just either call in or go back and have them change it.   Usually within 48 hours no harm no fowl.

Hi Jim. I stopped by Cruise Next desk and she said if I changed to a non refundable rate it would reprice at todays rate.  My refundable rate went up 5k so I’ll stay with what I have for now.  I probably should have went ahead yesterday with the non refundable rate.

Yes, much higher cruise pricing, unless you find a mistake.  Prices for car hire in Italy have really increased.  i was told that drivers have decreased by 40% by a company I use all the time.  Their pricing was 200 Euros more than another company that I researched, so I went with the new company saving 20%.  When you are traveling a long distance, 20% is a lot of money.  Yes, I am also glad that I have cruises booked, as airfare is crazy too.  There is a point where I will just say no because I am not a fool with money!  Yes, I love to travel, but I have done a lot of it previously, so it is much easier just to say "no" and look elsewhere, or for something else.

3 hours ago, NCteacherlovescruising said:

For someone that's never been to Europe, I think they look fabulous!

It has to do with opportunity cost, along with cabin/suite booking, but nonethe less, prices in many cstegories have increase quite a lot, but there is some acceptable pricing depending on ship, itinerary etc.

13 minutes ago, Lastdance said:

It has to do with opportunity cost, along with cabin/suite booking, but nonethe less, prices in many cstegories have increase quite a lot, but there is some acceptable pricing depending on ship, itinerary etc.

This was in response to someone that didn't like the same itineraries.  My comment had nothing to do with current pricing. 

22 hours ago, NCteacherlovescruising said:

This was in response to someone that didn't like the same itineraries.  My comment had nothing to do with current pricing. 

The comment you were reacting to(#252) included prices and itinerary, but you made your point about the itineraries.  My first time going to Europe was very special and I just could not get enough of it.  You will absolutely love it, wanting to return again and again.  Europe is my favorite place to cruise because it is so educational; I cannot wait for my b2b/TA in April on Beyond.  I hope you enjoy the itinerary that you choose!

Edited by Lastdance

On 12/14/2022 at 12:22 PM, mac_tlc said:

Excellent! That rate didn’t last long!

Aqua Sky Suite now almost $14,000 for 2. All Penthouse,Villa, and Royal suites showing as sold out too.Celebrity Suite now over $8,300 pp. I guess someone found it and “fixed” it.

mac_tlc

How much was the Oct 2024 TA on Ascent for the Non refundable  Suite?  I can’t find the price in the prior posts.  I got a good deal for a refundable rate at $9100 but I went back the next day to switch it to non refundable to save some money and it was too late.  The rates went up significantly.  I feel bad I chose the refundable rate.  On another topic, I know these rates are very good based on current rates, but from past history is this a good rate for a TA and is it worth getting a suite?

Edited by taylortime05

On 12/15/2022 at 11:40 AM, gordylad said:

For that money we could tour numerous countries in Europe stay at top hotels and still have cash left.....

Depends on your preferences really. Yes, you could go to multiple countries but you then have to worry about transportation, food, entertainment yourselves whereas it’s built in (for the most part) to the cruise fare and easily available. Not everyone is willing or able to navigate foreign languages,, transport. etc. So glad we have choices! DH prefers land trips while I like cruising (with a short land trip pre-cruise). Guess what we do more of 😀😀

Edited by librarylady19
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, taylortime05 said:

How much was the Oct 2024 TA on Ascent for the Non refundable  Suite?  I can’t find the price in the prior posts.  I got a good deal for a refundable rate at $9100 but I went back the next day to switch it to non refundable to save some money and it was too late.  The rates went up significantly.  I feel bad I chose the refundable rate.  On another topic, I know these rates are very good based on current rates, but from past history is this a good rate for a TA and is it worth getting a suite?

$9100 pp or together?  Which category of suite?  Anything can happen as time goes by.  I love suites on TA's because of all the sea day and length of cruise.  If I didn't have AUS/NZ/TP booked for that year around the same time, I would have booked it for your price for two people, or cheaper if there was an error in pricing.

Edited by Lastdance
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, taylortime05 said:

Comparing rates for TA's in the past would be like comparing apples to bananas.
The bottom line is that if you want to sail in a Suite, you will pay a higher price (especially in today’s market) and if you think you got a good deal then then the cost must  have seemed worth it for you.

We think a Suite is worth it and always choose the refundable rate while our Travel Agent encourages us to take the non refundable. Sometimes she wins. 😉

• Like 1

1 hour ago, taylortime05 said:

Our price was $8,225 for the Aqua Sky Suite for 2 with $1,200 OBC. As of right now, they are going for $16,175 with $1,200 OBC.

We really enjoy the suites on E-class. For a longer cruise with a lot of sea days, we probably would not go unless we were in a suite. The Retreat Lounge is a great place to relax. We usually get a cabin near the front elevators so everything is close. DW has problems with a long walk, so the Sunset Suites or Sunset verandah would not suit us. We also like the larger room. I know a lot of folks say "we only sleep there" but that is not us. We use it a lot and appreciate the added space. The bed facing the ocean is a nice touch too. I just wish they would put a functional table on the balcony. I also like that everything is included and I don't have to think about it. 

mac_tlc

Edited by mac_tlc
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Lastdance said:

$9100 pp or together?  Which category of suite?  Anything can happen as time goes by.  I love suites on TA's because of all the sea day and length of cruise.  If I didn't have AUS/NZ/TP booked for that year around the same time, I would have booked it for your price for two people, or cheaper if there was an error in pricing.

It was $9100 total for 2 people in Aqua Suite so we get amenities of Aqua and Retreat.  Based on other posts we could have gotten it for Approx $8200 had we taken the non-refundable rate.  The rates jumped significantly the next day. 

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, mac_tlc said:

Our price was $8,225 for the Aqua Sky Suite for 2 with $1,200 OBC. As of right now, they are going for $16,175 with $1,200 OBC.

We really enjoy the suites on E-class. For a longer cruise with a lot of sea days, we probably would not go unless we were in a suite. The Retreat Lounge is a great place to relax. We usually get a cabin near the front elevators so everything is close. DW has problems with a long walk, so the Sunset Suites or Sunset verandah would not suit us. We also like the larger room. I know a lot of folks say "we only sleep there" but that is not us. We use it a lot and appreciate the added space. The bed facing the ocean is a nice touch too. I just wish they would put a functional table on the balcony. I also like that everything is included and I don't have to think about it. 

mac_tlc

We like all those things too, and we prefer the Celebrity Suite over all other suites, but they are getting very expensive, at least on the routes we are interested in, and sure would not pay $16K plus for a Sky suite.  So, we can only watch and wait and hope that some prices come down.  

We do have the Apex TA this April at a price in a CS that is more than $4000 less per person than the only TA we are interested in for Spring 2024.  Just can't justify that price...so we are looking elsewhere🤔

3 minutes ago, taylortime05 said:

It was $9100 total for 2 people in Aqua Suite so we get amenities of Aqua and Retreat.  Based on other posts we could have gotten it for Approx $8200 had we taken the non-refundable rate.  The rates jumped significantly the next day. 

Current refundable rate is $18,090 with $1,200 OBC 😯

You got it at half price !!!😉

mac_tlc

1 minute ago, Gracie115 said:

We like all those things too, and we prefer the Celebrity Suite over all other suites, but they are getting very expensive, at least on the routes we are interested in, and sure would not pay $16K plus for a Sky suite.  So, we can only watch and wait and hope that some prices come down.  

We do have the Apex TA this April at a price in a CS that is more than $4000 less per person than the only TA we are interested in for Spring 2024.  Just can't justify that price...so we are looking elsewhere🤔

If I hadn't stumbled onto the lower price, I would not book it at current pricing. The CS on the Ascent Fall 2024 TA is currently $40,288 for two ! WOW !!!

mac_tlc

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, taylortime05 said:

You got an excellent price for your Aqua Suite with the added benefit that the deposit is fully refundable which is nice.  It's actually a steal.  You should be very pleased.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, mac_tlc said:

If I hadn't stumbled onto the lower price, I would not book it at current pricing. The CS on the Ascent Fall 2024 TA is currently $40,288 for two ! WOW !!!

mac_tlc

WOW... I hadn't looked at that....crazy.   You got a great price on the Aqua suite, enjoy!!!

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/13/2022 at 6:29 AM, cbfb said:

Some great prices! Just booked a NYE 2024/2025 all included Conceirge class sunset veranda for $820. Refundable deposit. 

On 12/13/2022 at 9:40 AM, NorthStarStateCruiser said:

I got a courtesy hold for that one. Looks like someone messed up the pricing. Other Silhouette sailings end of December have similar errors. 

On 12/13/2022 at 4:49 PM, garyl62 said:

Thanks to @cbfb I booked this also for the $820 price.  I kept checking the price because I knew it had to be an error and by 10:00AM CST it was no longer available.  My TA said he wasn't able to book anything at that price and it's now $2,823 with AI and refundable deposit!  I've started the process to transfer the reservation to him and I made sure I took screenshots of everything as I made the reservation and I have a confirmation from Celebrity with the All included code so hopefully they won't try to change things on us.

On 12/13/2022 at 4:57 PM, mahdnc said:

Hopefully they will honor the low price.

On 12/13/2022 at 5:22 PM, NorthStarStateCruiser said:

Have there been reports of them not honoring these types of bookings?

Well I got a call from Celebrity today and the representative started to tell me about a pricing mistake and how they can't honor that price that I booked at, but they have several options available to me blah blah blah...

I cut him off and said I have a confirmed reservation that has been transferred to a Travel Agent and I have confirmation of that process being completed so if he has anything to discuss about my reservation he needs to call the TA, but I expect them to honor the reservation and price as it is currently.  I then called my TA and told him what happened and said I'm looking forward to that trip and plan to go at the price they published.  We'll see what happens.

Anyone else get a call like that for this trip?

5 minutes ago, garyl62 said:

Well I got a call from Celebrity today and the representative started to tell me about a pricing mistake and how they can't honor that price that I booked at, but they have several options available to me blah blah blah...

I cut him off and said I have a confirmed reservation that has been transferred to a Travel Agent and I have confirmation of that process being completed so if he has anything to discuss about my reservation he needs to call the TA, but I expect them to honor the reservation and price as it is currently.  I then called my TA and told him what happened and said I'm looking forward to that trip and plan to go at the price they published.  We'll see what happens.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, garyl62 said:

Wow!  I've never heard of them doing this before.  I can't imagine them getting away with it!