Carry On vs pack?

PinkSand26

1 hour ago, KyloRen said:

Some people also pack bathing suits. My kids love getting in the pool the second we get on board as it can be almost 4 hours before youll get your room depending upon what time you get on board

4 hours before you get your room? I thought the rooms were ready at 1:30pm? YIKES that is quite the wait.

Also if you are bringing on any soda you must carry it on.

Edited by Illbcruzn4life
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, Illbcruzn4life said:

4 hours before you get your room? I thought the rooms were ready at 1:30pm? YIKES that is quite the wait.

Also if you are bringing on any soda you must carry it on.

Luggage may not be available for several hours after cabins are available.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, sgttami said:

I cruise with just a carry on so everything I need is with me at all times. So much easier.

Haven't checked luggage on a cruise in about 20 years.

That would definitely be easy! But with a family of 4 and young kids I’m not carrying all that! 😂

we are going on the pride for 8 nights and see you have cruised the pride a lot! Any insider tips? Lol

• Like 1

2 hours ago, PinkSand26 said:

That would definitely be easy! But with a family of 4 and young kids I’m not carrying all that! 😂

we are going on the pride for 8 nights and see you have cruised the pride a lot! Any insider tips? Lol

I travel solo so couldn't provide TIPS for traveling with that many people. LOL

Great ship and easy to navigate and have met a lot of nice people.

It's not the bells and whistles of the huge ships but there was always something to do and I was never bored.

The young kids I met always seemed to be having fun!

Enjoy

• Like 1

Wine and sodas must be in your carry on luggage. Anything that might be questionable - I'm thinking electrical things like drop cords or fans - should be in carry on luggage as well. Pretty much everything else - including even your medications if you insist - can be in your checked bags.

• Like 1

I think everyone else pretty much nailed it. We bring one carryon onboard, everything else gets checked. What we bring onboard has our meds, any beverages we are bringing, electronics, documentation and a change of clothes. We aren't worried about changing for dinner, since the dress code on the first night is very lax. We've been on Pride several times and had a great time. I would go to the kids club to register as soon as you are onboard, then head to the buffet for a bite (if you board early enough lunch might be served in the MDR but you would have to ask). As mentioned the Pride is easy to navigate and there is always plenty to do. (There is a link in my signature to my last Pride review from when we cruised in 2018.)

Edited by sparks1093
  • Like 1

We both do a carry on and a back pack when flying to a cruise so there is no lost luggage at the airport.  Once we get to the cruise terminal we attach our room tags to the carry ons, take a picture of them (for easy identification if lost) and check them so we only have to manage our backpacks until the cabins are available.  Our backpacks contain our necessities and a change of clothes.  When we debark we carry everything off with us and are on our way.

Edited by farjar
additional info

Things that you are required to bring in your carry-on:

1. Any non-alcoholic drinks.
  2. Your allowed wine
  3. Medical supplies (including all medications)
  4. Identification and boarding paperwork

Things you should bring in your carry-on:

1. Electronics
  2. Any valuables/cash/credit cards

Things you should consider brining in your carry-on:

1. One change of clothes per person
  2. Toiletries
  3. Swimsuits

• Like 3

We learned the hard way to always pack at least an outfit and the essentials when our luggage did not make it to our room until late the 2nd day. Apparently, someone thought it was theirs and grabbed it.  Other than that scenario and cokes if you want them, then, not really. You could check everything. We just take one backpack carryon with essentials