Open Booking Deposit Program

Keith1010

6 minutes ago, BWIVince said:

I'd just write them back for verification...  I suspect there are links coded for each offer, and either the confirmation was miscoded for that link or the wrong link was promoted somewhere (which may not even have the current verbiage on the page).  Verifying the offer with them will also clue them in to the issue.

Vince

I just heard from my ta and she has been busy dealing with this.She texted me to confirm that I wanted to put down 2 deposits and I told her YES of course! >My birthday  was a week ago today.Thank you Crystal for the belated present of sorts 🙂

• Like 4

In reference to the $250 vs $500 "as you wish credit" it varies between new Crystal guests and Crystal Society members.  Even though we checked the box for past guests the booking came back as a new guest.  I am sure this will be corrected at the time of booking. No biggie for me.

Not all is roses. Our TA who has booked MANY Crystal cruises for us in the last 10 years is not to be found by the new system. She's been on the phone (mostly holding) all day trying to get us 2 open bookings and they still can't find her in the system. Go figure. And don't ask if she has changed agencies, she has not.🤯

4 hours ago, suzeluvscruz said:

Not all is roses. Our TA who has booked MANY Crystal cruises for us in the last 10 years is not to be found by the new system. She's been on the phone (mostly holding) all day trying to get us 2 open bookings and they still can't find her in the system. Go figure. And don't ask if she has changed agencies, she has not.🤯

Not sure if you can do it but I would just book it myself.  Long story.  I had to book them myself due to an issue.  We will then give them to our TA to take from there.  It was easy to do and I even had the extra challenge of CC company on the first one asking via text and e-mail if this was fraud.

Keith

• Like 2

I would not be concerned with the $125.00/$250.00 issue.  As mentioned it is likely due to this being what someone who is not a Crystal Society member gets versus the $250.00/$500.00 that a Crystal Society member gets assuming you book with 90 days of itinerary release.  I have communicated this one to the good folks at Crystal.

Keith

53 minutes ago, TER777 said:

It’s very hard to know how many open booking deposits to do without knowing approximately when Crystal will resume sailing (eg May? August? November?). 

Yes we are all in the same "boat".

Decisions....Decisions.

I just made an assumption for next year and then for all of 2024.  At the same time there are certainly other unknowns including pricing and the itineraries themselves.

As I was reminded, let's say I book more cruises than open bookings.  The worst is  we don't get an as you wish credit for each voyage or even a priority booking  for everyone in terms of booking window.  Then again will every voyage have equal demand where the latter is necessary.  Then again one could error on the higher side and cancel what they don't need.  The open booking fee of $500.00 is much smaller than the 25% deposit at time of booking.

Keith

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Keith1010 said:

I would not be concerned with the $125.00/$250.00 issue.  As mentioned it is likely due to this being what someone who is not a Crystal Society member gets versus the $250.00/$500.00 that a Crystal Society member gets assuming you book with 90 days of itinerary release.  I have communicated this one to the good folks at Crystal.

Keith

I wanted to add that Crystal is well aware of this item and folks are engaged to get it corrected.  It will be $250.00 per person up to $500.00 per suite for Crystal Society Members converting open booking to a regular booking within 90 days of the release of the new itineraries.

Keith

• Like 1

6 hours ago, TER777 said:

It’s very hard to know how many open booking deposits to do without knowing approximately when Crystal will resume sailing (eg May? August? November?). 

I am expecting Nov. but hoping for Oct. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, suzeluvscruz said:

I received an e-mail on my agency account this morning welcoming us to the "new" Crystal. While I did not book anything, all of the TA links that would allow me to do so seemed to work fine.

One thing I did note, for those of us in the Great White North, the open deposit booking platform does give you the option to book in Canadian Dollars. This will be a nice change from the "old" Crystal, who only booked in US Dollars.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, TER777 said:

Book a number of them, and just cancel the ones you don't use.  Since they are fully refundable, I would expect that a number of people have more than one.  As joked above, I would bet that Keith and others have significantly more than one under their name.

I'm willing to park $500 for the possible benefits.

• Like 4

10 hours ago, TER777 said:

I would book just one and then see if you actually like it.

Imagine booking several to find out that it was not for you.

Midtowngal (and any others concerned) -- the $500 applies to suite.

Also, for earlier posters on this thread, just now when I made our deposit (only one at this point), the receipt recognizes that I am a Crystal Society member.  Bob S.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, 2bobs said:

Also, for earlier posters on this thread, just now when I made our deposit (only one at this point), the receipt recognizes that I am a Crystal Society member.  Bob S.

Thank you for clarifying.

34 minutes ago, 2bobs said:

Glad to hear they fixed the problem. I know they were working on it.

Yes, you are right about deposit.  This is why they didn't ask for details as to how many guests, etc.

That will come when open booking converted to a full booking.

Keith

1 hour ago, Mr Luxury said:

We booked our first Crystal Cruise in 2001 for 2002. We were so certain we would like it in early 2002 we booked a second one for 2003 months before we took the first one.

We are not talking about ships that none of us sailed or a completely new crew that none of us know.

Keith

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Keith1010 said:

We booked our first Crystal Cruise in 2001 for 2002. We were so certain we would like it in early 2002 we booked a second one for 2003 months before we took the first one.

We are not talking about ships that none of us sailed or a completely new crew that none of us know.

Keith

As much as you would like the experience to be the same or even better there is the fact that it is a completely new cruise line with new owners and there is a very healthy competition out there as has been reported by ex Crystal regulars.

I do hope for everyone's sake that A&K make a success of it.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Mr Luxury said:

As much as you would like the experience to be the same or even better there is the fact that it is a completely new cruise line with new owners and there is a very healthy competition out there as has been reported by ex Crystal regulars.

I do hope for everyone's sake that A&K make a success of it.

New cruise line yes.  Will it evolve yes.  Did Crystal evolve yes.  Will it have many characteristics of Crystal yes.

and they have put together a great team IMHO.

Ready to go.  Bags are packet. Can’t wait.

Keith

• Like 5

6 hours ago, Mr Luxury said:

Imagine taking advice from a total stranger.

How about you do you, and I’ll do me.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1