Bucket of Beer - Case of Water

Tedferg

Do you know what the cost is and if you can buy any beer or is it just a few that come in buckets?

I am comparing Standard and Plus for an upcoming port intensive cruise. We always go Plus since our drink tab is close enough and so convenience and experimentation are tie breakers. But on a 12-day port intensive cruise, I am comparing purchased drinks / brought on wine / OBC versus extra $1200 for Plus.

Edited by Tedferg

12 minutes ago, Tedferg said:

Do you know what the cost is and if you can buy any beer or is it just a few that come in buckets?

I am comparing Standard and Plus for an upcoming port intensive cruise. We always go Plus since our drink tab is close enough and so convenience and experimentation are tie breakers. But on a 12-day port intensive cruise, I am comparing purchased drinks / brought on wine / OBC versus extra $1200 for Plus.

pre-cruise only - water about $7 for a 'Princess case' - 12 bottles (16oz?)

• Like 1

Just now, voljeep said:

pre-cruise only - water about $7 for a 'Princess case' - 12 bottles (16oz?)

I ALWAYS do the Princess-supplied case of water at $7.08.  One of the best deals onboard! One case will last us a 7 day cruise and if we stretch just a bit, 10 days.

42 minutes ago, Tedferg said:

Thanks how do you order it? I checked Onboard Services for an upcoming cruise, but no water.

Onboard Services then Beverage Packages gets me to the water package option to purchase it & my next Princess cruise is in Spring 2024.

55C13EAF-C561-4C34-B577-5A7622C5A583.jpeg

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Astro Flyer said:

Onboard Services then Beverage Packages gets me to the water package option to purchase it & my next Princess cruise is in Spring 2024.

55C13EAF-C561-4C34-B577-5A7622C5A583.jpeg

Perfect thanks, also saw cans of tonic 🙂

Just need pricing and options for Bucket of Beer, tell me it is not limited to Lite Beer!

Edited by Tedferg

I never saw any buckets of beer being bought on my two week Regal cruise this summer.

Before the drinks package was introduced I always ordered the 5 for 4 bucket but now there is no point if you’ve prepaid all your alcohol drinks!

2 minutes ago, Esprit said:

I never saw any buckets of beer being bought on my two week Regal cruise this summer.

Before the drinks package was introduced I always ordered the 5 for 4 bucket but now there is no point if you’ve prepaid all your alcohol drinks!

My point is that I am thinking of not having Plus, for the first time. The Bucket of Beer would not be a big deal in my calculation.

Edited by Tedferg
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Tedferg said:

My point is that I am thinking of not having Plus, for the first time.

for example only - "a beer" on board costs about $6 ...  buy 4 + 18% (don't forget that) = $28 / 5 = $5.66 per beer

how many 'buckets' do you plan on buying per day?

2 hours ago, Tedferg said:

It is definitely not all beers. There are a limited number of beers that could be purchased in the bucket. It was things like Bud, Bud Light, Coors Lite, etc. It might have included Heineken as well. No "good" beers could be purchased in the bucket. (Not that Princess is known for carrying "good" beers...)

24 minutes ago, voljeep said:

for example only - "a beer" on board costs about $6 ...  buy 4 + 18% (don't forget that) = $28 / 5 = $5.66 per beer

how many 'buckets' do you plan on buying per day?

Right, not much of a saving, I was thinking of a stock of beer in the cabin.

To elaborate, we usually cruise with another couple. When we returned onboard, he and I would have a couple of beers in Crooners while the ladies retired to our cabins. The four of us would meet for a cocktail before dinner and often a nightcap before bed. They are not cruising currently and our 'bar habits' are different with just DW and myself. So, I got to thinking, a glass of wine and a beer in the cabin before dinner, DW retires after the show, and I am not inclined to go to the bar on my own. 375 ml spirits and cans of soda / tonic means we can also have a cocktail if we wish. The fact that we can easily have bottled water in the cabin eliminates another aspect of Plus.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Shelly97060 said:

I just checked the cruise Personalizer for my upcoming cruises and the bucket of beer option is no longer listed. 

Me too, I wondered if it was just available at certain bars, I thought it might be a way to keep a stash in the cabin. Though as has been pointed out, not much of a saving and not much choice of beer.

11 hours ago, donswife said:

Another thing to consider is the amount of shipboard credit you have that will available for drinks.

Right, if the Excursion OBC can be used for other purchases that makes a difference.

Regarding 'Soda' 6 pack, it says to call room service to fulfill order. Can the six be mixed or do they have to be all one type of soda?

12 hours ago, Tedferg said:

Right, if the Excursion OBC can be used for other purchases that makes a difference.

Regarding 'Soda' 6 pack, it says to call room service to fulfill order. Can the six be mixed or do they have to be all one type of soda?

Remember: Each passenger can bring a 12 pack of soda aboard.

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Thrak said:

Remember: Each passenger can bring a 12 pack of soda aboard.

Right but I was thinking of Vodka Tonic for DW and Scotch Soda for me, so three of each would be enough for us. I am really getting lost in the details on this one 🙂

22 hours ago, Tedferg said:

Right but I was thinking of Vodka Tonic for DW and Scotch Soda for me, so three of each would be enough for us. I am really getting lost in the details on this one 🙂

The plus package is the way to go if you drink at least 3-4 drinks a day.  And no mixing in the stateroom required.  Just order on the app and it appears like magic.

1 hour ago, iamaqt2 said:

The plus package is the way to go if you drink at least 3-4 drinks a day.  And no mixing in the stateroom required.  Just order on the app and it appears like magic.

Indeed, and most of what I am doing is 'what if - thought process' clearly no point in nickel and diming options on a vacation. However, on recent cruise we struggled to spend OBC and got a refund. Also, with just two of us we often rested up, showered and went straight to dinner after a long day onshore. No predinner cocktails in Crooners.

1 hour ago, Tedferg said:

Indeed, and most of what I am doing is 'what if - thought process' clearly no point in nickel and diming options on a vacation. However, on recent cruise we struggled to spend OBC and got a refund. Also, with just two of us we often rested up, showered and went straight to dinner after a long day onshore. No predinner cocktails in Crooners.

As soon as you land back on the ship order a round (or 2) delivered to your stateroom while getting ready.  It's just one of many of the amazing things the Medallion does.

5 minutes ago, iamaqt2 said:

As soon as you land back on the ship order a round (or 2) delivered to your stateroom while getting ready.  It's just one of many of the amazing things the Medallion does.

And we can do that without Plus package.

• Like 2