RCI D Plus going on Celebrity soon. Current perks? Other opinions?

Yes you will be Elite (not E+) on Celebrity.  The searches that you did already probably tell the story.  Not much has changed.  

Look here for the complete list of Elite benefits,

https://www.celebritycruises.com/content/dam/celebrity/pdf/updated-captains-club-brochure-v6.pdf

Best cruising to you on APEX or BEYOND!

• Thanks 2

Just got back from a 10day on Celebrity Silhouette as matched Elite. Don't miss the breakfast for elites and up daily. Can get coffees and mimosas bloody Mary's and bellinis No hot food but the salmon bagels were great. There were a couple of meet the officer type gatherings with very plentiful drinks and snacks, well worth attending. I really enjoyed the cruise, food and service in MDR was excellent, felt the whole cruise was a step above my recent cruise experiences. Have booked the reflection for next month after Vision next week. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

43 minutes ago, Sea Viewer said:

Just got back from a 10day on Celebrity Silhouette as matched Elite. Don't miss the breakfast for elites and up daily. Can get coffees and mimosas bloody Mary's and bellinis No hot food but the salmon bagels were great. There were a couple of meet the officer type gatherings with very plentiful drinks and snacks, well worth attending. I really enjoyed the cruise, food and service in MDR was excellent, felt the whole cruise was a step above my recent cruise experiences. Have booked the reflection for next month after Vision next week. 

Hear Hear totally agree.  We just did a Hawaii on the Eclipse in September.  Talk about customer service.  We sent a bag of laundry to be cleaned.  Laundry comes back my wife is missing a yellow sock.  We tell the cabin attendant.  He leaves.  He returns and ask for the sock.  He leaves and we wait for him to return with the pair of socks.  He returns and sadly the other sock is MIA.  We thought he would return with a pair of new socks that would be kept in laundry.  No!  He informed us that we would get a 10 dollar OBC!  Wait it gets better.  The next day knock on door.  It's a officer who apologized for the errant sock and gave us a bottle of wine!  What in the world.  That is going above and beyond.

• Like 6

2 hours ago, lovetotravel06 said:

The customer service mentioned above being another reason I want to give Celeb a try. Have been very loyal to Royal but here and there I think a little better experience could be had for sure.

I found the customer service as well as the overall vibe on Celebrity to be quite good.

but as for perks, well I was not overwhelmed.  I got more being Aqua than I did elite.

I sail on 5-6 different lines so for me perks are not important.  I am half way to Pinnacle but I do like HAL and NCL as well.   

38 minutes ago, Oceansaway17 said:

I found the customer service as well as the overall vibe on Celebrity to be quite good.

but as for perks, well I was not overwhelmed.  I got more being Aqua than I did elite.

I sail on 5-6 different lines so for me perks are not important.  I am half way to Pinnacle but I do like HAL and NCL as well.   

Thanks for the input. I feel like I'm getting there too (perks not as important as they once were but still like some of them!)..For sure could care less about making Pin but did enjoy the journey to D+ and what came with it. Got there via very few suites (mostly balcony) and not one repositioning I might add. Looking forward to Celeb. Thanks again.

The happy hour drinks between 5 and 7 are not valid on first embarkation day. Caught us out on our first Celebrity sailing 

You will get a list of benefits in your cabin 

The drinks with officers is a nice evening. They lay on some lovely snacks but no daily snacks like RC have in their Diamond Lounge 

11 hours ago, LeeW said:

Just remember that you need to get a Captain's Circle number and request status match before the cruise.

You don’t need to do that. I have cruised on Celebrity multiple times and they have always identified me as Elite without me ever telling them about my RCI loyalty level.  

18 hours ago, lovetotravel06 said:

The customer service mentioned above being another reason I want to give Celeb a try. Have been very loyal to Royal but here and there I think a little better experience could be had for sure.

I think you will enjoy Celebrity. I still mainly cruise on RCI, but I cruise on Celebrity 2-3 times a year for what I consider a more relaxed and upgraded experience. I am in my late 50s and I am always one of the youngest people on every Celebrity cruise. Not a big deal but a big difference from when I cruise on RCI. 

6 hours ago, sgmn said:

The drinks with officers is a nice evening. They lay on some lovely snacks but no daily snacks like RC have in their Diamond Lounge 

Unfortunately, that went away with COVID.  Prior to COVID and the Happy Hour with free drinks at most bars, there was an event held in the Sky Lounge for Elite and above with free drinks, same drink selections as now, and with some really good finger foods.  It was not buffet style like in the Diamond Lounge but finger foods severed from a tray by servers who circulated throughout the Sky Lounge.  It was quite nice.  

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

I think you will enjoy Celebrity. I still mainly cruise on RCI, but I cruise on Celebrity 2-3 times a year for what I consider a more relaxed and upgraded experience. I am in my late 50s and I am always one of the youngest people on every Celebrity cruise. Not a big deal but a big difference from when I cruise on RCI. 

I think you may find the crowds to be more of your age on the newer Edge class ships.  They seem to be geared toward a younger clientele base, in my humble opinion, than the Millennium and Solstice class ships.  

21 minutes ago, DaKahuna said:

I think you may find the crowds to be more of your age on the newer Edge class ships.  They seem to be geared toward a younger clientele base, in my humble opinion, than the Millennium and Solstice class ships. 

My most recent Celebrity cruise was on Apex and that was probably the oldest crowd I have experienced on Celebrity. Keep in mind that is based on general observations, I didn’t go around asking everyone their age. I also know the passengers on a cruise ship can drastically change from one cruise to the next one. But overall I think Celebrity definitely has an older crowd compared to RCI. 

On Celebrity, are the complementary Elite drinks loaded on your card and good at any bar all day like on Royal or do you have to go to a specific venue?  We have an 18 night on Eclipse next year and will be our first time on Celebrity in about 10 years.

2 hours ago, DaKahuna said:

Unfortunately, that went away with COVID.  Prior to COVID and the Happy Hour with free drinks at most bars, there was an event held in the Sky Lounge for Elite and above with free drinks, same drink selections as now, and with some really good finger foods.  It was not buffet style like in the Diamond Lounge but finger foods severed from a tray by servers who circulated throughout the Sky Lounge.  It was quite nice.  

This was back last week on Silhouette, was very enjoyable drinks were plentiful and finger foods varied and delicious 

3 hours ago, DaKahuna said:

Agree, Beyond has many instagramable moments and there were a lot of 30s and 40s on our med cruise. Not many children though, maybe because it was term time 

35 minutes ago, Tenderpaw said:

On Celebrity, are the complementary Elite drinks loaded on your card and good at any bar all day like on Royal or do you have to go to a specific venue?  We have an 18 night on Eclipse next year and will be our first time on Celebrity in about 10 years.

Happy hour is 5 to 7pm and drinks from the HH menu are available in most bars during that time only.

No drinks limit, but depends how many drinks you can manage during Happy Hour, especially as during those hours you may still be on land in port or getting ready for dinner

Edited by sgmn

28 minutes ago, Sea Viewer said:

This was back last week on Silhouette, was very enjoyable drinks were plentiful and finger foods varied and delicious 

I am really glad to hear this. 

We do not sail until April so hopefully it will be fully instituted by then.

4 minutes ago, sgmn said:

Happy hour is 5 to 7pm and drinks from the HH menu are available in most bars during that time only.

No drinks limit, but depends how many drinks you can manage during Happy Hour, especially as during those hours you may still be on land in port or getting ready for dinner

LOL! I like the Royal way better but its still a nice perk.

Thanks again for all the info everyone! Looking very forward to giving them a try.  If I may ask, what's the difference between a Concierge balcony and a Veranda? Seem the same but am a total newbie with Celeb!  One other thing...to be clear I can just use my RCI C&A #  and they will automatically know I'm D+ right? (or "Elite" with them)...

1 hour ago, lovetotravel06 said:

Thanks again for all the info everyone! Looking very forward to giving them a try.  If I may ask, what's the difference between a Concierge balcony and a Veranda? Seem the same but am a total newbie with Celeb!  One other thing...to be clear I can just use my RCI C&A #  and they will automatically know I'm D+ right? (or "Elite" with them)...

Concierge Class includes a welcome bottle of sparkling wine (you can exchanged it for a bottle of wine) pillow menu, afternoon canapes, fresh fruit, welcome aboard lunch in the MDR.

No. You will be given a CC number. Call the CC at 1-800-760-0654 and make sure you have been assigned a CC number. You will be elite with zero CC cruise points. 

Thanks for the info....was able to get my CC# online for what it's worth. I don't think the Concierge class would be worth the price difference (around $500 for 2 of us) for me anyway.                                                Be interesting cruising a "new" line and a "newish" ship (Apex it looks like). Half excited about it actually! lol