Muse Compared to Dawn & Moon

ClefsDor

Just wondering what the main differences are between the 2 newest ships, Dawn and Moon, to the slightly older Muse. I know of course that Muse doesn't have any of the Salt venues - bar, restaurant, cooking school. But are there any other differences that people like or dislike between the ships? I know many love Indochine and were sad not to have it on the Moon and Dawn perhaps? There have been many glowing reviews about both Dawn and Moon recently but unfortunately it appears that the last reviews about Muse before she was wet/dry docked were less than stellar so I'm just curious as to why that might be? I certainly hope that the experience we have on the Muse is as good as what people are experiencing on the sister ships.

The main functional difference that springs to mind is that the Arts cafe on the Muse is a bit small and not nearly as pleasant as on the Dawn (and I am actually sitting in the Arts cafe on the Dawn as I type this!), and the Spirit - I presume the cafe on the Moon is the same as the Dawn.

I guess it was a bit of a tryout on the Muse and when it proved so popular, they made it bigger on the newer ships. It serves the same stuff, it just feels a bit cramped after the Dawn.

The cabins are much the same, the only real difference I can recall (was last on the Muse last September) is that the Muse bathroom doesn't have the built-in nightlight which I find to be extremely helpful on the Dawn.

The Indochine issue is entirely personal - I don't like spicy food so I found my menu choices there to be a bit limited (although the Creme Brûlée was to die for) - others found the food to be too bland.

The SALT kitchen gets booked out quickly (too quickly for me) so only a few pax get to do that so I don't count that as a plus or minus, I just don't think about it.

Another purely cosmetic issue, but it did bother me, is that the jogging track on the Muse is a ghastly bright red colour which totally invades your vision when sitting at Spaccanapoli - it's back to the usual beige/brown on the Dawn.

Otherwise I don't really think there's much to choose between the ships, the physical structure isn't really that much different and it's the crew that make the cruise anyway.

I'm happy on any of them and do actually have future cruises booked on all three.

Edited by jollyjones
  • Like 2

Another difference is Dolce Vita and the location of the bar. It is in the middle of the lounge on the 2 newest ships.  It is in the corner of the lounge on Muse.  I would sail all 3 of them again🙂

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, drron29 said:

Well we are doing our own comparison. On the Dawn 3 months ago,will be on the Moon in April,May and on the Muse October,November.

I'll just beat you on the trio in March. 

Jolly... Are you sure that Arts Cafe is smaller on the Muse? I thought it was bigger than the Moon version and had a larger selection of food though may be thinking of the Spirit. 

Another vote for the Muse and  Indochine here, though happy to sail on any of them.

• Like 1

Thanks for all the feedback. From what I have seen online and in videos the Dolce Vita area on Muse looks very cavernous and maybe not very atmospheric given its size - having the bar in the centre as it is on the Dawn and Moon would give the area a little more focus.

I also smiled when I read the comment about the red running track s that is exactly what I thought when I saw pictures, why an earth paint it red - a bit of an eyesore to look at from the pizza restaurant imo.

I assume that since Muse doesn't have all the Salt venues that the other eateries must be somewhat larger given that they have all the other restaurants except for Indochine. So the Salt Bar (with I know is not very large) and the Salt kitchen must have eaten into some of the square footage somewhere?

26 minutes ago, ClefsDor said:

Thanks for all the feedback. From what I have seen online and in videos the Dolce Vita area on Muse looks very cavernous and maybe not very atmospheric given its size - having the bar in the centre as it is on the Dawn and Moon would give the area a little more focus.

I also smiled when I read the comment about the red running track s that is exactly what I thought when I saw pictures, why an earth paint it red - a bit of an eyesore to look at from the pizza restaurant imo.

I assume that since Muse doesn't have all the Salt venues that the other eateries must be somewhat larger given that they have all the other restaurants except for Indochine. So the Salt Bar (with I know is not very large) and the Salt kitchen must have eaten into some of the square footage somewhere?

Hi, the SALT area is on 4 on the Moon/Dawn along with Atlantide and Kaiseki.  La Dame is up on deck 8.

The Muse has Atlantide, Indochine, Kaiseki and LaDame on 4. So they switched the restaurants around.

9 minutes ago, Lois R said:

Hi, the SALT area is on 4 on the Moon/Dawn along with Atlantide and Kaiseki.  La Dame is up on deck 8.

The Muse has Atlantide, Indochine, Kaiseki and LaDame on 4. So they switched the restaurants around.

Well that makes sense, thanks for clarifying.

Look forward to enjoying the Muse in February (Cairns to Singapore), last time on board was a few years ago in the Philippines--loved the Arts Cafe (first of all the Silversea ships then).

Mr. Silver; have one night reserved in La Dame in February(tho did not eat in LD on the Dawn in April), tho have eaten in La Dame on many other Silversea ships.

Edited by WesW
  • Like 1

We prefer the new classification of ships, if I recall correctly as we have been on the Muse, Moon and Spirit, the Kaiseki on the Muse was a teppanyaki style dining experience in the middle of the restaurant with the chef preparing food directly in front of you, which we found fun and more interactive (they also had some tables away from the teppanyaki counter). Also preferred the new larger La Dame on the Moon than the Muse, as well as the Salt restaurant over Indochine.

The central bar area in Dolce Vita on the Moon balances the area/room much better than the Muse, however we would still gladly sail again on the Muse but in my opinion they have made some subtle improvements on the Moon and Dawn design.We sail on the Dawn on the 16 Dec, from what I can see it is very similar to the Moon.

We were looking forward to sailing on the Nova on the inaugural trip, but I have been informed by our TA that it’s been delayed for one month which is very disappointing!