Is everyone still bringing their vaccination cards?

8esther8

On 11/24/2022 at 8:50 AM, Charles4515 said:

Why would anyone ask if it is not required? 

If you contracted COVID while traveling, I think someone would want to see your vaccination status.

It's a small piece of paper. Mine stays permanently in my wallet with my health insurance id card.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, pcur said:

If you contracted COVID while traveling, I think someone would want to see your vaccination status.

It's a small piece of paper. Mine stays permanently in my wallet with my health insurance id card.

Why would they want to see your vaccination status? You can get Covid whether vaccinated or not. 

The paper card would not fit in my wallet. If it were required at a travel destination I would carry it in my passport case. The only times I take it from home is if required. Or when I was getting my boosters and I wanted them added. I have them in my digital wallet. Those are verified. Anyone could fake a paper copy. Seems like a lot of OCD people here. I check the port and cruise line requirements. Some I guess don’t want to bother. 

Edited by Charles4515
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, smokeybandit said:

RC doesn't sail there.

Good point, it was a bad example. It’s still possible though that a cruise could end up going to a port that has, or adds,  a vaccination requirement. 

I have my cards scanned (yes I have 2 cards since I've had 3 boosters) into my notes app on my phone. The physical cards are in my passport wallet, so they will be coming with me. I doubt I'll need it, but I'd rather have it and not need it, than not have it and need it. Meh-not a big deal to me. 

21 hours ago, Charles4515 said:

Paper is easily damaged and unlike a passport or GE card there is no way I can get the paper card replaced. So far none has convinced me I should bring the paper card with me on cruises where vaccination is not required. I have photos of the card and digital records with QR codes in my Apple Wallet but I doubt anyone will ask to to see those either. My paper card will stay at home. 

If you had your vaccinations and boosters at Walgreens, you can get your cards replaced. They have a record that you can see on your Walgreens account and save to your wallet. I have had it replaced because of the amount of boosters. 

6 hours ago, Viajera7 said:

If you had your vaccinations and boosters at Walgreens, you can get your cards replaced. They have a record that you can see on your Walgreens account and save to your wallet. I have had it replaced because of the amount of boosters. 

I didn’t have any vaccinations or boosters at Walgreens. My vaccinations were not at a pharmacy. They were done 1200 miles from where I live now and no way to get a replacement paper card. Lot of people used mass vaccination locations. I did my boosters at pharmacies, two different ones near where I live now, neither a Walgreens. All the locations did enter the vaccinations into Commonhealth so I have verified digital records. No reason to have a fetish on the CDC printed cards. Considering the general tech level many probably only have the paper cards and don’t have a clue how to get the digital records so they think they must have the paper card. 

Edited by Charles4515

22 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

I've never had to show my vax card for anything other than boarding a ship. And I don't ever expect to show it for anything again.

You never know the future but they are not going to  spring it on me as a surprise requirement. If the cruise line tells me I need the paper card I would bring it. 

On 11/26/2022 at 7:12 AM, Charles4515 said:

Why would they want to see your vaccination status? You can get Covid whether vaccinated or not. 

Because if you go anywhere for health care, and they don't know you, they want to see your COVID vaccination information. 

Today I signed documents to transfer my 99 year old MIL to a small care home, and I had to have a mask on, get my temperature taken, and show proof of vaccination before I could take my mask off.

On 11/26/2022 at 7:03 AM, broadwaybaby123 said:

I do!  I have a copy in my wallet, a QR code on my phone, a picture on my phone, and the original with my passport.  No way am I missing that ship because of a technicality!

I'm with you!  I started cruising this past January.  I would have given a blood and urine sample if they asked!!  Just get me on the SHIP!

26 minutes ago, pcur said:

Because if you go anywhere for health care, and they don't know you, they want to see your COVID vaccination information. 

Today I signed documents to transfer my 99 year old MIL to a small care home, and I had to have a mask on, get my temperature taken, and show proof of vaccination before I could take my mask off.

Must be a California thing 😀 In any case I have my verified digital record in my Apple Wallet. No medical provider has ever asked to see my vaccination card. Some have asked my status but they simply wrote it down. I had physical therapy for several months in early 2021 before there were vaccinations and they took my temperature. I had to wear a mask. 

On 11/26/2022 at 7:27 AM, Torfamm said:

Vaccination may not be required to cruise but can still be required to disembark by ports. I wouldn’t want to be unable to get off the ship. Itinerary or vaccination requirement changes are always a possibility 

Guess we'll be out of luck then if they change.  No way we'll ever get it

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, pool_lounger said:

I'm looking for a list of ports that may require proof of vaccination to go ashore. We are cruising to St Thomas, Dominica, Grenada, Bonaire, and Curacao.
Or if you have recently visited these islands, did you have to show proof of vaccination?

You don't know how to do an internet search? 

Currently you don't need to be vaccinated to visit any of those ports.