Wonder of the Seas - Medical Diversion, delay

sharktums

2 minutes ago, orville99 said:

I think your math may be off by about 400 nautical miles - it can be more like 1,000 depending on which route the captain is allowed to take.

Yes, just checked SeaDistances.org, that uses commercial shipping routes.  It is 1000 miles, which at 22 knots is 1 day 22 hours.  I believe they left at 2100 last night, so that would be 1900 (7pm) Sunday, not counting any Gulf Stream boost.

• Thanks 1

Flying in from Pittsburgh, PA to Orlando this evening (Saturday,9/26) and staying hotel near airport.  At least we will or can hang out at the airport until hearing any other updates. Been in a line of similar instance and waiting for hours in the heat was terrible.  Would rather stay at (MCO) airport and get transport later in the day.  Our boarding time is now 1:00-1:30 but doesn't sound like thats gonna happen.  Ohhhh what a mess this is going to be Sunday.  Will keep watching postings.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Bead Pirate said:

I take it my 2:00 PM reservation for the Mason Jar lunch on Sunday is unlikely to occur 🙂 

SOL  Someone will have a reservation for that time, but it won't be for you.

Edited by Jimbo
  • Haha 2

35 minutes ago, chengkp75 said:

I believe they left at 2100 last night, so that would be 1900 (7pm) Sunday, not counting any Gulf Stream boost.

She seems to be doing about 24 knots and has a scheduled arrival of 19:30 GMT according to cruisemapper.

They would need to maintain 24 knts the entire time to arrive at 2:30 pm since they left San Juan at 8:30pm last night and its 996 nautical miles at 24knts is 41 hours.   My wife is in Port Canaveral already so it will be interesting to see if they delay a full day to get the passengers off first or not.  Since someone mentioned that Indy is coming in Monday morning they need the pier for them.   It is going to be messy tomorrow for those arriving and not knowing its late.   I assume RCL will probably be sending some type of notice out today once they figure out their plan.

Just now, PantherFan said:

They would need to maintain 24 knts the entire time to arrive at 2:30 pm since they left San Juan at 8:30pm last night and its 996 nautical miles at 24knts is 41 hours.   My wife is in Port Canaveral already so it will be interesting to see if they delay a full day to get the passengers off first or not.  Since someone mentioned that Indy is coming in Monday morning they need the pier for them.   It is going to be messy tomorrow for those arriving and not knowing its late.   I assume RCL will probably be sending some type of notice out today once they figure out their plan.

We actually didn't leave San Juan until 9:21 pm. 

1 hour ago, chengkp75 said:

Yes, just checked SeaDistances.org, that uses commercial shipping routes.  It is 1000 miles, which at 22 knots is 1 day 22 hours.  I believe they left at 2100 last night, so that would be 1900 (7pm) Sunday, not counting any Gulf Stream boost.

KP '73 here.  Doing a Wonder of the Seas cruise  in July

25 minutes ago, PantherFan said:

It is going to be messy.

According to the port Canaveral schedule, cruise terminal 5 was scheduled to be vacant on Monday.  While not ideal, if necessary I would think terminal 5 Monday could service Indy while terminal 1 services Wonder.  Of course, that would mean passengers on Indy who parked in the garage at CT1 would need a shuttle, so they will be unhappy.  Also, IF (big if) it happens that way, passengers boarding Indy at terminal 5 may want to select an off site parking vendor as Indy will probably be back to docking at terminal 1 at the end of their cruise.

39 minutes ago, Starry Eyes said:

It is going to be messy.

According to the port Canaveral schedule, cruise terminal 5 was scheduled to be vacant on Monday.  While not ideal, if necessary I would think terminal 5 Monday could service Indy while terminal 1 services Wonder.  Of course, that would mean passengers on Indy who parked in the garage at CT1 would need a shuttle, so they will be unhappy.  Also, IF (big if) it happens that way, passengers boarding Indy at terminal 5 may want to select an off site parking vendor as Indy will probably be back to docking at terminal 1 at the end of their cruise.

And that's assuming there are any parking spaces left either at the terminal or offsite 

WOW!   Obviously not a "WONDER"-ful cruise.  Prayers to all Alphas, regardless of conditions.  And hoping that all the current passengers are able to get home safely, if a bit late. And all the incoming passengers get free meals at Mason Jar or Chops.  Or a free drink package😁

• Like 1