Haven Restaurant Service Charges? Are these new?

Labracadabra

1 hour ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

I like to send the message to the casual reader/cruiser that they can have a fantastic time in any cabin on the ship and they don't need to be in the Haven to have a good vacation.😎

Exactly--I get it.     Sometimes I feel some comments make it seem like if you cannot stay in a Haven cabin, you will not have a great vacation.    Or, my personal favorite, once you stay in Haven, you cannot go back.   We went back and had a better time.  To each their own.  

• Like 5

47 minutes ago, vacation44 said:

Exactly--I get it.     Sometimes I feel some comments make it seem like if you cannot stay in a Haven cabin, you will not have a great vacation.    Or, my personal favorite, once you stay in Haven, you cannot go back.   We went back and had a better time.  To each their own.  

Honestly, the best NCL cruise I have had was in a spa balcony with a vibe pass. Dedicated areas available to you, tons of flexibility for everything else. 

• Like 1

Curious if the OP ever found any solution or answer to their question. This is very strange.  Could it be a glitch that somehow some non-Haven guest's billing got accidently billed to their account.

Many years ago before the drink package you could get drinks delivered to your room.  One night in the Haven we got drinks delivered.  A few days later I saw this bill for the Atrium bar.  We never stopped there let alone get a drink there.  I went to the concierge and they told me it was the drinks we ordered the other night.  Then it clicked.  I have no idea why the drinks were not made at the Haven bar (Epic) but maybe it was closed.  There was a logical explanation to the charge.   I am curious how this one turns out.  It seems like someone's drinks got billed to their account.

• Like 2

That happened to me this year.  In March 2022 I did a B2B on the Bliss as a solo.  The first week we had a fabulous, active roll call which led to an even better Cruise Critic pub crawl.  Everyone had the beverage package.  At Maltings, the bar waiter put every drink that every person on the pub crawl ordered through as a charge on MY account.  Fortunately I was  checking my onboard account frequently through the NCL app and I went to guest services.  It took them awhile but they told me they would fix it.  I told them I wasn’t stepping away from the desk until the charges were removed.  They eventually called a beverage manager who took the charges off.  I then told guest services they needed to do something to make this right.  They sent a bottle of red wine to the cabin but I sent it back because I’m allergic to red wine.

• Like 2

On 12/17/2022 at 11:29 PM, YVRteacher said:

I then told guest services they needed to do something to make this right.  They sent a bottle of red wine to the cabin but I sent it back because I’m allergic to red wine.

So you told them they needed to do something to make the situation right. They sent you a bottle of red to your cabin for your trouble and you sent it back….because you’re allergic. Had I been the one who was allergic I would have graciously accepted the bottle in the good faith gesture it appeared to be and gifted the bottle to someone else. A cabin steward, a server, anyone. Sheesh. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

So you told them they needed to do something to make the situation right. They sent you a bottle of red to your cabin for your trouble and you sent it back….because you’re allergic. Had I been the one who was allergic I would have graciously accepted the bottle in the good faith gesture it appeared to be and gifted the bottle to someone else. A cabin steward, a server, anyone. Sheesh. 

You have no idea whether or not I offered the wine to the room steward.  

• Like 1

On 12/24/2022 at 8:26 AM, Georgia_Peaches said:

True… was going by what you said… “I sent it back”. My apologies for misinterpreting what you wrote. 

We were told by one of our stewards that they are not allow to keep bottles of wines, or other alcohol even if they are given as gifts.

32 minutes ago, spanishguy1970 said:

We were told by one of our stewards that they are not allow to keep bottles of wines, or other alcohol even if they are given as gifts.

I'm not surprised at that.  I do wonder if one can give the bottle to the steward to pass along to someother passengers?  

• Like 1

Oh how I wish we could get an update for this thread. Was it a mistake by NCL? System error? Or was it a question of instead of going to the Haven Bar, ordering a lot of room service drinks delivered to a Haven suite from the Haven bar via the butler and the pax thinking those were included too? Or something else. 

Edited by European_CruiseGirl
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, European_CruiseGirl said:

Oh how I wish we could get an update for this thread. Was it a mistake by NCL? System error? Or was it a question of instead of going to the Haven Bar, ordering a lot of room service drinks delivered to a Haven suite from the Haven bar via the butler and the pax thinking those were included too? Or something else. 

I've been hoping for an update too.  I hope OP will come back and let us know how it turns out.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, European_CruiseGirl said:

There are many of us who would like an update, but it maybe three/four weeks for op to hear from NCL. 

• Like 1

There's been a couple of other live post / trip report onboard various NCL ships within the past 2 to 3 weeks from other folks staying in Haven; and, thus far, not reading about anyone else getting charged and/or unexplained charges with their onboard account (yet).   Reasonable to assume OP's charges were posted in error and not new across-the-board extras ... as dexddd would joked "for your convenience, of course" 

• Like 2