Which Easter week will have the most kids?

mafig

My son goes to Catholic school and they have the week of April 2-9 off, for whatever that's worth. I have a friend who worked in customer service in the cruise industry for two decades and she said spring break is March and April - any weeks in those months are full of kids, teenagers and college students and best avoided unless you want chaos. She said sometimes she even found poop in the hallways of the ships. 

Edited by njsmom

12 minutes ago, njsmom said:

My son goes to Catholic school and they have the week of April 2-9 off, for whatever that's worth. I have a friend who worked in customer service in the cruise industry for two decades and she said spring break is March and April - any weeks in those months are full of kids, teenagers and college students and best avoided unless you want chaos. She said sometimes she even found poop in the hallways of the ships. 

🤢 

• Haha 1

Last year I went during Easter-time on Joy and it was chaos.  However, Escape had just had its "accident" and some people were transferred to our sailing.  

One year I went during Easter time on Celebrity....mainly because the rates were great, and it was a brand new ship (at the time).  I figured we'd just put up with the kids.  However, there were less than 30 kids total on the cruise.  I realize this was Celebrity, though.

One thing I didn't mention was the ship I'm considering is Dawn.  It's old, and doesn't have a lot of the activities that would attract kids.  Do you think this would make a difference?

I am a high school teacher and always cruise over spring break...because I get the same break as the kids! I discovered the Vibe years ago as a way to avoid the crowds during my spring break cruises. It's perfect and worth the extra $$$.

• Like 3

22 hours ago, New2cruise2022 said:

If you are trying to avoid children, I see a Vibe pass in your future. 

1 hour ago, Melody7 said:

I am a high school teacher and always cruise over spring break...because I get the same break as the kids! I discovered the Vibe years ago as a way to avoid the crowds during my spring break cruises. It's perfect and worth the extra $$$.

4 hours ago, mafig said:

Last year I went during Easter-time on Joy and it was chaos.  However, Escape had just had its "accident" and some people were transferred to our sailing.  

One year I went during Easter time on Celebrity....mainly because the rates were great, and it was a brand new ship (at the time).  I figured we'd just put up with the kids.  However, there were less than 30 kids total on the cruise.  I realize this was Celebrity, though.

One thing I didn't mention was the ship I'm considering is Dawn.  It's old, and doesn't have a lot of the activities that would attract kids.  Do you think this would make a difference?

The Dawn does not have a Vibe.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, vacation44 said:

The Dawn does not have a Vibe.

Sorry for not seeing the OP's follow up post. I haven't sailed on the smaller ships. Perhaps the smaller ships don't draw as much of the family crowd since they don't have some of the "bells and whistles" that the larger ships do (water slides, laser tag, ropes courses, etc.)?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Melody7 said:

Sorry for not seeing the OP's follow up post. I haven't sailed on the smaller ships. Perhaps the smaller ships don't draw as much of the family crowd since they don't have some of the "bells and whistles" that the larger ships do (water slides, laser tag, ropes courses, etc.)?

We have sailed on a school vacation  week on the jewel, gem, and breakaway, all had tons of kids.

• Like 1