Sun Princess - Original

nasa1974

15 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

I had read the same you quoted, but of course PCL did not publish that they were ruining the rest of the Sanctuary for the steerage guests. 

From the main video provided to date, it makes perfect sense that a Suite guest can come and go as the please and use the entire space.  

What we do not know is if they show up expecting to use one of their padded loungers, and they are all full, will they be able to plunk down onto a sun bed lounger to wait for one to open up?  

The Sun Sanctuary must have some capacity control, but that doesn't mean everyone gets a lounger.  

IMO, we need a detailed report from a guest who interviews the Sanctuary manager and asks them a list of questions on the operation.  Until then, I think we have speculated the heck out of the place.  In fact, I have been thinking that the Sun Sanctuary needs its own thread topic and all posts in this thread on the subject should be moved to it.  ( @Host CJSKIDS, is that too much work now with maybe 100 posts on the Sun Sanctuary-  what do you think?)

Can't be done, sorry. 

There is already a thread on the Sanctuary on the Sun. 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

True, but of course the Dome is an open public area and may have more noise.

Are you sure?  Just wait until the screaming children get access to the Park 19 roller glider...which looks like it runs right next to the Sanctuary pool.  I don't think the glider is operational yet, so we will have to see what effect it has on the noise levels.  I don't see it having a positive influence on the Sanctuary vibe, though.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, startedwithamouse said:

It's ONE ship. 

Princess has FIFTEEN other ships you're going to not sail on?

Im thinking we need a thread for those that are excited even with all the changes. I mean if I don't like the Sun, I will happily stick with the Sky and other Royal class which I adore!  Some are going from disappointed to downright angry...

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Has anyone on board experienced the Enclave as yet? 

Do you know if it is still complimentary to Suite guests? 

Any pictures of the Enclave? 

Thank you 

Christine 

13 minutes ago, JimmyVWine said:

Reviews of other ships that have the same set-up uniformly call the Cabana cabins that open up to the deck area the worst cabins on the ship for that exact reason.  One video even showed deck loungers pressed up against the glass of the cabin's "balcony" so that if you were out on your balcony, someone else's greasy head was pressed up against your glass partition, a foot away from you.  Yech!

Gross!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, CatMom72 said:

Are you sure?  Just wait until the screaming children get access to the Park 19 roller glider...which looks like it runs right next to the Sanctuary pool.  I don't think the glider is operational yet, so we will have to see what effect it has on the noise levels.  I don't see it having a positive influence on the Sanctuary vibe, though.

Or there's a Code V being announced! 

4 minutes ago, FLAlaska said:

Im thinking we need a thread for those that are excited even with all the changes. I mean if I don't like the Sun, I will happily stick with the Sky and other Royal class which I adore!  Some are going from disappointed to downright angry...

Oh, I still want to experience this ship.  I just won't be laying out the dough for the non-Sanctuary.

• Like 7

17 minutes ago, Mary Kelly said:

Has anyone on board experienced the Enclave as yet? 

Do you know if it is still complimentary to Suite guests? 

Any pictures of the Enclave? 

Thank you 

Christine 

The Enclave has not ever been a Suite perk.

That would be the Thermal Suite on Grand and Island class ships.

That said, some few Royal class ships' HGM staff decided to gift Enclave to the suite guests, in spite of it not being an actual perk (and the Suite perks listings clearly listed not an option on Royal class ships).. Discovery and Regal come to mind as two who gifted it, at least sometimes.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PacnGoNow said:

Seems to be missing the “Decorator’s touch”.   All over the ship.  JMO

This is pretty much how I’ve been feeling looking at the pictures and videos.  Some odd color choices and carpets.  Kind of amateur feeling and definitely not high style.  So far nothing has me thinking “wow that is amazing” like some other new recent ships.  

Perhaps it’s all better in person and just doesn’t photograph well?  Could very well be the case.  

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, FLAlaska said:

So much complaining!

• Like 6

17 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

Oh, I still want to experience this ship.

Same.  I am very much looking forward to my "very heavy on the Sea Days" cruise in September.  I chose the Sea Day heavy cruise specifically to experience all the ship has to offer.  But much of what I am looking forward to isn't yet operational, so I'm not getting any positive feedback from the current reports which is coloring my views.  Once I hear about how great the new dining venues are, and how game-changing the entertainment is, and how "Spellbound" I will be, I won't care one bit about the Sanctuary.  I chose a Cabana so that I could have my own private Sanctuary.  Just wish it was more zhuzhed up.  

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Wishing on a star said:

Some people are angry enough to yell directly at other people on a chat board in all caps.

WHAT?  Sorry, I'm not angry, just partially deaf.

• Haha 4

Posted (edited)

Why can we not discuss things that we might not like?????

We all have our opinions...  like some things, and disappointed in others.

I think many things on the new ship are spectacular!!!!

The sanctuary... maybe not.

Edited by Wishing on a star
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Globaler said:

Maybe we could focus on the things we like!

LOVE that Princess Live has reverted back to something far more akin to the Explorer's Lounge instead of a cold, industrial TV studio.  On the day that the first Princess Live was shown in mock-up I voiced my opinion that the conversion was a big mistake.  Took them a decade to hear me. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, JimmyVWine said:

LOVE that Princess Live has reverted back to something far more akin to the Explorer's Lounge instead of a cold, industrial TV studio.  On the day that the first Princess Live was shown in mock-up I voiced my opinion that the conversion was a big mistake.  Took them a decade to hear me. 

Better late than never!

• Like 3

It's good that we can discuss what looks good and what we think is a bad idea on the new Sun. 

Three pages on what cabin should get signature benefits. Now three pages of gripping about the 

Sanctuary. 

There is a thread that was started Wednesday.