A Silver Shadow Over The World - December 2023 to May 2024

mysty

43 minutes ago, mysty said:

We learned something interesting about the tides in Broome.  The Kimberley Coast has the highest tides in the Southern Hemisphere.  The difference between high and low tides is up to around 10 meters (32 feet).  Here are pictures taken from our veranda on deck 5.

Since you mention odd tides:  did you know that in Mobile Bay there is only 1 high day per day?  Strange but true.  [And a shock to a young teacher 'from away' who marked the answer '1' wrong, only to be schooled by her pupil!]

• Haha 1

Today is a sea day.  We're going to a wine tasting this afternoon. 

20240312_194338.thumb.jpg.3a0efd7fd517aa1f1df81b833a4d6f18.jpg

This is a pricey one.  $300 each.  I don't think we would have the chance to taste these in our real world.   😅

We're also having our next special request dinner tonight.  Nasir Campur Bali.  We'll see how this one goes. 

• Like 6

2 hours ago, mysty said:

This is a pricey one.  $300 each.  I don't think we would have the chance to taste these in our real world.   😅

We're also having our next special request dinner tonight.  Nasir Campur Bali.  We'll see how this one goes. 

Have a wonderful time M. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

A terrific list there, Mysty.  I have - very many years ago when prices were less high - had a couple of these great wines, but to do a compare and contrast will be great.  And hopefully prepare you for coming across a dragon in the next few days?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, lincslady said:

A terrific list there, Mysty.  I have - very many years ago when prices were less high - had a couple of these great wines, but to do a compare and contrast will be great.  And hopefully prepare you for coming across a dragon in the next few days?

We're looking forward to the tasting.  😁  No dragons in my future unless they are fellow passengers.   I avoid things with claws and teeth!  😅

• Like 5
  • Haha 4

Mysty, your adventure is so fun to read. I have a question. Does it seem like you have been away for almost 3 full months? Does the time go pretty quickly? Just curious really and you still have many more weeks to go.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Lois R said:

Mysty, your adventure is so fun to read. I have a question. Does it seem like you have been away for almost 3 full months? Does the time go pretty quickly? Just curious really and you still have many more weeks to go.

It seems to be going by in a heartbeat.  3 months has seemed like 3 weeks.   We have enjoyed our time and have taken more leisurely days than on other adventures.  We're looking forward to the next almost half. 😁

• Like 4

23 hours ago, mysty said:

The favourite was Chateau l'Evangile 2012 priced at $245.  Voted #1 by 10 out of 12 people.  The most expensive was Chateau Cheval Blanc at $820.  No one voted for that one in the top 3.

• Like 6

Just now, lincslady said:

I looked online for the recipe for this dish, Mysty, and it does sound delicious.  So glad they made an excellent job of it for you both.

The rice alone was amazing!  😋  The meal was a real treat!

• Like 4

Today we were in Lembar, Lombok, Indonesia.  Lombok is one of the thousands of islands in Indonesia and it lies due east of Bali.  We took an excursion called Lombok's Cultural Heritage.  We rode from the pier in air conditioned buses for about an hour to the arrival at Mayura Water Palace.  Here are photos.....

DSC01079.JPG.0d6ebf6f1876d3ad5aaac6c4f72a7f68.JPG

DSC01081.JPG.631b4a91f86f257b54a0b5f3a0b17d1b.JPG

DSC01082.JPG.9a3f484dd247a6ddc219ad5120c602ed.JPG

DSC01094.JPG.12d97656fe6f98dca859fb6926872592.JPG

DSC01096.JPG.e78284f669d9dde3f7a0c25538a329d7.JPG

DSC01100.JPG.0f47c6ed22cbfda03d1e58b7f14c0de4.JPG

DSC01106.JPG.15300d3c7963b161f8d4ae420d31646c.JPG

Next we visited NTB Museum.....

DSC01114.JPG.52cc28e0bdd5e09188900ed33df44c8a.JPG

DSC01121.JPG.e8128ebcca53b671356b962c0c0d696b.JPG

DSC01122.JPG.9475d341e4f0baea9b675e1df639b4ab.JPG

Last stop was a crafts market.  Tomorrow we are in Bali, Indonesia.

• Like 7

On 3/14/2024 at 12:46 AM, mysty said:

The favourite was Chateau l'Evangile 2012 priced at $245.  Voted #1 by 10 out of 12 people.  The most expensive was Chateau Cheval Blanc at $820.  No one voted for that one in the top 3.

Reminds me of the evening many years back when my husband grabbed a bottle from our winecellar to go with our casual Friday evening tapa style dinner, you know, just bread, cheese, salami etc. Red wine went down very well. Then I saw the label... He managed to lay his hands on the bottle of Cheval Blanc we had been presented with as a treat. Had planned to keep that for a special occasion to go with a special meal. 
Oh well... taught us that life is too short to drink mediocre wine🤣

• Like 8

1 hour ago, mysty said:

Today is our second day in Bali, Indonesia.    We aren't doing any excursions here.  We are eagerly looking forward to a visit from @drron29 and @rojaan19 for lunch on the Shadow today.   😁

That sounds like a wonderful Cooler lunch!  Too bad JP and Chris aren't there to join you.  [and maybe some day our paths will cross and I can join this august group – after all, I'm a Leo so I belong in August groups...]

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

and maybe some day our paths will cross and I can join this august group – after all, I'm a Leo so I belong in August groups...]

I am a LEO too -  so what day are you ?  

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, rojaan19 said:

I am a LEO too -  so what day are you ?  

1.  Also a first-born.  I've always been #1.  So in my mature years I am working on humility, but it's hard...

• Haha 5

Just now, rojaan19 said:

You are older than me  !

Definitely in days.  But also probably in years.  [A few years ago I made raised beds in  my garden and dumped in many bags of new soil.  Since then I am officially "older than dirt."]

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

And thank you very much @mysty. Enjoyed meeting you and your husband. A very nice lunch in the MDR.

Was also a lovely touch meeting Bippin and Pisa 2 of my favourites from our last Muse cruise.

May you have fair weather and seas for the rest of your world cruise.

• Like 6