Hotel recommendations Fort Lauderdale

mameeo

Do any of you wonderful cruisers have suggestions for nice hotel near port Everglades. It’s just one night but want to be comfortable. And if there’s a store close by the hotel to get wine and snacks for our trip. 
Thank you very much for all reply’s 

Cheers🍷

DO NOT stay at the Best Western.  It is one and a half steps up from being a dump.  You can do better.  I stayed there this past spring mainly because I had Best Western points I needed to use up, but it was not a pleasant stay.  It was totally safe, but the hotel really needs a refurbishment.

3 hours ago, PRINCESS Sweet Pea said:

We use ValuTrips to book at the Hyatt Place Cruise Port.  Publix, Total Wine, dining, everything you need right there.  Good shuttle service to the Port.

We have an early am flight into FLL this spring.  Any idea if the Hyatt (using ValuTrips) permits early checkin?   Last visit to area I hotwired the Riverside and unable to get access to room until 4 pm, sharp.

40 minutes ago, keishashadow said:

We have an early am flight into FLL this spring.  Any idea if the Hyatt (using ValuTrips) permits early checkin?   Last visit to area I hotwired the Riverside and unable to get access to room until 4 pm, sharp. They will get you into a room as soon as possible. Last September they had us in a room pre cruise at  11.00 AM. They are very flexible. Make sure to tell them you do not want to pay Extra to get in early. We have used Valutrips 6-7 times now for this location over the past 5 years.

42 minutes ago, keishashadow said:

We have an early am flight into FLL this spring.  Any idea if the Hyatt (using ValuTrips) permits early checkin?   Last visit to area I hotwired the Riverside and unable to get access to room until 4 pm, sharp.

If they have a room available they will more than likely let you check in early. This has no relevance to who you booked with.

2 hours ago, keishashadow said:

Early check-in is always a facet of room availability. Given the huge number of cruisers coming and going, expecting early check in is pretty unrealistic. Hotels will almost always hold your bags until your room is ready and you can do other things. 

9 hours ago, CruiserBruce said:

Early check-in is always a facet of room availability. Given the huge number of cruisers coming and going, expecting early check in is pretty unrealistic. Hotels will almost always hold your bags until your room is ready and you can do other things. 

I hear you. However, have had a good success rate overall In my travels when it comes to an early checkin

I’m very flexible as to room locations & tend to book properties as to having reward status with the brand.  Which I do not have with Hyatt.  

A top brand’s manager shared with me that their room schedulers take care to assign their frequent guests a room ahead of those who book thru a third party at a heavy discount (example hotwire).  They are the first to get bumped to a sister property in a case of overbooking.  

Whether this holds true with all brands, I cannot say.  However, the only times I’ve been bumped to other properties is when booking thru a room discounter for a night before a cruise.

It’s happened enough that I do think thrice about not booking direct.  Never heard of this discounter before reading here.  They do check out as legit.  This rate being more than half off for my date, is admittedly very difficult to pass up 🤑

20 hours ago, DCThunder said:

DO NOT stay at the Best Western.  It is one and a half steps up from being a dump.  You can do better.  I stayed there this past spring mainly because I had Best Western points I needed to use up, but it was not a pleasant stay.  It was totally safe, but the hotel really needs a refurbishment.

Which Best Western, they have more than one in the area.

I have stayed at Best Western Oceanside, on Sea Breeze Blvd and have been very happy with our stays.  Friendly staff, clean rooms with microwave, small refrigerator, $ washer/dryer, bar with food, 100 yards from ocean, bus outside the entrance.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, keishashadow said:

Not sure about with valu trips, but we have stayed there several times and for a small fee was able to check in at 9am. For a lesser fee could check in at 12nn.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, DCThunder said:

Best Western Ft. Lauderdale Airport/Cruise port on W. State Street is the one I stayed at.

Ouch, I like that one because it is so close to a grocery store & places to eat. Also, SAS will pick me up there to take me to the Port of Miami. It may not be the best but I don't need a lot.

2 hours ago, CM1984 said:

Anyone familiar with hotels that offer the Park and Cruise package?  I found one but it does not have great ratings.  Thanks

Mimi .. VA

As commonly recommended here, check www.sunny.org for a list of all Ft Lauderdale hotels, with their amenities, like parking and shuttles.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

ValuTrips originally sent me an email saying an error with my CC not being valid.

I submitted another request on their website yesterday with the same CC.  Also, called and emailed them indicating there should be no issue with the card.  I assume a typo of some sort there, all eventually went well.

Received confirmation email today, yea!  

in response to my question to them re early checking:

Check in time is 3 PM. Early check in cannot be guaranteed. However, you may check in early after 10am if a room is available. Please check directly with the hotel on the day of your arrival for availability. An additional charge of $30.00 may apply.