New MDR menus yet?

3 minutes ago, island lady said:

Most definitely have not seen that on any ship.   Sorry.   Tough enough it seems for them to keep many of the normally listed wines in stock.  

At least they sent the correct wines from my profile to our cabin upon embarkation...I was totally shocked!   

Well, our next booked cruise is Star and I'm sure the Genie will hear from her if he can't/wont get it. :classic_rolleyes: 

Thanks for the quick response.  

Edited by Ret MP
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, nelblu said:

Thanks, lesson learned.  However, not sure if doing it right as I chose Jan.14 sail and I only get is the kid's menu 🤣and followed by a ton of wines.  Looked at the subsequent week's sail and same kid's menu for all of the 7 nights.

Will try again tomorrow hopefully with better luck.

Went to the week that you listed, and the new menus are there.   Strange that same not shown on the weeks that I selected 

8 hours ago, njkruzer said:

On board the Voyager.  Old menu.  Got a song and dance from head waiter about cost. Told him we like classic options.   

Like we did not know that it was due to economics.  The bigger question "Has the quality improved or is it the same old old."

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, orville99 said:

Boarding Wonder this morning, and according to the app, she has the new menus now. Should be interesting.

Unless it's an error, what's funny is on day 7 the new menu shows 9 different entrees vs 7 for the other days.  I guess since it's the last night (7-night sail) Royal wants it to be special. 🤣

Ps.  4 entrees on day 7 are from the classic portion of the old menu.😆

20 hours ago, bmarts said:

The menu looks very weak. If I went to a restaurant with that limited of a menu I would be kind of annoyed. 

14 hours ago, Norwich Cruiser said:

So would we.

Not if your were sitting in a ChuckECheese.  You'd be doing the happy dance! 🥳🎉

😁

• Haha 2

Thinking about this.  If the menu is as limited as this, I am more likely to request tweaks to what is on the menu.   I'm probably not the only one, and that would have the opposite effect of what they want.  

Before I hit the Submit Reply button, my brain kept working.  Maybe tweaking everything could be a customer protest?   Royal will be closing watching the data, and if they see it having the opposite effect they'll want to add the classics back.  

• Like 1

14 hours ago, nelblu said:

Thanks, lesson learned.  However, not sure if doing it right as I chose Jan.14 sail and I only get is the kid's menu 🤣and followed by a ton of wines.  Looked at the subsequent week's sail and same kid's menu for all of the 7 nights.

Will try again tomorrow hopefully with better luck.

I had that on this sailing before I boarded.   It only showed me the Vegan menu for 1st night...go figure.  😉 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, davekathy said:

Thanks. Might have to fill up on the DL pre-dinner snacks. 😉

So called "Pinnie Event" on Jewel right now is simply an overflow from the DL...which means all Diamonds, D+, and Pinnies eat from the same buffet in the tiny DL...having the back door open to the VCL.  

Lots of growling going on in there....like Lions to the kill.  😄  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

11 hours ago, njkruzer said:

On board the Voyager.  Old menu.  Got a song and dance from head waiter about cost. Told him we like classic options.   

Still have the classics here on Jewel.  But when I ordered my back up plan (Salmon)....unfortunately it was very fishy.   Bucky's Caesar salad was so tiny, a mouse would have gone hungry.  😮 

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, orville99 said:

Boarding Wonder this morning, and according to the app, she has the new menus now. Should be interesting.

Please give us the update later!   Enjoy your cruise on one of my favorite new ships!  🥰

8 minutes ago, island lady said:

Doing Giovanni's tonight...at least that menu is also the same.  🙂 

We ate there in Nov and it was really good.  Osso Bucco, a side of pasta-both really good.  

• Like 1

Just now, BND said:

We ate there in Nov and it was really good.  Osso Bucco, a side of pasta-both really good.  

I have never tried the Osso Bucco...not really a red meat person (though Bucky loves their filet).   Maybe I should try it tonight...thanks.  🙂 

5 minutes ago, island lady said:

I have never tried the Osso Bucco...not really a red meat person (though Bucky loves their filet).   Maybe I should try it tonight...thanks.  🙂 

It's a completely different texture than a filet.  It's a veal shank so it is a lighter color. 

Edited by BND
  • Like 1

46 minutes ago, island lady said:

Shank portion with bone in. 

Braised over a long period of time in a broth of vegetables and seasoning until fall off the bone tender. It is not like a steak but cooked with the bone and very, very flavorful.

2 hours ago, jamon said:

does anyone know if the odyssey of the seas has the new menu? We will be boarding on 1/14/23 and we don't have access to the app....thanks

You probably won't know till you board - the app still shows the old menu.