Does Carnival Hub app suck for everyone, or just on the Glory?

GomezAddams

We loved the idea of the Carnival Hub app to chat with each other while on our cruise on the Glory. Unfortunately, the chat function spent more time trying to connect than actually being connected. Just wondering if this is a one-off problem, or if Carnival doesn't quite have the bugs worked out.

Other functions mostly worked fine. We did notice that of our group of 5 people, 3 of us could never view the "Wall of Moments". Just got a blank page the entire cruise.

And yes, we stayed connected to the Glory's wifi the entire time. It didn't seem to matter if we were in our cabins or out in public spaces. I even tried standing while standing right underneath an access point in our hallway.

The chat feature was hit and miss for us on the Mardi Gras in October.  Sometimes the messages would come later and other times not at all.  Most of them did go through and as we were sailing with another couple, it was a nice feature.  When it's just DH and I, we don't bother with the chat feature and just keep up with each other the old fashioned way. 

the only thing that sucks on the hub app is that randomly it will skip a day and be a day ahead. like i will be on day 2 of the cruise and then all of the sudden the app will automatically default to day 3 activities, menu and other things. i always have to click on the day on top and changed it to the correct day. this happen to me mutiple times on different ships. kind of annoying at times

Never been on Glory, but after trying the chat feature on a number of cruises on Breeze and Vista for a number of years, we gave up and either pay for the social package and use Messenger or go old-school and leave post-its in the stateroom. Even with leaving the app open and not closing out of it, unless you had your phone unlocked and in front of your face you would never know when you got a message, on the rare occasions you did get the message. Just pretty useless.

• Like 1

Not even worth having the hub app for chat last week on the Pride. Messages sometimes would show on my phone as not going, but then when they did show up as going, they would be delivered to my cruise companions hours after I sent the messages. I asked my brother if they wanted to join us for breakfast and assumed they did not want to. He got the message while sitting right next to me in the main lounge six hours later. 

1 hour ago, shof515 said:

the only thing that sucks on the hub app is that randomly it will skip a day and be a day ahead. like i will be on day 2 of the cruise and then all of the sudden the app will automatically default to day 3 activities, menu and other things. i always have to click on the day on top and changed it to the correct day. this happen to me mutiple times on different ships. kind of annoying at times

Had that problem last month on the Spirit.  People kept showing up in the dining room trying to order things from the following day's menu. "What do you mean there's no alligator beignets tonight??!!?"

Edited by CajunOyster
Spelled dinning like John Heald

I gave up on the Chat feature early on. It never had a notification that worked well and just wasn't reliable for us. I've tried it on Magic, Mardi Gras, Spirit and Pride. Mardi Gras (twice) and Spirit just this year. We use FB Messenger to keep in touch, I get a Premium and hubby gets a Social package. We just find it far more reliable and as we get older and older we try and keep the extra walking down to a minimum as hubby can't do more than one flight of stairs. Its worth the $$ for us.

• Like 1

Generally, I've had decent experiences with it, but it does get pretty buggy with different features. We've had problems with the messages not going through to everyone in a timely manner (some will get them right away, others hours later). Last cruise in October, mine didn't work at all the last day and I couldn't get the app to check us in for dinner. 

Worked poorly for us on the Sunshine in September (mostly the chat functionj) and decently for us on the Pride in December.(we didn't waste our money for the chat that cruise)

Nephew and his wife said it was completely non functioning on their cruise on the Sunshine the day after Christmas.  Couldn't make dinner reservations, message each other or see their folio or read things to do on the ship or see any menus.

So it seems certain ships have more trouble with the app (or their wi-fi) than others.

Edited by bguppies
  • Like 1

On 1/3/2023 at 1:15 PM, shof515 said:

Glad to know, it wasn't just me. Elegant night was showing a day early on the MG in October.