Apex Martini Bar - only small size martinis?

Cruise Gopher

On 1/15/2023 at 9:45 AM, seatrial said:

This is part of the Martini Bar menu that I see in the app for 3/5 Beyond sailing. I am assuming the pricing is for small versus large martinis, maybe?

A66B76E1-15B4-41E6-89DB-63D8D09B7B51.png

I just checked the app for the Martini Bar menu for my upcoming cruise on Infinity. It doesn't show these martinis, but does show the old Martini Bar menu with martinis priced at $15. The 25th Anniversary martini is $18. 

5 hours ago, terrydtx said:

At that time any drinks over the $11 limit would cost you the full price, in September HAL changed that to you only pay the difference plus 18% tips.

I have a MSC cruise booked, and I upgraded to the premium package. They charge full price if you go over the limit.

They were small on beyond a couple of months ago but they were all covered by drink package. MSc used have a super premium package that included everything they sold by the glass including Johnny Walker Blue and XO cognac, really enjoyed that cruise. 

1 minute ago, Cruise Gopher said:

Well I finally got my large martini….in this obnoxious margarita glass. 

1248BA27-A265-4E73-BF01-844D3942E71B.thumb.jpeg.bdcff21caa3fc1d79bc71b96391579e7.jpeg

Woot woot finally the good life returns!  I’d probably snag the glass for a just in case back up.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Arizona Wildcat said:

Hey - let's not put down Margaritas.  Ok?

Margaritas are great! But Martinis should not be served in glasses like these. 

But it served the purpose and avoided me having to immediately order another martini because the glass size was adequate. 

• Like 1

On 1/14/2023 at 6:51 PM, SFCAcruiser said:

Seems to be a good question to ask the bartender. They use the smaller glasses for the free Elite cocktail hour, so perhaps bartender was confused? 

That’s a very interesting premise.  We went once to the Martini bar on Equinox last week, ordered from the waiter, and received the smallest glass, with the smallest olives I’d ever seen. The olives were inedible. We’d ordered Grey Goose with our premium package but I’m certain that’s not what we got.  It was closer to 8pm than 7pm but your explanation makes sense.  First time I didn’t finish a martini. EVER.  Skipped that bar for rest of cruise unlike cruise on Edge last spring with wonderful martinis every night. 

• 11 months later...

I was on Silhouette last February, had the premium package, and was served my martini in a large glass!  Of course, if they do serve your martini in a small glass, just order two!  And CG, drinking a martini from a margarita glass is a sacrilege!

Elvis

1 hour ago, CruiseRQA said:

My wife always orders her Martini or Margarita in a "rocks" glass.  Tougher to get knocked over. 

Also easier to carry to the theater, dinner or anywhere else.

On 1/16/2023 at 8:51 AM, chamima said:

5C22DC7C-2534-466F-9D51-3652C03685E8.thumb.png.d32170dea38442765f76911480034d14.png

This is the menu from the February Equinox Martini Bar.

Does the $16 for the 25th Anniversary martini mean anything? I thought that one was only available in the large glasses.

That is a very old menu they quit making Grey Goose VX at least 4 years ago.  

I am a pretty stout drinker but 2 large Martinis before dinner is about all i can handle and be a companion with the Mrs.  That being said. I like the larger glasses. 

So question. With all drink packages. Are gratuities already included or has something changed?

Meaning once it’s paid. Will you see added gratuities or not?  On Apex in 2 weeks with a premium package. 

Thanks. 

1 minute ago, tomcruiser1234 said:

I am a pretty stout drinker but 2 large Martinis before dinner is about all i can handle and be a companion with the Mrs.  That being said. I like the larger glasses. 

So question. With all drink packages. Are gratuities already included or has something changed?

Meaning once it’s paid. Will you see added gratuities or not?  On Apex in 2 weeks with a premium package. 

Thanks. 

Gratuities are included..no extra charge if under $17, I think that is the current limit for premium.

9 minutes ago, tomcruiser1234 said:

Thanks. 

7 minutes ago, PTC DAWG said:

Gratuities are included..no extra charge if under $17, I think that is the current limit for premium.

@PTC DAWG - Have you sailed with a new package since Celebrity  removed the gratuities from the "all-inclusive" (and I use those quotation marks intentionally since it's really NOT anymore) package ?

I know that on NCL gratuities are added on even if a person has a drink package - so wondering if this new thing with Celebrity will do the same.

10 minutes ago, chamima said:

@PTC DAWG - Have you sailed with a new package since Celebrity  removed the gratuities from the "all-inclusive" (and I use those quotation marks intentionally since it's really NOT anymore) package ?

I know that on NCL gratuities are added on even if a person has a drink package - so wondering if this new thing with Celebrity will do the same.

The room service charges and drink gratuities are different things…

Celebrity, all I want is Evian water for my premium package; I can’t even get that except in a huge glass bottle.  The Retreat doesn’t even carry it in the lounge.  However, those plastic bottles are plentiful all over the ship.  I am specifically speaking about my three cruises on Beyond last year.  Why is this such an issue, unless it is just pure and simple cost-cutting?  Some of us are almost non-drinkers, but do want our specialty water.  I would love to hear the answer, but sadly it most likely will not happen!   I asked so many of the crew onboard and not one person could answer that a question for me...not one!

Edited by Lastdance

• 2 months later...