Anyone notice Diamond Benefits have gone down?

dshroyer

22 minutes ago, cellfree said:

Just off Mera - did a B2B - got Champagne and ‘Macarons’ and Butchers Cut dinner on both bookings. Had a Diamond gathering on seven night booking but there was not one on four night booking. 

Did not hear anything about changes in levels. 

That's good to hear--esp about the Diamond gathering. On our European cruises last May, they still weren't having the get-togethers. We did get the Prosecco, maybe some chocolates and our 9th-12th MSC gym bags (two of us on two cruises that time). We never got notification of the free dinner but the restaurant, apparently, had what they needed. In fact, many of us (according to the VC person onboard) weren't even given our correct tiers when we checked in. That took a couple of days. I wondered why our cards we blue???????

On 1/18/2023 at 12:28 PM, dexddd said:

Since 2017 always been sparkling wine for us.  They should add laundry perk.

Strange one is cake for birthday.  What is the chance and who cares.

I managed to get the cake once, but it was just two of us and a big cake. We didn't even touch it, and after carrying it around the ship for a while, I gave it to some crew members who probably tossed it. If it ever happens again I'll ask the head waiter to find some family that's celebrating something that week and give them a cake.

Or I'll pack a cake box in my luggage and some ice packs.

Laundry would be nice!

• Like 1

On 1/18/2023 at 5:28 AM, dexddd said:

Since 2017 always been sparkling wine for us.  They should add laundry perk.

Strange one is cake for birthday.  What is the chance and who cares.

A laundry perk, like they do on Celebrity, would be a great.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Beamafar said:

We got a “thank you” cake for having done 10 cruises with MSC.  When I pointed out that we were on our 20th they asked if we’d like another. 🤣🤣

We have done 10 but no offers of a cake ... 😟

On 1/17/2023 at 6:19 PM, itp said:

Just off Meraviglia, diamond perks were Specialty Dinner (so happy that is still there!), bottle of Prosecco, macarons, four wrapped filled chocolates, priority boarding/disembarkation, invites to diamond party and another for all levels (we did not attend either), there were probably some discounts or a few other items that we did not use.  I was disappointed to not get the chocolate ships but did enjoy the things that we received.

We got status matched to Diamond on our upcoming cruise . We have sailed with them before but the benefits are new to us. How did you set the free specialty dinner reservation ? We do not need fancy so Procsecco and macaroons are fine with us.

33 minutes ago, jinpasco said:

We got status matched to Diamond on our upcoming cruise . We have sailed with them before but the benefits are new to us. How did you set the free specialty dinner reservation ? We do not need fancy so Procsecco and macaroons are fine with us.

The speciality restaurants will have your entitlement on their system.  You just need to make a reservation when onboard. 

• Thanks 1

I'm sure every couple of years an MSC rep mentions the possibility of another tier to pique everyone's interest and then it goes away again. 

It's been on repeat for a while and my hopes aren't high. 

Great to have you back Bea 😀 Hope you and Mr B are both well. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, CruisingFox27 said:

I'm sure every couple of years an MSC rep mentions the possibility of another tier to pique everyone's interest and then it goes away again. 

2015 is the earliest I can recall mention of the Holy Grail.

• Like 2

Status matches are always a trade-off. The "good" thing about MSC's is that their whole program is still built on "What have you done for me lately?" If you don't cruise for 2 years, you're back to zero. This got extended during the plague, and there's some pent-up demand, so at the moment, there is a glut of status folks, but, that will even out as the ones who got the match to try it and didn't like it, or just on a whim "because they can", stop cruising (or don't end up taking one at all) on MSC.

• Like 1

On 1/21/2023 at 12:14 AM, CruisingFox27 said:

Hi Foxy.  Cheers. 😘

Turns out Mr B had a blocked artery when we were on Mera that we didn’t know about which was why he wasn’t feeling great. Had a stent inserted the following March, then immediately diagnosed with cancer.  The op had to be delayed due to the heart meds, but they managed to do him the following Christmas.  So, for us, 2020 wasn’t about Covid. 🙄  Thankfully he’s right as rain, now, and in rude good health.   Him getting ill on Seaview a few weeks before Mera turned out to be a blessing in disguise (cos he had to attend his GP). He’d given up smoking immediately after that, which helped!

• Like 3

4 hours ago, WoodyWindy said:

Status matches are always a trade-off. The "good" thing about MSC's is that their whole program is still built on "What have you done for me lately?" If you don't cruise for 2 years, you're back to zero. This got extended during the plague, and there's some pent-up demand, so at the moment, there is a glut of status folks, but, that will even out as the ones who got the match to try it and didn't like it, or just on a whim "because they can", stop cruising (or don't end up taking one at all) on MSC.

Or maybe if they get bumped because they did not cruise in the last two years, they can apply again for the status match 😫. Anyhow with diminishing perks is not really worth it.

Ivi

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, travelberlin said:

Or maybe if they get bumped because they did not cruise in the last two years, they can apply again for the status match 😫. Anyhow with diminishing perks is not really worth it.

Ivi

It is 3 years not 2.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, travelberlin said:

Ivi

I asked and they are not allowing status match if you have already done it. Nor are they allowing further extensions. We were in a situation where we had 3 cruises canceled by MSC during the pandemic, and due to COVID regulations were unable to sail until recently. I was worried that our status would expire at the end of last year.

However, they told me of a loophole that if I booked by the end of 2022, they'd extend it to December 31, 2023. We booked for June, 2023, and the extension happened (our booking says Diamond, and I have email from Voyagers Club confirming the extension). When we sail this June, our 3 years will reset.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Beamafar said:

.....Turns out Mr B had a blocked artery when we were on Mera that we didn’t know about which was why he wasn’t feeling great. Had a stent inserted the following March, then immediately diagnosed with cancer.  The op had to be delayed due to the heart meds, but they managed to do him the following Christmas.  So, for us, 2020 wasn’t about Covid. 🙄  Thankfully he’s right as rain, now, and in rude good health....

Sorry to hear that, no wonder you've been quiet on these boards, but delighted to read that he's now in rude good health! 😊

I was on Divina in November, and got what is likely my last chocolate ship. It was a bit stale, but still good. In December on the Meraviglia I got some excellent chocolates that I actually preferred to the ships, which are difficult to break up. However I noticed the passengers after us were getting the 1.5oz dark chocolate bar like I got last year on the Poesia. It was fun while it lasted, just like when being a 5 star member on HAL was worth something!

I just got off the Divina January 16-20, 2023.  Got matched to diamond from Princess elite. I had the fastest embarkation ever in Miami and in the room I had a chocolate,  plate of macaroons and bottle of Prosecco.  I also took advantage did the Butcher’s cut free $59 dinner. I can’t complain at all for the freebies.  Thank you MSC! ❤️

A11449F3-2497-4D09-B47D-952637A26D60.jpeg

092B3088-824E-4B88-83D7-F9F3069962B4.jpeg

12F449AE-BED4-476C-B8C7-C38166E53FA2.jpeg

D265AFA0-F124-4E1A-ACE7-FE18107AE5BB.jpeg

• Like 1

Every Cruise Line is cutting back all benefits in all areas across the board. Maximizing revenue. NCL, Celebrity (alot), Princess, HAL, etc. They’re focusing on new cruisers for the money grab during this unique time with this temporary (in my view that is) high demand from new vacationers. We the loyalists getting the kick in the head during this time period. When the pendulum comes back the other way and they need us we will see what they do. 

• Like 1

Just my luck.

The child in me always wanted the chocolate ship but just as we achieved Diamond status it changed for the little bar.

We enjoyed very much though the macaroons and prosecco  one afternoon on the balcony.

On top of that the free speciality dinner and priority embarkation still makes it a worthwhile achievement.

1 hour ago, EMc&DrS said:

Is Butcher's Cut the only specialty restaurant on Seascape where you can claim your free dinner as a diamond member, or are there other choices?

Yes.  Besides Butcher’s Cut, you can go to Ocean Cay restaurant, as well as HOLA!.  Not sure if there is a dining experience menu at Kaito's, like there is on Meraviglia and earlier Seaside-class ships, since they have a dedicated teppanyaki, and the sushi restaurant uses a conveyor belt.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, rool said:

Just my luck.

The child in me always wanted the chocolate ship but just as we achieved Diamond status it changed for the little bar.

We enjoyed very much though the macaroons and prosecco  one afternoon on the balcony.

On top of that the free speciality dinner and priority embarkation still makes it a worthwhile achievement.

Similar thing happened to us,  reached Black and MSC dropped the Loyalty club which gave 20% off future cruises and brought in the Voyagers club with just 5% for almost everyone.