Luminae Menu cutbacks?

Cruising Princess

I haven't dined in Luminae since 2016. I am on Beyond 3/5. I'm looking forward to trying it again. One thing I've noticed about the menu is a lack of salads in the Appetizer selections for the dinner menus. Maybe predinner salads just aren't in vogue these days.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, seatrial said:

I haven't dined in Luminae since 2016. I am on Beyond 3/5. I'm looking forward to trying it again. One thing I've noticed about the menu is a lack of salads in the Appetizer selections for the dinner menus. Maybe predinner salads just aren't in vogue these days.

Caesar salad is available every night. I've ordered it most nights.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Moochi said:

Our upcoming March sailing on Beyond, for embarkation lunch, there are chicken, chicken, halibut, veggie ravioli, Luminae burger, and Cobb salad. That’s very sad. No steak, or terrible lobster roll, or crab cake sammich 

It looks like Branzino is no longer on the embarkation lunch and has been replaced by Halibut. Not a fan of Halibut but last year the Branzino was excellent on the Reflection Luminae. 

1 hour ago, RichYak said:

Caesar salad is available every night. I've ordered it most nights.

I hope the French Onion soup is still available, last year when were not too hungry for dinner we had bowls of the FOS delivered to our cabin. It is by far the best FOS on any cruise line.

3 minutes ago, terrydtx said:

I hope the French Onion soup is still available, last year when were not too hungry for dinner we had bowls of the FOS delivered to our cabin. It is by far the best FOS on any cruise line.

From what I read earlier today it’s still available. Otherwise my husband will be whinny because he will have to order two steaks, one for app and one for entree 

• Haha 1

Guest 4-2-N-8
On 1/19/2023 at 6:45 AM, sptrout said:

For our 1/29 Beyond sailing, rack of lamb shows on Day 6. Loin on day 3. 

With all the apparent changes going on, I’m not sure the app is accurate, we will soon see. 

mac_tlc

Last week on the Beyond we had both types of lamb mentioned.

Will be on same sailing.

Expect to try Luminae for dinner one night, which is the night they show rack of lamb. D-LICIOUS!

All other evenings have booked specialties.

Hopefully, the app depicts accurate menus for evenings.

On 1/19/2023 at 1:31 AM, TeeRick said:

I'm on Equinox starting this weekend for 9 nights and I will report back here about Luminae.

OMG, if you could find the time to post a couple of photos of the buffet at night too, that would be appreciated.  I’ve just booked our first Celebrity cruise for March and then found out that the buffet is supposedly 80% reduced for dinner and looks ghastly.  I am a reformed vego who is very picky about meat and also lived in Asia for years so I don’t really like the predominantly Western food in the MDR.  In the buffet I can put together a plate that suits me, usually (on other lines anyway).  Now I’m sort of dreading this cruise, which is unfortunate.  I would love to see what’s actually there.  Enjoy your cruise: as you can access Luminae I’m sure you will.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, lahore said:

OMG, if you could find the time to post a couple of photos of the buffet at night too, that would be appreciated.  I’ve just booked our first Celebrity cruise for March and then found out that the buffet is supposedly 80% reduced for dinner and looks ghastly.  I am a reformed vego who is very picky about meat and also lived in Asia for years so I don’t really like the predominantly Western food in the MDR.  In the buffet I can put together a plate that suits me, usually (on other lines anyway).  Now I’m sort of dreading this cruise, which is unfortunate.  I would love to see what’s actually there.  Enjoy your cruise: as you can access Luminae I’m sure you will.

Are you on Equinox?  Things on this buffet issue might change by March if the feedback to Celebrity continues to be very negative.  We are boarding today.

10 hours ago, terrydtx said:

On the Beyond last week I saw it served, but it was never on the menu. Same for Escargot, not on the menu but was available when my DW asked for it and then another night it was served in addition to what she ordered.  We had an excellent waitress.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, terrydtx said:

I would like to see the Daniel Boulud dishes change after the same thing for 3 years. Tried the Moroccan chicken twice on two ships and it is not good at all.

I’ve never heard a positive review of that Boulud chicken dish. Why is it still on the menu?

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, thebutlerdidit said:

I’ve never heard a positive review of that Boulud chicken dish. Why is it still on the menu?

I have said the same, Chef Boulud should make sure it is changed or have X take his name off the dish. If this is a signature recipe from his restaurants, I would never waste my time eating there. Both times I tried it, it was so very dried out and tasteless, first on the Equinox in 2021, I asked our waiter about the dish, and he told me it gets more complaints of any Luminae menu item. I then read a few positive reviews and tried it on the Reflection last year and it was no better than on the Equinox. Now I will not try it again and I see it is still on the menu in my app for both of our cruises this year. If Celebrity really wants to save money in Luminae discontinue the Boulud menu, I heard Celebrity pays a royalty fee to Boulud for using his name and the dish.

Edited by terrydtx
  • Like 2

We have not tried the Boulud Chicken mainly based on many negative comments on CC. However, we did go to Le Vogage last week and it was outstanding, The food was great and the service was over the top. We lost track how many servers and others stopped at our table to make sure that evergthing was great. 

Funny thing though at Le Voyage they excepted our request to use wines from our Premium Package, no arugment, At Eden they were very insistant that we buy wine from their wine list (by the bottle with 20% discount). They may have relented, but we got tired of aruging and just bought ta low cost bottle on their wine list. We drink wine on osscasion, but cannot tell the difference detween a $25 bottle and a $100 bottle. 

Bottomeline, it costs condsierable less to dine at Le Voyage than it did at Eden. No comparsion between the food and service; Le Voyage won handsdown. We will be in Le Voyage during our next Beyoud cruise.

I just returned from Beyond last weekend. The food in Luminae was very good to excellent. All of the classic dishes from the MDR were available as well. The Boulud chicken was replaced with duck confit which was very good. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

2 minutes ago, sptrout said:

We have not tried the Boulud Chicken mainly based on many negative comments on CC. However, we did go to Le Vogage last week and it was outstanding, The food was great and the service was over the top. We lost track how many servers and others stopped at our table to make sure that evergthing was great. 

Funny thing though at Le Voyage they excepted our request to use wines from our Premium Package, no arugment, At Eden they were very insistant that we buy wine from their wine list (by the bottle with 20% discount). They may have relented, but we got tired of aruging and just bought ta low cost bottle on their wine list. We drink wine on osscasion, but cannot tell the difference detween a $25 bottle and a $100 bottle. 

Bottomeline, it costs condsierable less to dine at Le Voyage than it did at Eden. No comparsion between the food and service; Le Voyage won handsdown. We will be in Le Voyage during our next Beyoud cruise.

based on many negative comments on CC.  Good lord if I based what I was or was not going to do based on this, I'd probably never leave my damn cabin.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Treasure Hunter said:

On the Edge now. Secret always available includes: French onion soup, escargot, Caesar salad, a regular salad, steamed vegetables, baked potato, salmon, chicken breast and an awful NY strip steak that is brown/grey skinny . Also secret ice cream with chocolate sauce. 

What about creme brulee is it gone?

1 hour ago, terrydtx said:

I would like to see the Daniel Boulud dishes change after the same thing for 3 years. Tried the Moroccan chicken twice on two ships and it is not good at all.

The signature dishes will be changed for my March sailing, based on the menu on the app.  Will order and report back. Duck sounds so much better than chicken.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, LGW59 said:

based on many negative comments on CC.  Good lord if I based what I was or was not going to do based on this, I'd probably never leave my damn cabin.

Agreed, but the Boulud feature never looked good to us so reading CC had no effect on our non-choice.

• Like 1