Live from World Europa

little britain

LauraS
This post was recognized by LauraS!

"Thanks for generously sharing your time at sea with everyone at Cruise Critic!"

little britain was awarded the badge '"Live from...."'

I’ve never gone a “live” before but as there is do little info on this new ship I thought I’d try. 
We are experienced cruisers - Pinnacle members on RCI and Black/diamond members in MSC. This will be our 6th MSC cruise and our first in YC. 
We have cruised out of Dubai 5 times on RCI so know the ports well. However as RCI seem to have abandoned the Dubai winter sun itineraries, it was time to jump ship!

We booked the day she went on sale with no real knowledge of deck plans and best locations.
We are in a YC1 cabin on deck 16 and on this ship YC is spread over 7 levels, lounge/bar on 19 with outside seating; restaurant 20; outside terrace and grill ; and up on deck 22 is the pool/sunlounger area. 

We flew into Dubai 2 days early to stay with friends. We caught an Uber Tesla (!) to the port where there was a small area for YC luggage drop off. We didn’t spot that until we had already dropped off the cases but we were assured it wouldn’t make much difference! 
There was a separate area for checkin and then we were led on board in a group of 12. Past the other guests, across the staff corridor area to another set of lifts… not a very salubrious start!! 
Up to the TS lounge where we were asked our dining preferences then led to our cabin where we met our butler. 

Edited by little britain
  • Like 7

38 minutes ago, cruising.mark.uk said:

Thanks for reporting.  We'll be following - huge fans of the YC product overall and keen to hear how it is on World Europa.

Your cabin looks great.  Is that a curtain partition between the sleeping area and the lounge?

No, it’s just wooden decorative posts. 

• Like 1

Thank you for taking the time to post. Definitely interested in World Europa. We're also big fans of the YC product. I haven't really done any research at all on this ship and am already a little confused. For some reason I thought the entire ship had YC type staterooms, that it would be competing with Regent and Oceana, so a little confused to see that you're in the YC.

What makes World Europa different from other MSC ships?

25 minutes ago, jules815 said:

Thank you for taking the time to post. Definitely interested in World Europa. We're also big fans of the YC product. I haven't really done any research at all on this ship and am already a little confused. For some reason I thought the entire ship had YC type staterooms, that it would be competing with Regent and Oceana, so a little confused to see that you're in the YC.

What makes World Europa different from other MSC ships?

The new Explora product is their all suite small ship product. 
WE is the newest and the biggest ! 

• Like 1

Muster was a bit confusing ( for us!). We are used to watching the safety video anything then just swinging past our muster any time in the next few hours.  We had watched the video and were on the way to our muster station when the announcement came for everyone to get back to their cabins. Then we had up watch the video again, then we had to dial a number; then there was a throng as everyone onboard went to find their muster at the same time.

Process could be slicker and less time constrained I think. 

There are a many diverse nationalities including a lot of Russians on board. 

Now time for a g&t… 

• Like 4

Looking forward to your thoughts on World Europa and thank you for taking the time to post live from your holiday. She looks stunning in the pictures you have shared so far. I have booked on WE for November this year albeit not in YC (although would consider a bid if invited). Do you have a feeling for how full the sailing is?

There are 3 theatres… you can only book the shows the evening prior.. you snooze you loose! 
On our first night was Eko which was billed as being from all recycled materials- we didn’t get any sense of that..  it looked more like the pearly king and queens met the army…

23986D3D-4F2B-4398-AA78-875FD76D8307.jpeg

Edited by little britain
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Hi LB. Thanks a mil for doing this report.  We’re in Aurea in March and looking forward to reading about your overall experience onboard (though, of course YC is a whole different level of fantasticness 😁).  Hope you have a fantabulous cruise. 

• Like 4

Woo Hoo “Little Britain “ is on Europa. Looking forward to hearing everything about this new ship. Currently top of my list of questions is which bars are excluded from Easy Plus and Premium drinks? Jean Phillips definitely is, no Venchi, is the coffee lounge Lavazza? What about Raj Polo tea room? Also the juice, gin and champagne bars? Any others excluded?

14 hours ago, little britain said:

the garden restaurant 

Wow, these prices are pretty high. I guess the Dining Experience cannot be used with Diamond/Black. 

Great to finally know the Dammam procedure in black and white. So I guess it is best to prepare absolutely nothing and then book the 22 USD visa when getting the letter above. 

12 hours ago, Two Wheels Only said:

I'm going to book World America but I'm waiting for a bit more information on some of the YC staterooms (particularly the balconies).

Thanks for the YC1 pics. I'm waiting for YC3 and YJD pics/info before I book.

The YC1 balcony is very narrow- only 2 chairs, no loungers or even a table. Disappointing 

F600E145-4F98-4AE7-947B-D855369E1A9B.jpeg