​⛴️​ LIVE from Allure ​🎠​ out of Galveston - Ozark_Kid and brillohead team up for a duo-thread: Jan 22, 2023

26 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

It took all of about 5 minutes before someone else approached them and asked if they wouldn't mind going out to Central Park to take a group picture.  Really?  I felt bad enough interrupting them but asking them to get up from their dinner table to take a picture?  They politely agreed.  Unfortunately, things like that must happen to them all the time.  Local celebrities in a contained space. 

That is INCREDIBLY ballsy... and RUDE!  

The staff have to pay for their meals in the specialty restaurants (a reduced price, but they are paying out of their own pocket regardless).  If they were going to interrupt their meal, they should have offered to at least PAY for it!

• Like 8

I'm headed off to Park Cafe for my Sea Day Salad.  I'll wait for @Ozark_Kid to post his skating pics and videos before I post mine -- his camera will have done a WAY better job than mine, I'm sure, plus his internet is way faster than mine is now that he's home!

But I have a few good clips that I'll probably end up posting, too.  

• Like 3

15 hours ago, Fontaid said:

@Ozark_KidHmmm... The Quest is held while at sea, so who would have jurisdiction for such a "crime"? I will say that @brillohead Deb has never said what she's been reading on her Kindle - perhaps last week's review of The Quest? Or perhaps she's writing a steamy novel about The Quest. That would make her musings posted here professional - particularly if she asked us to review them and give her feedback on her "draft." That would make a great legal defense. She also could write off her cruise expenses as "business expenses." She said she slept through last week's show, but do we really know that she did? Hey, if you're doing a B3B, it pays to be creative to reduce your overall costs and generate some publicity and intrigue about a previously unannounced upcoming novel. Who knows? She might even give us signed copies of her new novel. 🤣

With a post like that, I think YOU are the Creative Writer... 

I thought it was so funny, I had warned my MDR neighbors about the inappropriate nature of The Quest, and neither of them are prudes (both have military experience, plus one worked healthcare for a while) and they said that by the end they were getting uncomfortable!  LOL  

Hopefully this week's show will live up to the hype.

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

We sat next to 8 members of the Mama Mia cast in Giovanni's.  They were all dressed up and enjoying a night off together.  The guy who played Sam was a dead ringer for my wife's nephew.  I mean, true doppelganger.  So of course I had to approach them with this info.  I told them how much we enjoyed the show and that Sam looks just like our nephew.  They had those polite smiles on their faces that said, "sure...please just leave us alone".  I showed them a picture and their expressions quickly changed when they saw exactly how close they matched.  I then sat down and left them alone.

It took all of about 5 minutes before someone else approached them and asked if they wouldn't mind going out to Central Park to take a group picture.  Really?  I felt bad enough interrupting them but asking them to get up from their dinner table to take a picture?  They politely agreed.  Unfortunately, things like that must happen to them all the time.  Local celebrities in a contained space.  

About a dozen years ago we did a Princess cruise out of Brooklyn, it was us with my mother in law, both huge Doug Flutie fans , during dinner the first night I told then Doug Flutie was at the table behind them , they both called me a liar , then slowly turned at confirmed it was he. We saw him every day at dinner and around the ship , didn’t want to bug him , on last night he got up and walked around and we get to talk to him and got a picture of him with my wife .even before this her mother bought a autographed jersey of his. I have ran across several celebrity over the years on ships . 

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, brillohead said:

I thought it was so funny, I had warned my MDR neighbors about the inappropriate nature of The Quest, and neither of them are prudes (both have military experience, plus one worked healthcare for a while) and they said that by the end they were getting uncomfortable!  LOL  

I agree. We've never considered Quest offensive and hope it never becomes politically correct. 

Edited by davekathy
  • Like 3

22 minutes ago, brillohead said:

I was pretty sure, and just confirmed, that you and I were on the same Freedom sailing in 2015.  Your section won The Quest thanks to a "wardrobe malfunction" from a guy named Jerry, according to your reply in my review.  It is still one of the best...maybe THE best...Quest's that I've seen.  I was laughing so hard that I was crying.  The same woman donated both her bra and her false teeth at various points.  That's commitment to winning.

• Haha 8

2 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

I was pretty sure, and just confirmed, that you and I were on the same Freedom sailing in 2015.  Your section won The Quest thanks to a "wardrobe malfunction" from a guy named Jerry, according to your reply in my review.  It is still one of the best...maybe THE best...Quest's that I've seen.  I was laughing so hard that I was crying.  The same woman donated both her bra and her false teeth at various points.  That's commitment to winning.

Yep, Jerry helped us get to victory again on Mariner in September 2019 when we were on for the Poole Party Wedding at Coco Cay.  He's a character and a half!!!

I was just recently LOLing on FB with his wife, because in the Mariner Quest when the man and woman had to switch into each other's clothing, the very young lady that was partnered up with him for spokesperson duties was wearing a romper (one-piece shirt and shorts outfit), and Jerry didn't pay attention to how to get in/out of it, so he ended up putting the whole thing over his head via a leg hole, so instead of one leg in each leg hole, he was wearing it like a (very tight) mini-dress with the other leg of the outfit just flapping in the breeze!  

I have NEVER cruised with anyone from that particular group of friends where our section hasn't won The Quest (and not from cheating, but just from full-out participation from everyone involved).  

• Like 3

23 hours ago, brillohead said:

Several pages ago, someone was asking about the appetizers in the Diamond Lounge. 

I stopped by tonight and took some pictures:

IMG_20230129_165809722.thumb.jpg.870654d17ef2973b48211fdf39ae8b79.jpg

IMG_20230129_165821955.thumb.jpg.46b273a99355f231295a3bdd85a593de.jpg

IMG_20230129_165850886.thumb.jpg.faf0e683d6a79737f4b17ee9ca8b67c7.jpg

IMG_20230129_165903514.thumb.jpg.6306aef2d55e49470ade478ccae1dc00.jpg

what time are the hots usually out there?

So I went off to Park Cafe for my Sea Day Substitute for Tutti Salad..... AND THEY CHANGED THE MENU!!!!!

No more spinach, no more onion, no more carrot, no more chicken, no more ham, no more corn, and no more bleu cheese dressing!

Here's my sad little salad. It's so depressing!

IMG_20230130_141148070.thumb.jpg.c2bf8d64f3ee145bd6544a5e911ee983.jpg

So I went up to the 'Jammer to see if they offered all the fixin's for salads, and this was all they had there:

IMG_20230130_145028757.thumb.jpg.fe10ad386463b7961bcc981ded4be369.jpg

And only THREE dressings available in the 'Jammer:

IMG_20230130_145036108.thumb.jpg.f15a744a0ddb9a09172b33a2ff3c7f58.jpg

Downright PATHETIC!

So I had to go to the Schooner Bar and get a Lime & Coconut (or two!)

to soothe my soul:

IMG_20230130_151257505.thumb.jpg.5001ee494080cbb70de6f44682fbc3a0.jpg

While I was at the Schooner Bar, they told me the magnetic strip wasn't working on my card (AGAIN!), so I had to stop down at Guest Services to get a new card printed. 

I go back up to my room, insert my card in the door, and RED LIGHT OF DOOM!

Seriously, you have GOT to be kidding me!!!!!  I tried it on the Diamond Lounge (which is just around the corner from my room) and it worked there, so I went back to my room to try again (and again and again).  No dice.

*sigh*

Back down to Guest Services (again), and they call for a carpenter (again) to come up and fix my door (again).  If I didn't have bad luck, I wouldn't have any luck at all!!!

So I go back to my room's hallway and wait.  And wait.  And now I have to pee.... so back around the corner to the Diamond Lounge's restroom to take care of business.  Back to my hallway to wait some more.  At least it's not as creepy to hang out in the hallway as people walk by at 4pm as it is after midnight!

Carpenter finally shows up and lets me in my room.  I need another drink, but I think I'll just have a cookie instead! 

• Like 15

Here are the Monopoly pics..!   I didn't take many since I just took some a few months ago.  I recognized a few of the main skaters from October.  It all just seemed smoother this time.  

20230125_190302.thumb.jpg.58c259a123f8adda0214f10b35929929.jpg

20230125_190544.thumb.jpg.65cccf8ec906983892e34368cbfa72ca.jpg

And some here know that when you play Monopoly on CC you risk...... 

VideoCapture_20230130-162213.thumb.jpg.fe3862c18f850c77680f27f5edd694aa.jpg

I have heard a simple pic of a cookie cutter can get you jail time! 

There are different themes tied to the ship... 

20230125_194306.thumb.jpg.d2e9cab3762a0bfb07d2a06bfc2bcfbf.jpg

20230125_190733.thumb.jpg.e30350b6496156d9c8d9ea8d64535d7d.jpg

Many times I have heard many ask what to wear to SRs and formal night.  They show here what to wear to Giovanni's. 

20230125_190824.thumb.jpg.1059996c0cc9cb5ca3c6345b53cc65c4.jpg

A couple of videos coming next. 

• Like 7
  • Haha 3

17 minutes ago, LATTELOVE said:

Since this is your 3rd time (back to back )

on Alure,

Does it get boring doing and seeing the 

same stuff.

Not at all.  I adore snorkeling -- I literally snorkeled FIVE HOURS last time in Roatan!  It's always different, even if I've seen that species of fish before.  

And Maya Chan is like "coming home" to me at this point.  I get hugs from all the staff, I get to love on all the doggos and kitties, and the food is marvelous.  

Cozumel I have a variety of places that I go to for either a beach day, a pool day, or a snorkeling day.... or even just a shopping adventure to the Mega store to pick up some stuff for my room attendant. 

And it NEVER gets boring on a ship.... last night, walking into the MDR for late seating, I saw two people wearing BED SHEETS AS TOGAS.   Definitely have never seen THAT on a ship before!

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

35 minutes ago, brillohead said:

Cozumel I have a variety of places that I go to for either a beach day, a pool day, or a snorkeling day.... or even just a shopping adventure to the Mega store to pick up some stuff for my room attendant. 

And it NEVER gets boring on a ship.... last night, walking into the MDR for late seating, I saw two people wearing BED SHEETS AS TOGAS.   Definitely have never seen THAT on a ship before!

What's the Mega store? Is it like our Walmart?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, brillohead said:

I am a retired engineer... most definitely not a creative writer, but thanks.

I do love a great laugh... even better when it's to the point of making me cry. I normally like to find the humor in a situation and not make fun of someone, but in this case I might have to make an exception.

Hopefully this week's show lives up to the hype... and even more than that when we cruise in May. Since we're not on a B2B or B3B, I'll definitely set an alarm so I do not sleep through The Quest. That could ruin my cruise! 🤣

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

And here is the Hola hoop skater.  I have enjoyed the ring performance before but the one doing the ring in October was off. 

If I tried that, you would find me in Medical waiting for a welder and a pipefitter to cut the hoops off of me before the doctor could treat me for all my broken bones.... 🤣 I sure hope he's an orthopedist....

• Haha 3

I'm I was able to download 1 video off the GoPro Brillo used at Roatan.  There are a bunch and I hope we can share more later.  The original is to large a file to load here so I down graded it from a 4k to a 720.  It should still look good on at least a phone.  Hopefully we can find someone @Sea Dog that can edit them and share on YouTube at a higher resolution.

• Like 4