looks like Marina's refurb is 5/24

shepherd really

47 minutes ago, shepherd really said:

Marina now has a gap in it's schedule from April 30-May 31, 2024.

How nice of Oceania to cancel cruises before announcing why.

Are you booked on one in that time frame?

Did you not get  a notice ?

People were complaining that Marina is fired and needs a refit.

now people complain that cruises are cancelled during the dry dock.

My understanding is that a ship cannot sail and be in a dry dock at the same time. Am I missing something?

Really cannot please everyone..

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

3 minutes ago, ak1004 said:

People were complaining that Marina is fired and needs a refit.

now people complain that cruises are cancelled during the dry dock.

My understanding is that a ship cannot sail and be in a dry dock at the same time. Am I missing something?

Really cannot please everyone..

No, I'm are complaining because they cancelled the original schedule for the "reimagining" and one of the reasons I booked on Marina in 2/2024 was because I was told by this company they were refurbishing the ship in November '23.   

So yes, you are missing something.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I am in a group that was planning on joining the ship on the May 18th cruise.  The TA for the group was just told this morning of the cancellation.  The email from Oceania did not state a reason for the cancellation.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, shepherd really said:

No, I'm are complaining because they cancelled the original schedule for the "reimagining" and one of the reasons I booked on Marina in 2/2024 was because I was told by this company they were refurbishing the ship in November '23.   

So yes, you are missing something.

so you are suggesting they don’t do the refit? Or they keep sailing while doing the refit? Not sure what’s your solution. Do you have any, or it’s just pure whining?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 6

5 minutes ago, ak1004 said:

so you are suggesting they don’t do the refit? Or they keep sailing while doing the refit? Not sure what’s your solution. Do you have any, or it’s just pure whining?

I'm suggesting that Oceania shouldn't engage in falsely telling people their tired 12 year old ship is being refurbished to sell space on a tired old ship that needs a major refurbishment.  If you are unable to comprehend that, too bad.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

18 minutes ago, shepherd really said:

I'm suggesting that Oceania shouldn't engage in falsely telling people their tired 12 year old ship is being refurbished to sell space on a tired old ship that needs a major refurbishment.  If you are unable to comprehend that, too bad.

But now it’s going to be refurbished, but you are still not happy.. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, shepherd really said:

Do you suggest that they announce the refurb dates then cancel the cruises?  

1 minute ago, ak1004 said:

But now it’s going to be refurbished, but you are still not happy.. 

You aren't getting this simple concept.  

3 minutes ago, KS&JW said:

Do you suggest that they announce the refurb dates then cancel the cruises?  

I suggest that they shouldn't engage in a bait and switch.  I booked on a ship that was supposed to be freshly refurbished prior to my cruise, they are no longer delivering the product I booked.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, shepherd really said:

I suggest that they shouldn't engage in a bait and switch.  I booked on a ship that was supposed to be freshly refurbished prior to my cruise, they are no longer delivering the product I booked.  

This is pretty similar to complaining about missed ports due to bad weather.. Somethings are just beyond their control, but I guess some people are just looking for reasons to complain.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, shepherd really said:

The booking schedule opens more than two years in advance now. So it’s probably way before they can finalize the dry dock arrangements for many different reasons. Some changes are unavoidable. When you booked you knew the ship hadn’t been refurbished yet. To avoid disappointment, it would be better to wait until later or book on the ship that satisfy your requirements. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4

I'm glad to hear this is on the schedule! We are booked in late November 2024 on the first Caribbean cruise after the TA from Europe to Florida. I was half expecting our cruise to be canceled because they usually are at the beginning or the end of the European swing so they could have booked the dry dock in November/December with a rescheduled TA and other cancellations. Sorry for those whose cruises were canceled but hopefully Oceania is offering you some sort of credit and suggested alternative sailings for your inconvenience. 

16 hours ago, jonthomas said:

glad it will be refitted in time for our Oct 2024 cruise....

those of you whose cruises were cancelled, did O give you anything as a good will gesture so you can apply it to something else?

Yes.  We were offered (by O, as we did not use a TA for this trip) two different 10 day cruises (one on Riviera, one on Vista) for the same price as the 7.  We are not unhappy in the least.

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/24/2023 at 10:05 AM, MarkWiltonM said:

I'm glad to hear this is on the schedule! We are booked in late November 2024 on the first Caribbean cruise after the TA from Europe to Florida. I was half expecting our cruise to be canceled because they usually are at the beginning or the end of the European swing so they could have booked the dry dock in November/December with a rescheduled TA and other cancellations. Sorry for those whose cruises were canceled but hopefully Oceania is offering you some sort of credit and suggested alternative sailings for your inconvenience. 

We are booked on that same Caribbean cruise - our first on Oceania. I didn't even know there was supposed to be a refurbishment, so I guess I find it kind of exciting to hear about it. I feel awful for anyone whose cruises were canceled though. I know how gutted I would be if it were to happen to me. My hubby is one of those who can easily shrug things off and take things as they come... I am not. I would likely actively mourn, loud and long (how loud and how long would probably depend on how good the cruise line's peace offering was, but there would still be a mourning period). 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

• 3 months later...
On 1/23/2023 at 9:15 PM, shepherd really said:

I just booked a cruise for July 2024 and TA informed me was going in for a refurb April 2024 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

We just booked Marina Barcelona to Rome May 18, 2024 so not sure about some of the other dates being talked about above.  Also told refurb was put off from November 2023 to April 2024 and this the first cruise out after dry dock.  I hope it will go ahead as we are in Australia and airfares to Europe are horrendously expensive and hard to alter when plans change.

On 1/23/2023 at 1:15 PM, shepherd really said:

It appears the gap is April 30-May 17, 2024 according to O's website since there is a sailing disembarking in Venice April 29, 2024 and the next embarkation is May 18, 2024 in Barcelona.

• Like 3