"Free Internet"??

MSEm

Reading fine print "Free Internet" is for 1 login.  Does this mean only 1 device per stateroom receives the "free" internet connection and you must pay extra for other devices?

We usually cruise with Viking has are limited to 2 devices in use at a time.  WE both have cell phones and carry a small laptop computer.  Usually have the computer and 1 of the cell phones logged into Viking internet service with no problems. We use the cell phone to send an receive a few messages from family not to play games or download movies or TV shows. Use computer to backup our photos and check emails daily.

Thanks for info on Oceania internet service and cost.

1 minute ago, MSEm said:

Reading fine print "Free Internet" is for 1 login.  Does this mean only 1 device per stateroom receives the "free" internet connection and you must pay extra for other devices?

We usually cruise with Viking has are limited to 2 devices in use at a time.  WE both have cell phones and carry a small laptop computer.  Usually have the computer and 1 of the cell phones logged into Viking internet service with no problems. We use the cell phone to send an receive a few messages from family not to play games or download movies or TV shows. Use computer to backup our photos and check emails daily.

Except for the top cabin levels (which get two), the free internet is one login at a time (you can bump each other off as needed.

FYI: the paid version isn’t any faster. Rather, it only removes the streaming block. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MSEm said:

One account per cabin you can use as many devices as you want but only one can be logged in at a time

Is Viking internet free or pay for use?

Viking sounds like  a better fit for your needs

JMO

6 hours ago, MSEm said:

Does this mean only 1 device per stateroom receives the "free" internet connection and you must pay extra for other devices?

I think this is your question in that paragraph. The answer is yes. 

Carnival Corp. announced that internet services of its brands will be upgraded over the coming months.  I hope Oceania/NCL will do the same.  There are times when a simple email cannot be uploaded or sent.  It is one area where I think Oceania falls short.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
On 1/24/2023 at 1:14 PM, LHT28 said:

One account per cabin you can use as many devices as you want but only one can be logged in at a time

Is Viking internet free or pay for use?

Viking sounds like  a better fit for your needs

JMO

Viking has free internet included for all pax.  Can have 2 devices logged in at same time. (Not sure about more than 2).

Connection speeds can, and did vary, depending..., but overall we were satisfied.  Was able to upload photos to my CC live from, Dec. 2022 TA BCN/SJU.  There was the occasional very slow, or not working internet, but it improved when tried later.

1 hour ago, FetaCheese said:

Viking has free internet included for all pax.  Can have 2 devices logged in at same time. (Not sure about more than 2).

Connection speeds can, and did vary, depending..., but overall we were satisfied.  Was able to upload photos to my CC live from, Dec. 2022 TA BCN/SJU.  There was the occasional very slow, or not working internet, but it improved when tried later.

Each cruise line has their pluses & minuses 

people should choose what works best for them

JMO

So it's $25/day for your spouse and you to be able to both have basic wifi at the same time.  I'm used to that being included in the price of a suite on other lines...this sounds a little ticky tack, but it is what it is!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, CruisinShips said:

So it's $25/day for your spouse and you to be able to both have basic wifi at the same time.  I'm used to that being included in the price of a suite on other lines...this sounds a little ticky tack, but it is what it is!

If you are in a Top suite on Oceania  you get 2 accounts

Top suite  = OS. OC, VS

As you have discovered you get more bang for your buck on Main stream lines 😉

I have read on these boards that Oceania will be installing Star Link fleet wide over the next year or so.  While we obviously don't yet know how this will affect service, I think it sounds like a positive step and I can imagine the chance that it might allow for a change in the one device policy.

May be worth checking back as it rolls out if internet is an important factor for you.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Sujormik said:

Anyone know if you can use your one login to make a hotspot and then both able to use internet from that hotspot?  Is it easier in port than while sailing?

I’m not an expert, but can you make a “hotspot” from wifi?

I had thought that you can only make a hotspot from your cellular data coverage…🤔

On 5/2/2023 at 6:50 PM, bob brown said:

I’m not an expert, but can you make a “hotspot” from wifi?

I had thought that you can only make a hotspot from your cellular data coverage…🤔

Also interested in a verified answer, since my interpretation of using a phone as a hotspot is the same as yours.

Edited by 1985rz1