$25 Corkage Fee

MSEm

17 minutes ago, oskidunker said:

I just bought a glass of wine. Thats all I wanted. No longer ablebto drink a bottle. 

It just takes practice, or patience!

JK!

Like the comic says, any pizza can be a personal pizza w patience and determination! LOL!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, MSEm said:

Thanks for all the replies.  It has been about 10 years since I last cruised with Oceania. Just trying to find out what to expect.

Things have changed.

Board the ship expecting new and different experiences, and don’t get hung up on decade old memories. You’ll be cruising the NEW Oceania, not the last decade Oceania. Keep and open mind and evaluate your experiences as if you’re on a new cruise line.

Hi,

New cruiser to Oceania having only previously been on Seabourn which is all inclusive.

With regard to alcohol, if  we do not take out a drinks package but would like to have a glass of wine with dinner is that charged by the glass?  Are the prices reasonable?

If we take a drinks  package and would like to have a drink in the bar and not at dinner table, is that also charged as a separate item?

Thank you

26 minutes ago, JoTreacy said:

Hi,

New cruiser to Oceania having only previously been on Seabourn which is all inclusive.

With regard to alcohol, if  we do not take out a drinks package but would like to have a glass of wine with dinner is that charged by the glass?  

Are the prices reasonable?

If we take a drinks  package and would like to have a drink in the bar and not at dinner table, is that also charged as a separate item?

Thank you

Yes, although you can also buy bottles.

For prices see:

Yes if you have the House package. Maybe if you have the Prestige package (some things like high end whisky are not included)

1 hour ago, JoTreacy said:

Hi,

With regard to alcohol, if  we do not take out a drinks package but would like to have a glass of wine with dinner is that charged by the glass?  Are the prices reasonable?

Thank you

depends on the beverage package you choose

Prestige package  anytime anywhere  for most drinks

House select  Champagne /wine by the glass & beer  only at Lunch & dinner

https://www.oceaniacruises.com/value

You can scroll down to the beverage package link

Pay as you drink  is an option

buy a bottle of wine  to enjoy  at meals  they will store the unfinished bottles for another time

Just remember Oceania is not all inclusive  so you may have to adapt your habits 🥤

12 hours ago, JoTreacy said:

Are the prices reasonable?

Prices have gone up $2 - $3 a drink. For example cheapest red wine by the glass is now $14. Do some calculation as to what this means for you. 20% gratuity include with eIther beverage package. Any drink listed on the bar menus, anytime, is included in Prestige Package -wine and beer only at meals for House Select package.

Price increase makes beverage package more of a bargain IMO. For example I am having a double Oban 14yr whiskey which costs $18x2=$36 + $7.20 (gratuity)= $43.20 if you pay without package.

We prefer to go to a bar or drink in a restaurant. There are alternatives - drink in room, go to 2 for 1 specials or attend free drink parties for Oceania Club members or Captains party. These alternatives have their disadvantages for us.

Up to you.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, schmerl said:

If you have the prestige package there really isn't any need to bring your own wine aboard since you can have as much as you want at the bars and dining rooms included. 

Their package wines-by-the-glass are mediocre at best. If you want good wine you need to BYO or give in and pay the big bucks for O’s decent bottles.

36 minutes ago, Flatbush Flyer said:

Their package wines-by-the-glass are mediocre at best. If you want good wine you need to BYO or give in and pay the big bucks for O’s decent bottles

And even then, their "decent bottles" are just that... "decent"... at least a few of them.
For something really nice, BYOB!

Or is there a "special list" somewhere?

RM

7 hours ago, Flatbush Flyer said:

You will “sort of” feel at home on O since many many of the repeat O passengers were at one time Celebrity regulars (yes, suites and Luminae). But, once they tried O, they jumped ship from Celebrity.

You should read the many posts in the Celebrity forum, a lot of very upset over all the cutback changes Celebrity instigated this month. They are taking the concept of nickel and diming to a whole new level.  From charging $9.95 + 18% gratuity for all room service except suites, raising specialty restaurants 20% or more and adding 18% gratuities when booked to cutting back on the buffets and MDR menus, Celebrity is driving many to look elsewhere. I am not the only long-time loyal Celebrity customer talking about jumping ship. 

1 hour ago, terrydtx said:

You should read the many posts in the Celebrity forum, a lot of very upset over all the cutback changes Celebrity instigated this month. They are taking the concept of nickel and diming to a whole new level.  From charging $9.95 + 18% gratuity for all room service except suites, raising specialty restaurants 20% or more and adding 18% gratuities when booked to cutting back on the buffets and MDR menus, Celebrity is driving many to look elsewhere. I am not the only long-time loyal Celebrity customer talking about jumping ship. 

I think most lines are looking to get out of the "red" anyway they can

Check some of the other cruise line forums  they are all trying to make some money

10 hours ago, schmerl said:

If you have the prestige package there really isn't any need to bring your own wine aboard since you can have as much as you want at the bars and dining rooms included. 

It all depends on your level of wine appreciation (snobbery). Our consumption of wine at home falls in the $20 -$30 range. If you consider that plonk, then you may be unhappy with the wine by the glass choices. Retail wine prices hinge on more than just taste.

Our observations;

The St Germain champagne is very good, standard champagne for which we would pay 20 euros in France,

3 very good and popular wines by the glass that we order all the time.

- Poesie Soave Italy white

- Wente cab Sauv - California red 

- Villa Maria Sauv Blanc - New Zealand white

ABC

One more thing about the Prestige package - you get to call your brand of liquor. If you like Tito’s or Grey Goose for example, you will pay extra for those choices unless you have the package.

Edited by Robjame

Robjames;

I believe quite a few of us would not rate St. Germain Champagne as “ very good “. I don’t even consider it good. Drinkable, not bad, but not really even good. 

Oceania’s wine by the glass list sometimes has a few decent picks. Most of the selections do hover around the plonk level.

52 minutes ago, LHT28 said:

But some of us will drink Plonk 😉

And that's what is so bizarre. Paying O prices for plonk when...you can bring your own non-plonk on board! Saving $ and drinking "better". And if you are willing to drink plonk that you bring on board....

I'm not a wine fancier. Just know what I like and don't. Wife and I picked out 6 bottles of wine at the convenience store next to our Miami hotel in November. Total was under $85, including tax. Which we enjoyed sitting on our veranda. Along with the beer and hard liquor we brought on board.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, roadmaster said:

Why do people keep on bringing up other cruise lines policies when it has nothing to do with Oceania!

Probably to illustrate to those who are thinking about jumping ship,  the complaints about Oceania are not unique to Oceania, and the grass may not be greener on the other lines.

Edited by 1985rz1
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, pinotlover said:

I believe quite a few of us would not rate St. Germain Champagne as “ very good “.

For clarification - I did not say it was a very good champagne but a very good STANDARD champagne not to be confused with blanc de Blanc, Blanc de noir, prestige de cuvée, much as I would describe well liquors, American mass beers, table wine.

St Germain satisfies the general tastes and its prolific use on Oceania in mixed drinks. I would expect it is the quality I would find in Monoprix @ 20 Euros.

De gustibus non est disputandum

3 hours ago, pinotlover said:

Robjames;

I believe quite a few of us would not rate St. Germain Champagne as “ very good “. I don’t even consider it good. Drinkable, not bad, but not really even good. 

A little orange juice with it and it's fine.🤪 At least Oceania has good orange juice. 

• Haha 1

Just curious are you allowed 6 bottles of wine to be brought on or are you able to bring a bottle of liquor to be consumed in your room only? Thank you for any information regarding this .

I agree having the opportunity to bring wine onboard is not something which happens on many other lines.

1 hour ago, toronto guys said:

Just curious are you allowed 6 bottles of wine to be brought on or are you able to bring a bottle of liquor to be consumed in your room only? Thank you for any information regarding this .

I agree having the opportunity to bring wine onboard is not something which happens on many other lines.

The O corkage fee applies to wine. (Beer and hard liquor are a different issue and are to be confined to your cabin.)