New booking(s) anyone besides me?

wearesiamese

7 hours ago, AtA said:

You have to give them your CS #. They've been making the same mistake a lot. Ours was corrected once our TA let them know about the mistake.

Having a CS# is not a guarantee.  I have a CS# but since the previous version of Crystal closed before my 1st cruise the New Crystal is not honoring it.

V/r

36 minutes ago, phelios2 said:

Having a CS# is not a guarantee.  I have a CS# but since the previous version of Crystal closed before my 1st cruise the New Crystal is not honoring it.

V/r

Sorry but officially you’re not a Crystal Society member - here’s the rules from the old programme, you had to have completed a cruise

Entry Requirements: You automatically become a member of Crystal Society when you complete your first full-revenue Crystal cruise of 5 days or longer. There is no cost or age requirement and your membership is permanent.

Soon after you return home from your first cruise, you will receive a membership package that includes your Crystal Society membership card and number.

Fully understood about the terms and conditions.  But the terms and conditions also stated that they were supposed to provide a cruise which did not happen.  They also issued me the number (without the card).   I figure that if I had to jump through all the hoops (3 months of time and energy) to get my money back the least either Crystal could do would be to honor the membership.  I sincerely looked at placing a pre-deposit on the new Crystal but was not willing to place a $500 loan for $125 return (solo-cruiser) without more than information that was available at the time.  I wish those of you who are slated to cruise on the new Crystal the best of luck and hope it meets your expectations.

V/r

15% deposit less the $500.00 is due 7 days after the booking was made.

We made them today for all voyages booked.

Final payment due 120 days prior to the sailing.

Yes all the revised invoices should show $250.00 per person up to $500.00 per suite.

Keith

Im.just hoping they come out with shorter segments on the world cruise as I am holding off using  my second  deposit until I see what happens w that

If they don't open up smaller segments by the end of the 90 day booking requirements I will book something  else so it doesn't  get wasted

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, KenzSailing said:

Having no interest in any of the 2023 sailings, I got my $500 back

Too late now but you didn’t see anything in 2024 either? Not sure why there’s a rush to get the $500 back so quickly - unless cash flow is an issue 😂😉

40 minutes ago, wearesiamese said:

If they don't open up smaller segments by the end of the 90 day booking requirements I will book something  else so it doesn't  get wasted

Sounds like my wife’s logic at the Sales - the more you spend the more you save…

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

15 minutes ago, Stickman1990 said:

Too late now but you didn’t see anything in 2024 either? Not sure why there’s a rush to get the $500 back so quickly - unless cash flow is an issue 😂😉

Speaking for myself and not Ken, this is one of the reasons I didn't do an open booking in the first place...  I wouldn't have been able to book a sailing before Q3 2024 most likely, which would have been outside the chargeback window for the initial deposit.  If I had booked I might have kept the risk though -- I think odds of needing to get it back at all plus the odds of not filing the claim before the cutoff are especially low compared to the odds of actually using the discount...   But just throwing that out there because that's another scenario besides needing the cash.  🙂 

Vince

• Like 2

I did not book anything either.  i have two cruises booked for his year and one for next year on other luxury lines and saw nothing of interest for 23/24 on Crystal.  Maybe in 2025?

For those that are booking, keep it up as I went out to lunch with my TA today (she is a personal friend) and she had questions today on a sailing and she called Crystal and got through immediately as I did yesterday.  Crystal needs those bookings so they are still there for us waiting until 2025.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, BWIVince said:

Speaking for myself and not Ken, this is one of the reasons I didn't do an open booking in the first place...  I wouldn't have been able to book a sailing before Q3 2024 most likely, which would have been outside the chargeback window for the initial deposit.  If I had booked I might have kept the risk though -- I think odds of needing to get it back at all plus the odds of not filing the claim before the cutoff are especially low compared to the odds of actually using the discount...   But just throwing that out there because that's another scenario besides needing the cash.  🙂 

Vince

I can't fault the logic of the Voice of Reason.  I just took a flyer figuring my lure would still come back with the bait on it.  Leap of faith I guess(former altar boy in me.)

With that, I've mixed enough metaphors for one post.

• Like 3

Lots of people we know have booked and as they say the night is young.  In a few days those who didn't do the open bookings will have a chance to book and I know several who are doing just that.

We had no trouble finding itineraries that we like. 

It seems ash several voyages are getting heavily booked from what some people are saying who were looking at availability and their TA's said there wasn't a lot to choose from.  

Vince as usual you are very logical. Why do an open booking if you likely can't take advantage of the booking window to realize the on-board savings.

Bags are packed. Ready to go.  Can't wait.

Keith

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Keith1010 said:

Why do an open booking if you likely can't take advantage of the booking window to realize the on-board savings

Keith

I have an open booking but, as it turns out, will not be booking a cruise with Crystal before the February 13 deadline for obtaining the $500 OBC.  Is there any reason not to request my deposit be returned to me?  Or another way of putting it, is there any benefit to keeping my deposit with Crystal?  For example, I could imagine that being on the list of open depositors might result in receiving an offer from Crystal for a discount in the future. 

I'm not worried that a repeat of the bankruptcy fiasco will occur again, I'm just wondering if there is any benefit to keeping an open deposit after the OBC deadline passes.

10 minutes ago, skybluewaters said:

I have an open booking but, as it turns out, will not be booking a cruise with Crystal before the February 13 deadline for obtaining the $500 OBC.  Is there any reason not to request my deposit be returned to me?  Or another way of putting it, is there any benefit to keeping my deposit with Crystal?  For example, I could imagine that being on the list of open depositors might result in receiving an offer from Crystal for a discount in the future. 

I'm not worried that a repeat of the bankruptcy fiasco will occur again, I'm just wondering if there is any benefit to keeping an open deposit after the OBC deadline passes.

You have 90 days to make the booking from the time the itineraries were released to get the OBC.  So you still have time.  If you don't use it by then there would be no advantage for keeping it out there.

Keith

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1