New booking(s) anyone besides me?

wearesiamese

I see multiple errors/inconsistencies unfortunately on the webpage of the cruise I booked, which is the 14 day Vancouver to LAX, Aug 2024.I will likely take a train to Vancouver as I really dont want to fly if I dont have to,which of course I will if I book the 1st segment of the wc 24  if it does indeed begin in LAX.Driving to the port is really nice when one can do so 🙂

5 hours ago, wearesiamese said:

I see multiple errors/inconsistencies unfortunately on the webpage of the cruise I booked, which is the 14 day Vancouver to LAX, Aug 2024.I will likely take a train to Vancouver as I really dont want to fly if I dont have to,which of course I will if I book the 1st segment of the wc 24  if it does indeed begin in LAX.Driving to the port is really nice when one can do so 🙂

Before I went to bed last night, that was a six-night. I’ll have to look again!

31 minutes ago, Keith1010 said:

I think that’s a B2B, 8 night plus six night. Or a 14 night, bookable as two separate cruises.

https://crystalcruises.com/cruises/none-cse-008-240813

https://crystalcruises.com/cruises/none-cse-006-240821

in fact, they are numbered: OCY081324 and OCY082124.

I could be wrong.

And on Aug. 27, there’s a cruise that will remind many of us of 2018.

Edited by May B
  • Like 1

46 minutes ago, May B said:

I think that’s a B2B, 8 night plus six night. Or a 14 night, bookable as two separate cruises.

https://crystalcruises.com/cruises/none-cse-008-240813

https://crystalcruises.com/cruises/none-cse-006-240821

in fact, they are numbered: OCY081324 and OCY082124.

I could be wrong.

And on Aug. 27, there’s a cruise that will remind many of us of 2018.

Muriel you can just simply book a 14 day Vancouver to Los Angeles cruise without booking back to backs.

That is the one that I was commenting on.

Keith

24 minutes ago, Keith1010 said:

Muriel you can just simply book a 14 day Vancouver to Los Angeles cruise without booking back to backs.

That is the one that I was commenting on.

Keith

Sure, Keith, but I’m planning to do the six night. That’s why I was surprised to see somebody say the same start and end cities, but 14 nights. Then the light dawned.

6 minutes ago, ak1004 said:

We booked a similar cruise from Vancouver to LA before Covid for June 2022. It was below $3,000 for 9 nights ($333/night). Now it's $3,200 for 6 nights ($533/night). A 60% increase..

Now comes the time for Old Crystalisers to see what value they are actually getting from new Crystal.🤔

• Like 5

13 minutes ago, Mr Luxury said:

Now comes the time for Old Crystalisers to see what value they are actually getting from new Crystal.🤔

Yep. SB has similar sailings at $350/night n one of their newest ships.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ak1004 said:

Yep. SB has similar sailings at $350/night n one of their newest ships.

I got £400 per night on the Pursuit in a large suite.

It's the latest ship and not here until August.

It's cheaper than staying at home but I'll still pay the staff as long as I don't catch them slacking on the security cameras 😁

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, SnoBirdCruiser said:

Keith I am unable to view this website.

It comes up as: Application error:a client-sie????

Any suggestions?

You have my email.

Pat

Pat I can't find your e-mail.  Not sure why.

Try this:

https://www.crystalcruises.com

If it doesn't work copy and paste and try with a different browser.

If that doesn't work restart your computer and try again.

If that doesn't work clear your browsing history (last resort).

Keith

4 minutes ago, Keith1010 said:

Pat I can't find your e-mail.  Not sure why.

Try this:

https://www.crystalcruises.com

If it doesn't work copy and paste and try with a different browser.

If that doesn't work restart your computer and try again.

If that doesn't work clear your browsing history (last resort).

Keith

You can't beat a brochure 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Yay I am glad I booked last night!  just got my stateroom assigned, and gb my tA, she remembered I prefer port side, and was able to get the stateroom closest to midships on Serenity deck 7 .She does a great job and I didnt even have to tell her my preferences She remembered from my last Crystal  cruise from like 2015!

Edited by wearesiamese
  • Like 1

Didn’t book anything and I was hoping there would be a reason to.   Maybe 2025?

I hope all of you that booked have a wonderful cruise.  I have two cruises booked this year on other luxury lines and one for 2024 so far that I am looking forward to.

• Like 2

We just booked a 30 days Sydney to Bali cruise on the Symphony (Jan 4 - Feb 3, 2024) and the booking experience (thru a t/a) was pleasant and we got the cabin we preferred which was a double room with veranda 9060.  

The cost was right in line with our Seabourn and Regent bookings.  We are happy with the cabin size and understand the other lines have larger standard cabins.  We look forward to the onboard experience and we love the ship.

I do have one question, we made the $500 booking deposit and only received $250 obc.  I thought we would receive $500.  I understood the obc was per suite not per person.  If you could help me with this I would appreciate any clarification.  

• Like 6

32 minutes ago, TRIPACIAN said:

I do have one question, we made the $500 booking deposit and only received $250 obc.  I thought we would receive $500.  I understood the obc was per suite not per person.  If you could help me with this I would appreciate any clarification.  

They are wrong and you are right as you booked double occupancy. You need to have them fix it. You are not the only one to encounter this error.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TRIPACIAN said:

We just booked a 30 days Sydney to Bali cruise on the Symphony (Jan 4 - Feb 3, 2024) and the booking experience (thru a t/a) was pleasant and we got the cabin we preferred which was a double room with veranda 9060.  

The cost was right in line with our Seabourn and Regent bookings.  We are happy with the cabin size and understand the other lines have larger standard cabins.  We look forward to the onboard experience and we love the ship.

It clearly stated it was per person per suite so if you are a CC society member and two of you are in a cabin you should get $500 OBC. If booked as single then only $250. If not a society member then the amount is halved.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, TER777 said:

They are wrong and you are right as you booked double occupancy. You need to have them fix it. You are not the only one to encounter this error.

Our TA have posed the same question to Crystal, but they said that OBC is always per person, so it is $500 per double cabin.  They have asked them to add this simple statement to the invoice, to avoid mass confusion.  Who knows whether that happens 

The amount is correct, but wording is not complete – according to Crystal management that wording “Per Person” should always be added to that line

I’m interested to hear from anyone who has the full $500 (couple) or $250 (solo) printed on their booking confirmation form - anyone?

US 500 as OBC per cabin (two people on that cabin) or US 250 in case just a solo booking does not seem a much to me 🧐 I wonder how prices for excursions will be. Is this company going to include the specialty restaurants in the price or do they come at an extra cost? 

Ivi