Prima / Live / Solo / Feb - 5-12 - 2023...

sid_9169

Sid-

I assume you are going to provide wrap-up thoughts. 

Given your positive experience with the food, The Vibe, The Indulge Food Hall, the solo cabin, and the general layout of the entire ship, is the Prima (and the new class of ships) the only NCL ships you'd consider going forward?

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, sid_9169 said:

The TSA pre check line wasn't bad at all, and my box of Cubans made it through without a hitch. I'm here at my gate a full two hours early, and I want something to eat, but I don't want to pay airport prices for mediocre food. As per tradition, I'm going to starve until I get home, then take another shower, then go get something to eat...

You call try the indulge food hall in terminal "you wish"...😕

Sorry about the food...cruising can spoil you.

• Like 2

Now, I've got no idea what to do for the next two hours. I don't drink in airports, so scratch that. JinxyB is on her plane already, and on her way home. I wish that I was as well. We've made a plan to get together again sometime. Maybe on a cruise

Maybe I'm Atlanta, or who knows. 

This cruise and "review", if you can even call it that, were truly monumental, and I was just living in the moment from the beginning till the end. No hand drawn maps, and no real plans whatsoever. The pieces all just fell into place somehow. 

And, then there's all of you fine readers out there in Cruise Critic land. I want to thank each and every one of you, and I will personally when I can get the time to record the more than 360 usernames present. You're the real reason I've been doing these for all this time, and it means a lot when you all comment along the way. This may or may not be the last big Live Review for me, I still haven't decided yet. I've got a lot of stuff that I need to figure out in my "back at home" life, and when that happens, I'll decide. 

• Like 54
  • Thanks 4

Sid, many thanks for such a wonderful review and read!  Enjoyed the journey with you and am now seriously anticipating my June cruise on the Prima even more....Safe journey home!

PS To my Fellow Reader who clued me in on what I now know to be caper berries, THANK YOU!  They are magic!

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, JGmf said:

Sid-

I assume you are going to provide wrap-up thoughts. 

Given your positive experience with the food, The Vibe, The Indulge Food Hall, the solo cabin, and the general layout of the entire ship, is the Prima (and the new class of ships) the only NCL ships you'd consider going forward?

The Prima was far above any other NCL experience for me, and the food as well as service were all TOP NOTCH. I would even go as far as saying better than Virgin Voyages, which held the top spot in the food department previously. The ship itself is so beautiful, and there are places on board that may take you an entire week to even discover. 

I always get the Vibe passes, and now that they sell them prior to the cruise, I would have to make sure I could even get them before I would even book. I think that I almost prefer the old fashioned way when it comes to Vibe, but apparently that way is no longer. 

The studio cabins on board Prima are definitely above and beyond any of the other shops, and I've been in the studios on all of the NCL vessels from the Epic forward, except for the Joy. Nicely appointed, and way more stylish than any of the other shops. They've figured out a way to get so much out of so little space, and I would easily do the studios on board the Prima again...

• Like 25

16 minutes ago, sid_9169 said:

This cruise and "review", if you can even call it that, were truly monumental, and I was just living in the moment from the beginning till the end. No hand drawn maps, and no real plans whatsoever. The pieces all just fell into place somehow. 

BRAVO!  Matter of fact, that's exactly the way I love to cruise, especially since I've been sailing more solo the last few years.  No worrying about the "dailies", no wondering about making dinner reservations, go wherever  I want, whenever I want to do whatever I want.  Glad you find the same satisfaction.

• Like 10

31 minutes ago, sid_9169 said:

The Prima was far above any other NCL experience for me, and the food as well as service were all TOP NOTCH. I would even go as far as saying better than Virgin Voyages, which held the top spot in the food department previously. The ship itself is so beautiful, and there are places on board that may take you an entire week to even discover. 

I always get the Vibe passes, and now that they sell them prior to the cruise, I would have to make sure I could even get them before I would even book. I think that I almost prefer the old fashioned way when it comes to Vibe, but apparently that way is no longer. 

The studio cabins on board Prima are definitely above and beyond any of the other shops, and I've been in the studios on all of the NCL vessels from the Epic forward, except for the Joy. Nicely appointed, and way more stylish than any of the other shops. They've figured out a way to get so much out of so little space, and I would easily do the studios on board the Prima again...

Thank you for sharing your vacation with us. I am really looking forward to my April Prima sailing. Your report just added to the excitement. 

• Like 3