White and gold night

LinniB

How many people dress in white and gold on this evening ? Just had an email saying second formal night will be “ white and gold “ but never experienced one on previous princess cruises so any advice greatly appreciated 

I got off the regal princess on Sunday. We got an email talking about all the entertainment we can expect and it mentioned that white and gold night would be on the second formal night. Then when we got on the ship they actually changed the second formal night to “dress to impress” and there was no mention of white and gold night. I think maybe this thing is winding down and they haven’t updated the promotional emails yet. I still saw a dozen or so people dressed in white or gold.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

When they had a White & Gold night on our Enchanted cruise it wasn't a big deal and few people were actually dressed for it.

Maybe as time go's by & it becomes more common place it'll be more popular, but I certainly won't be buying a special outfit for it. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, MissP22 said:

When they had a White & Gold night on our Enchanted cruise it wasn't a big deal and few people were actually dressed for it.

Maybe as time go's by & it becomes more common place it'll be more popular, but I certainly won't be buying a special outfit for it. 

This was pretty much the case on a Regal TA in November.   There was a lot of talk on the Roll Call of sparkly gold outfits or accessories, and matching bow ties for the husbands, but I saw little evidence of it when the actual event rolled around.

Just now, Rick&Jeannie said:

Of all my cruises...I've never seen White & Gold participation. 

So that begs the question: "If they advertise White & Gold but nobody does it...do they still have White & Gold?" 😄

Deep, man, very deep.  Pass the bong, bro.

Edited by DCThunder
  • Haha 1

We just returned from Hawaii on the Crown. I had purchased an outfit for white and gold night based on reviews in this site. There really was no need, as very few people actually dressed for it. It was still pleasant way to spend an evening.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

So that begs the question: "If they advertise White & Gold but nobody does it...do they still have White & Gold?"

And if they publish in the Patter that "We kindly request that you observe our White and Gold Theme this evening," is wearing White and Gold "required" or merely a "suggestion."

And...If I wear a White t-shirt and Gold gym shorts, does the wearing of the White and Gold cancel out the fact that I am wearing a t-shirt and shorts, or will I be sent to the buffet?  😜

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, DCThunder said:

This was pretty much the case on a Regal TA in November.   There was a lot of talk on the Roll Call of sparkly gold outfits or accessories, and matching bow ties for the husbands, but I saw little evidence of it when the actual event rolled around.

If I asked my husband to wear a gold bow tie for dinner he would probably have me committed or tell me to go on the cruise by myself. 😅

I see it as just another gimmick for Princess trying to make money on an idea they've thought about. Forcing people to comply will be as effective as a wearing a tux or gown on formal nights. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, JimmyVWine said:

And if they publish in the Patter that "We kindly request that you observe our White and Gold Theme this evening," is wearing White and Gold "required" or merely a "suggestion."

And...If I wear a White t-shirt and Gold gym shorts, does the wearing of the White and Gold cancel out the fact that I am wearing a t-shirt and shorts, or will I be sent to the buffet?  😜

Only if they are Richard Simmons style short-shorts and tank top combination.  😉

• Like 1

My 2 sisters are joining us for their very 1st cruise, our 24th. They read somewhere that there will be a gold/white night. They are so excited, getting special clothing, special jewelry, shoes. I'll be sad for them if it doesn't happen. DH & I are slacks & nice tops for formal night people. We'll be a diverse group, but happy in each other's company. 😊 

Edited by 1965
  • Like 2

Just now, 1965 said:

My 2 sisters are joining us for their very 1st cruise, our 24th. They read somewhere that there will be a gold/white night. They are so excited, getting special clothing, special jewelry, shoes. I'll be sad for them if it doesn't happen. DH & I are slacks & nice tops for formal night. We'll be a diverse group, but happy in each other's company. 😊 

That newness of the first time cruiser will soon wear off. Let them enjoy it while they can.

• Like 2

Just now, MissP22 said:

That newness of the first time cruiser will soon wear off. Let them enjoy it while they can.

I can't wait to watch them enjoy themselves. They're both celebrating their retirement from nursing. We will love sharing this with them. ❤

• Like 4

Yep we enjoy the gimmicks and don’t worry if the Debbie downers don’t participate.

Formal nights, disco deck parties , white/gold night we are up for anything!

Hell why not you only live once!
If it is not for you no worries we all vacation our own way. 
Remember to appreciate every cruise you are on because we are all blessed to be able to partake when others aren’t so fortunate. Peace 😄

• Like 7

On 2/2/2023 at 3:50 PM, DCThunder said:

WE were on that cruise - never heard a thing abougt any White and Gold night - and we dress up for all the formal nights

On 2/2/2023 at 2:49 PM, LinniB said:

How many people dress in white and gold on this evening ? Just had an email saying second formal night will be “ white and gold “ but never experienced one on previous princess cruises so any advice greatly appreciated 

Sounds like a toga party.

Women's Deluxe Classic Toga Costume

Edited by Steelers36
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

On my handful of cruises that I've had that have included the white and gold party I would say a very small percentage tends to dress up within the theme. That's simply because it's on a dress to impress night and I feel like that it isn't promoted as much as it could be explaining the small participation

• Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, Jeter02 said:

On my handful of cruises that I've had that have included the white and gold party I would say a very small percentage tends to dress up within the theme. That's simply because it's on a dress to impress night and I feel like that it isn't promoted as much as it could be explaining the small participation

On the New Years cruise they made it a separate night from either formal night. Still it wasn't a big thing and if you weren't aware of it from reading it printed in the patter, you'd never know it was anything special.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, MissP22 said:

On the New Years cruise they made it a separate night from either formal night. Still it wasn't a big thing and if you weren't aware of it from reading it printed in the patter, you'd never know it was anything special.

Exactly. Well it was the same thing on the Christmas cruise you had separate formal nights but white and gold night was on a dress to impress night different from a formal

Just now, Jeter02 said:

Exactly. Well it was the same thing on the Christmas cruise you had separate formal nights but white and gold night was on a dress to impress night different from a formal

Just another "special" night to encourage people to spend more money, I suppose. 😄