3-Feb-24 18 San Diego Papeete    
    21-Feb-24 16 Papeete Auckland    
    9-Mar-24 18 Auckland Freemantle / Perth    
    27-Mar-24 18 Freemantle / Perth Mumbai    
    14-Apr-24 18 Mumbai Istanbul    

Edited by wearesiamese
Deleted after we r rereading something was wrong and wasnt

11 hours ago, Jayayeff said:

That is definitely 7060 on the Symphony - my very first stateroom onboard a Crystal ship…. 😀😀

Anne

oops. yes, sorry ladies.   Symphony was my favourite ship and first thought when I saw the message. 

• Thanks 1

Sales appear to be going well.  Crystal rep tells me there are only five  deck 7 rooms left for the San Diego to Papeete segment, and 38 left on the entire ship.  Impressed by these figures, I asked how many rooms were available on the ship on what I would guess to be the least popular segment (Perth to Mumbai).  Answer: 47.

1 hour ago, TER777 said:

Oops. Another "typo" on the last world cruise segment: 

LOS ANGELES

UNITED STATES OF AMERICA

SUN, JUN 23

OVERNIGHT

SAN DIEGO

UNITED STATES OF AMERICA

MON, JUN 24

08:00 - 10:30

🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄

On 2/28/2023 at 11:23 AM, FLcruiser2011 said:

We have been very happy with the Intercontinental, which is just across the street from the port.

Have stayed there pre-cruise and enjoyed very much, as well as close/convenient.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Is the world cruise no longer "special"? 

Old Crystal had a pre-cruise gala hosted at a hotel, special gifts on each segment, and two special shore exclusions included.  There were also unlimited visits to the specialty restaurants. 

New Crystal?  No hotel.  No mention of special gifts.  No mention of included shore excursions. No mention of anything special.

Heck, not even a mention of a world cruise on the website.

2 hours ago, History&Wine said:

Is the world cruise no longer "special"? 

Old Crystal had a pre-cruise gala hosted at a hotel, special gifts on each segment, and two special shore exclusions included.  There were also unlimited visits to the specialty restaurants. 

New Crystal?  No hotel.  No mention of special gifts.  No mention of included shore excursions. No mention of anything special.

Heck, not even a mention of a world cruise on the website.

Exactly, a this point there isn’t a listing of the WC on the website.

I suspect once that occurs, all of he amenity’s will be listed as well.

But, I don’t know why it is taking so long to do so.

Even more amazing, I booked an Aqua class cabin on the WC when the agents didn't know the difference between the old PH (which I wanted) and the Seabreeze Penthouse (which I didn't want).

Guess which I mistakenly got.  And when my TA and I discovered this, they told us there were no more PHs available.

This past week, they told me they had a PH and booked it for me.  BUT, when my TA called to inquire if the price was a mistake, they said the prices had gone up since my original booking -- and they declined to honor the previous prices.

This is no way to run a new cruise line.

2 hours ago, FLcruiser2011 said:

Even more amazing, I booked an Aqua class cabin on the WC when the agents didn't know the difference between the old PH (which I wanted) and the Seabreeze Penthouse (which I didn't want).

Guess which I mistakenly got.  And when my TA and I discovered this, they told us there were no more PHs available.

This past week, they told me they had a PH and booked it for me.  BUT, when my TA called to inquire if the price was a mistake, they said the prices had gone up since my original booking -- and they declined to honor the previous prices.

I will be shocked if your TA’s sales person can’t fix this for you.

And EXTREMELY disappointed.

Edited by May B

2 hours ago, FLcruiser2011 said:

Maybe it’s not a price increase.

Is it possible that the new stateroom is in a better location, and is therefore priced higher than your original stateroom?

Well, my original stateroom was toward the bow, and my new stateroom is toward the stern.  I don't think there is a location price difference -- though the way they display categories on the website (without displaying the differences within a category) makes it impossible to know this.  But they TOLD  my TA prices had gone up since WC bookings were first opened to Crystal Society members.

8 minutes ago, FLcruiser2011 said:

Well, my original stateroom was toward the bow, and my new stateroom is toward the stern.  I don't think there is a location price difference -- though the way they display categories on the website (without displaying the differences within a category) makes it impossible to know this.  But they TOLD  my TA prices had gone up since WC bookings were first opened to Crystal Society members.

The prices for mid and aft cabins are higher than the forward staterooms.  

Nancy

• Like 1

There are actually two prices for the Aquamarine (and other staterooms) listed on the Crystal website.

The price for Aquamarine penthouses fwd is lower than price for mid to aft penthouses.

Although I guess it could be that prices went up after the initial opening, sometimes the

people on the phone are inexperienced and don’t get things right.

Maybe your TA can check again.

• Like 1

On 4/1/2023 at 2:51 PM, nancygp said:

The prices for mid and aft cabins are higher than the forward staterooms.  

Nancy

Agree.  It could be just a case of the room types having different pricing and the agent not explaining properly.  For one cruise next year, I booked a forward Seabreeze for less than the price of a Classic PH or an aft Seabreeze.

• 2 weeks later...

Today Crystal announced the details of the World Cruise to the general public.  They also announced the amenities associated with booking the 2024 World Cruise.  

In addition, the last paragraph mentions some of the enhancements planned for Crystal Serenity.

CRYSTAL ANNOUNCES HIGHLY ANTICIPATED 2024 WORLD CRUISE

Set Sail on a Spectacular Journey Departing from San Diego or Miami 

MIAMI – April 13, 2023. Crystal announced today that its highly anticipated 2024 World Cruise aboard the newly renovated and spacious Crystal Serenity is available to book.  Sailing from San Diego or Miami over the course of 125 nights, the journey will visit 29 countries and 62 destinations stopping at some of the most breathtaking places and iconic landscapes. Guests can choose to add on a Panama Canal segment which would extend the overall cruise to 141 nights. 

An unparalleled voyage of discovery, the cruise travels around the world, providing guests the opportunity to visit island paradises, famous coastal cities and ancient landmarks in destinations such as Colombia, French Polynesia, Australia and New Zealand, Singapore, Indonesia, India, Egypt, Jordan, Italy and the French Riviera. 

Guests booking the world cruise will receive benefits including an ‘As You Wish’ shipboard credit of $1,500 per person, double occupancy and an air credit of $1,000 per person. Crystal Society members will receive additional savings for a limited time. The cruise will also include a welcome celebration reception, gala dinners and specially themed onboard and shoreside events.  

Additionally, Fernando Barroso de Oliveira has been appointed to serve as Crystal’s World Cruise Ambassador. Having spent the last six decades traveling the globe, he will be on hand to share his incredible knowledge and guidance with guests.

“I am honored to serve as the 2024 World Cruise Ambassador,” said Barroso de Oliveira. “I am so looking forward to hosting our guests throughout the voyage sharing my expertise and ensuring every encounter is exceptional.” 

“Experiencing world wonders such as the pyramids of Egypt, Petra in Jordan, Ephesus in Turkey or the Colosseum in Rome while enjoying unique shore excursions curated by Abercrombie & Kent will be an experience of a lifetime,” he added. “Throughout the course of their voyage, guests will be treated to the unparalleled service, world-class dining and entertainment that had made Crystal an award-winning cruise line for nearly 30 years.” 

Crystal Serenity is currently undergoing an extensive refurbishment in Trieste, Italy. When the ship debuts on July 31, in Marseille, enhancements will include larger, updated suites with artisanal finishes, cutting-edge onboard wellness as well as a revamped spa and gym. Guests will also find new a new pickleball court along with refreshed entertainment and events. 

For more information on the World Cruise or any of Crystal’s exceptional voyages, contact your travel advisor, visit crystalcruises.com, or call 1-800-446-6620.

• Like 3

As usual, Keith is on top of things.  Thanks for posting.

One thing:

"Sailing from San Diego or Miami over the course of 125 nights, the journey will visit 29 countries and 62 destinations stopping at some of the most breathtaking places and iconic landscapes. Guests can choose to add on a Panama Canal segment which would extend the overall cruise to 141 nights. "

If one is sailing from Miami, then one has already  added on the Panama Canal segment for a total of 141 nights.  Those sailing from San Diego have the option to add a Panama canal segment. 

• Like 1