2024 World Cruise Details

CruisePfan

There certainly seems to be unequal treatment of Crystal Society members.  We are members and made the FCCpayment of $500.  We have received no info regarding booking availability as others have.  What I know is from these message bds.  Others have been made aware of the world cruise and segments.  Obviously Crystal has a pecking order and we are not on it.  As George Orwelle said some animals are more equal than others.   They should be trying to make all members valued and welcome.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, trlagt said:

There certainly seems to be unequal treatment of Crystal Society members.  We are members and made the FCCpayment of $500.  We have received no info regarding booking availability as others have.  What I know is from these message bds.  Others have been made aware of the world cruise and segments.  Obviously Crystal has a pecking order and we are not on it.  As George Orwelle said some animals are more equal than others.   They should be trying to make all members valued and welcome.

I don't believe you are purposely being shunned; it's just another place where it appears Crystal is falling short. I haven't received anything from them but did make the deposit. There is a woman who has way over 100 cruises with the old Crystal who also seems to be a persona non grata. She has posted here on Cruise Critic that she has already made deposits on future cruises, as she keeps up with what has been posted here.

Patty

• Like 2

They may also be giving priority to all those who might have been booked on the cancelled 2022, 2023, and 2024 world cruises. That's a lot of potential pent up demand, and extra time for people to save up for a Crystal World cruise.

This is a true world cruise, meaning you start and end in the same port, and cross three oceans, in addition to the two canal crossings.  In comparing to previous world cruise itineraries I am not seeing much in the way of padded extra sea days. For those in the U.S., it's nice to not have to start with a super long flight to get to the ship.  

Given how quickly some of the other luxury world cruises sold out last year, if you are at all interested in a world cruise I would suggest you call your TA and at least request a quote to get your name on a list. Dont wait until they post all the details on the website as then you may be scrambling for the location you want. By January 2024 the start up kinks should have all been worked out and it will be an exceptional trip!

• Like 2

Nazareth?  They are cruising to Nazareth which is closer to the Sea of Galilee than to Haifa?  Call me a nit picker but there is no excuse for this.  Maybe they will be like one of those Duck Boats that go on land and sea because it appears they are also going to Laconia which is an inland location 90 minutes from Monemvsia.   I will leave it to others who want to play the Crystal version of Where’s Waldo to find other examples.

I and am not impressed with the itinerary.  Much as I love days at sea this is not compelling.  I was considering LAX to PPT but not anymore especially with just HNL and  Maui listed.  What is with 3 days in PPT?  I get its a turnover day and they don’t get in to late but they should have added an extra day somewhere and just did an overnight in PPT.  Get the disembarking bodies off in the AM and new people in that afternoon. 

Edited by cruisr

I'm the one who started this thread, and believe me, I did not get any special treatment nor any early info.  I was booked on the three cancelled world cruises, and lost a lot of money on trips that I kept rolling over for fcc. But like many here and on the Crystal facebook groups, I do try to keep up with what others wrote, both right and wrong.  The world cruise has been on our bucket list since we discovered Crystal in 2016 when the Mozart was launched.  I've been retired for 5 years and my husband says I spend way too much time on these chat boards, but they help to keep me informed. 

I have a great TA who responds to my questions and was willing to call Crystal even though she is currently on a 3 week trip safari in Africa.  After the booking window opened on Feb. 1, I sent her a list of questions and she got on the phone with them early on Feb. 2. With any new product launch in any industry, not just travel, there will be hiccups.   If you know what you want, just be proactive and ask.  Don't sit passively and wait.  If you sent in your $500, you obviously have some interest so contact them sooner rather than later.   Good luck to all and hope you get the trip of your dreams!

• Like 5

There will undoubtedly be tweaks to the itinerary.  I remember the old Crystal having numerous mistakes on initial postings of world cruises. 

Regarding Nazareth, I have to think Crystal will be in port at Haifa.  There must be excursions planned for Nazareth. 

I agree three days in Tahiti seems unwarranted.  I guess it has to do with arrival on the first day being at 20:00...late in the day. 

• Like 2

For us (in this case two of us and not just me cruising solo), the World Cruise is interesting. Not the WC 2024 because of previous commitments and because we would not go on a WC with a company which do not know. Remember this is a new company which does not have anything to do with the Crystal we knew and we have sailed a full WC and had booked a second one for 2022, which never happened? 

Please those going on the WC 2024 give us kindly a review of your impressions. Not just the positive things please. 

Ivi

• Like 1

The 2024 World Cruise (according to post #20 itinerary) appears to have more Days at Sea, and less port days, than Old Crystal had.

For me, the number of port days is a significant factor when I am choosing a longer cruise. I can enjoy sea days, but prefer fewer of them.  But, sometimes the comforts of Crystal override that! I understand that many cruisers have no problem with more at-sea days, and some people prefer them to port days.

Simply out of curiosity, I calculated the % of sea days [WC length] divided by [days at sea] for some World Cruises.

Here's what I found:

Silversea 2023:  23% of itinerary days are days at sea

Oceania 2023:  31%

Oceania 2024: 31%

Regent 2025:  34%

Seabourn 2024:  35%

Azamara 2024:  35%

Regent 2024:  38%

Viking 2024:  41%

Crystal 2020:  42% (included this one for my reference because I was on this cruise)

Crystal 2024:  45%

Holland America 2024:  51%

Princess 2023:  55%

Cunard 2024:  67%

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

13 hours ago, History&Wine said:

There will undoubtedly be tweaks to the itinerary.  I remember the old Crystal having numerous mistakes on initial postings of world cruises. 

Regarding Nazareth, I have to think Crystal will be in port at Haifa.  There must be excursions planned for Nazareth. 

I agree three days in Tahiti seems unwarranted.  I guess it has to do with arrival on the first day being at 20:00...late in the day. 

No overnight in Bora Bora? Such a nice place and lots of Motu also for a unique stay - not that we would do it again but it would be nice to have more than 7 hours. Too much time in Papeete for my taste.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, suzeluvscruz said:

No overnight in Bora Bora? Such a nice place and lots of Motu also for a unique stay - not that we would do it again but it would be nice to have more than 7 hours. Too much time in Papeete for my taste.

I am thinking about booking segment 1 of the WC 24, and saw those days on {Papeete too would likely get off the ship on the last day if possible, and go back to Bora Bora as I have never been there and agree a few hours is not enough!  Also I  have never stayed in those over the ocean bungalows that look so beautiful in the travel mags/pictures online:)wuld like to spend a couple of days there at least before heading home 🙂

Edited by wearesiamese

1 hour ago, suzeluvscruz said:

No overnight in Bora Bora? 

I asked on another thread but no response yet......because of the new ship size limits imposed by Bora Bora recently does the Serenity or even Symphony meet the criteria to anchor there?  

~Nancy

My TA is great and proactive and called to ask about the WC. She was told there isn’t anything they can send out at this point, but she could book it. She tried to explain the logic that in order to book it you need to know what it is and where the ship is going. The agent offered to read her the countries on the itinerary. But there was nothing they could send out. Absurd!

• Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, FLRI said:

My TA is great and proactive and called to ask about the WC. She was told there isn’t anything they can send out at this point, but she could book it. She tried to explain the logic that in order to book it you need to know what it is and where the ship is going. The agent offered to read her the countries on the itinerary. But there was nothing they could send out. Absurd!

My TA  told me today those of us who have never been on a full world cruise have to wait until the bookings open for everyone and time is given for previous WC'ers to book the WC 2024.She estimates late March into April before the rest of us could book segments, so I have no idea what your TA is referring to ??

Edited by wearesiamese
  • Haha 1

NEW OPTION for 2024 World Cruise:

They have added third option: LAX TO MIAMI,                                                                

Depart Saturday Feb 3 from Los Angeles

Arrive Saturday Jun 8 into Miami.

126 days total:   56 days at sea (44%) 70 days in port

A TA on Facebook is reporting three voyages from the World Cruise which can also be booked:

Feb 3, 2024 - Mar 9, 2024 Los Angeles to Auckland

Mar 9, 2024 - Apr 14, 2024 Auckland to Mumbai

May 2, 2024 0 May 25, 2024 Istanbul to La Seyne (Toulomn)

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, CruisePfan said:

NEW OPTION for 2024 World Cruise:

They have added third option: LAX TO MIAMI,                                                                

Depart Saturday Feb 3 from Los Angeles

Arrive Saturday Jun 8 into Miami.

126 days total:   56 days at sea (44%) 70 days in port

A TA on Facebook is reporting three voyages from the World Cruise which can also be booked:

Feb 3, 2024 - Mar 9, 2024 Los Angeles to Auckland

Mar 9, 2024 - Apr 14, 2024 Auckland to Mumbai

May 2, 2024 0 May 25, 2024 Istanbul to La Seyne (Toulomn)

Wow those are huge segments! Guess they don't want short segmenters...we usually take 2, but the breaks are not where we want to go. 😰

Edited by suzeluvscruz
  • Like 2

I called Crystal.  Some info:  Still not booking segments, not known when those will be available.  Asking about the world cruise Miami- Miami, was told cheapest balcony for 2 pax priced at 136,880.    Eight rooms available out of 45 in the category.  Deck 7 ocean view for 2 pax 131,750.   28 available out of 42 in the category.  Solo rooms:  2 left. 

My takeaway is that world cruise sales are brisk, since all of the bookings so far are for the world cruise if indeed segments are not yet available. 

It seems to me that the cheapest balconies are priced cheaply relative to ocean view...or that ocean view are priced high relative to the cheapest balcony with only 5,130.

• Like 3

On 2/3/2023 at 9:37 PM, FLRI said:

This is the challenge being in the catch up mode.

In the perfect world the World Cruise and its amenities would be announced at the same time.  The challenge was that there was not enough time to get this and many other things worked out because they are starting from scratch other than the knowledge of what was offered before.

This is why the World Cruise wasn't put on the website.  

It will go on the site pretty soon and they are in the process of finalizing the amenities.

If they waited for everything to be finalized before taking all bookings then the ship restart of the actual sailings might not have occurred for another beyond the current start date.

Over the last few months you had people doing double duty as there were not a lot of people on the bench.  This has started to change and will continue to change over the coming months as additional people are hired to fill these slots. 

I do not believe it will be much longer until specifics are out on all of this.

Keith

On 2/3/2023 at 11:37 PM, FLRI said:

I think that the people who are booking now the World Cruise 2024 do not really care where the ship is going. They are just happy with the ship and hopping that it will have at least the quality of the original Crystal in order to justify the current prices. For those interested in segments, the first two are also easy to identify. For example I assume that there will be Miami-LA and LA - New Zealand. For booking of other segments, it is better to wait if you are interested in itineraries.

Ivi

1 hour ago, travelberlin said:

I think that the people who are booking now the World Cruise 2024 do not really care where the ship is going. They are just happy with the ship and hopping that it will have at least the quality of the original Crystal in order to justify the current prices. For those interested in segments, the first two are also easy to identify. For example I assume that there will be Miami-LA and LA - New Zealand. For booking of other segments, it is better to wait if you are interested in itineraries.

Ivi

I was told the itinerary before booking.  It is similar to the ill fated 2022 world cruise. I like the itinerary, although I wish there were more port days.   I would not book a WC like say the 2017 that focused on South America.   I definitely care where the ship is going.

I think early bookers want to reserve their place and can cancel before final payment if amenities or something else are found to be unappealing. 

I'm sure there will be a Miami to LA segment.  This is always a popular itinerary for those seeking an escape from cold weather.  The second segment should end in Tahiti based on the initial itinerary.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, History&Wine said:

I was told the itinerary before booking.  It is similar to the ill fated 2022 world cruise. I like the itinerary, although I wish there were more port days.   I would not book a WC like say the 2017 that focused on South America.   I definitely care where the ship is going.

I think early bookers want to reserve their place and can cancel before final payment if amenities or something else are found to be unappealing. 

I'm sure there will be a Miami to LA segment.  This is always a popular itinerary for those seeking an escape from cold weather.  The second segment should end in Tahiti based on the initial itinerary.  

Thanks I was informed by friends who have booked it, that the itinerary was tentative. Not definitive. But it seems that it will be similar to the WC 2022. We were booked on that one.😔

Ivi

Edited by travelberlin

After comparing to World Cruise 2022 which was only 116 nights versus 2024 WC which is 141 nights here is my best guestimate of how the cruise breaks down:

Segment I - Miami to Los Angeles -Jan 18- Feb 3, 17 nights: stops in Georgetown, Cartegena, Panama Canal, var. ports in Mexico

Segment II - Los Angeles - Papeete - Feb 3 - app. Feb 21, app. 20 nights, 10 sea days, stops in Honolulu, Lahaina, var.  ports in French Polynesia inc. Bora Bora, Moorea, and Tahiti.

Segment III - Papeete - Auckland, app. Feb 21 - Mar 9, App. 16 nights, 9 sea days, Rarotonga, Nuku'alofa, Fiji, Port Vila, Noumea.

Segment IV - Auckland - Perth, Mar 10 - Mar 27, 19 nights, Tauranga, Picton, Sydney, Eden, Melbourne, Adelaide, Busselton.

Segment V - Perth - Mumbai, Mar 27 - Apr 14, 18 nights, 11 sea days, Broome, Bali, Singapore, Ski Lanka, Maldives.

Segment VI - Mumbai - Istanbul, Apr 15 - May 2, 17 nights, Salalah, Safaga (Luxor) , Aqaba, Suez Canal Transit, Nazareth, Limassol, Rhodes.

Segment VII - Istanbul - Toulon, May 2 - May 25, 23 nights, This might be split) port heavy in Greece, Kusadasi, Laconia, Crete, Malta, Sicily, Naples, Rome, Corsica, Saint Tropez, Monte Carlo

Segment VIII -Toulon - Miami, May 25 - Jun 8, 14 nights, 8 sea days, Barcelona, Cartegena (Spain), Gilbralter, Funchal, Nassau.

Segment IX - Miami - Los Angeles Jun 8 -  similar to Segment 1.

See message 20 for full itinerary and #42 for possible segments available for sale.  Segment 1 and 9, Miami to Los Angeles, will likely eventually become available for sale. The rest of the segments are currently not available for booking, as they appear to be holding out for full world cruisers. Itinerary is of course still subject to minor modifications and corrections.  Full WC benefits have also not yet been identified.  Given the longer duration of the cruise, and the fact that destination fees are now included, the delta doesnt look quite as bad as initially thought.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1