Charge for shipping medallions

On 2/9/2023 at 3:06 PM, Catherine Claus said:

we were also going to be charged $10.00 for delivery of the "free" medallions.  

We are elite also.

To charge or not to charge shipping is strictly a function of the Beverage Packages.  It has nothing to do with loyalty status.

But while I am at this, I might as well throw in my thoughts.  I have had, will have, not have had the beverage packages on several cruises.  I purchase it for the convenience of having my mock cocktails or occasional wine with dinner.  I am not an imbiber.  Rarely ever meet my minimum to break even daily allotment.  AND have my minibars to fall back on.

As an elite member, I would be able to get a 50% discount on the internet package, if bought on it's own.  

Therefore (and herein lies the unlogic):  There is no benefit for me, as an elite member, to purchase either or the beverage package AND the internet that is being "credited" at full value.  

I won't even go into inside verses suite crew incentive differences.

• Like 2

We have the Plus package for a cruise in June. It was booked last year in August. Went to the App today to finalize the medallion order and it wanted to charge us the $10.

Rather than go tilt at windmills and after having medallions delivered too late to be of use, we decided that picking them up at the port will be just fine.

Ha ha! We'll just wear some old black medallions initially at check-in to make sure we get into the correct lines...

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, MissP22 said:

There's nothing so special about getting a medallion at home before hand that would make me want to give them $10 for the privilege. 

Same with us. I don't like paying shipping for anything if I can avoid it. Not for Amazon purchases,  seed packets, medicines, or medallions.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, 1965 said:

Same with us. I don't like paying shipping for anything if I can avoid it. Not for Amazon purchases,  seed packets, medicines, or medallions.

I order using my friends account and give her the cash.☺️

We received our medallions today for our cruise leaving in 10 days.  We were not charged when I ordered them several weeks ago.  If charged for our next cruise we will pick them up at the port.  I have to say though it does get us excited and makes the cruise seem real…however not $10 worth. 😂

• Like 2

8 hours ago, californiagirl said:

We received our medallions today for our cruise leaving in 10 days.  We were not charged when I ordered them several weeks ago.  If charged for our next cruise we will pick them up at the port.  I have to say though it does get us excited and makes the cruise seem real…however not $10 worth. 😂

I had exactly those feelings yesterday when our medallions arrived. It is an exciting event. I took pics of them & shared with friends. But I told DH this is the last time. After this we'll pick up at the port. Not paying a $10 shipping charge.

• Like 1

We love that feeling when we get the box; deliberately slooooowly opening it, savoring each little package opening like a Christmas present unveiling or a new gourmet dish...feeling that little shiver of delayed pleasure as the next layer of box or packing is revealed...until finally, eventually, you see the glimmer as your new shiny medallion peeks out at you with the promise of "come aboard...we're expecting you!"

can't wait to enjoy that again!

• Like 1

Total Rip! but I ended up paying the $ for my medallion to be shipped for Discovery P cruise in April. 

We shall see if paid off or not LOL....port pick up can be done in many ways...from very organized and flowing to very chaotic and everyone standing around saying, they could have done this way better.

8 minutes ago, erienetuser said:

Regarding picking up the Medallion at the port. We arrive in Vancouver the night before our cruise, can  I pick it up the day before we sail?

I've only seen pickup of anything once back in 2009 in Buenos Aires. There was an "Emergency Notification" that check-in could be done the night before at one of the local hotels. We hoofed it over there and did that. Given the pandemonium at the Buenos Aires cruise terminal, that was a good thing. We just went through the Buenos Aires cruise terminal on Jan 4 of this year and it would have been much nicer to have done all that the night before. But I've digressed ...

I haven't personally seen any opportunity to pick up cruise cards or medallions since 2009.

9 hours ago, erienetuser said:

Regarding picking up the Medallion at the port. We arrive in Vancouver the night before our cruise, can  I pick it up the day before we sail?

My guess is no. I doubt that there able to deal with individual people arriving at any time.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

I can't help but think *somebody* got paid a small fortune to design that child-proof packaging that the medallions come in.  It takes me 30 minutes to get down to the final layer!

When I open the box last week I think I finally found the system that works where it's actually super duper easy. It only took me like 50 plus cruises to figure out the best way to open it but I got it. 🤣😂🤣🤣

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, erienetuser said:

No! Once you get to the port to check in, they will hand you your medallion.

• Like 1

Can't seem to not include the standard lanyard along with the medallion order on the app. We have our own holders and a bunch of unused lanyards. I wonder if there is a market for those ? 😉 I think Princess could save some money by not handing out lanyards to those who don't need them.

2 hours ago, Musky Ike said:

Can't seem to not include the standard lanyard along with the medallion order on the app. We have our own holders and a bunch of unused lanyards. I wonder if there is a market for those ? 😉 I think Princess could save some money by not handing out lanyards to those who don't need them.

By trying to save a few cents each by stocking medallions without lanyards wouldn't be worth the trouble. 

Ours go right in the trash can as soon as they arrived.

49 minutes ago, MissP22 said:

By trying to save a few cents each by stocking medallions without lanyards wouldn't be worth the trouble. 

Ours go right in the trash can as soon as they arrived.

You are no doubt correct but I was raised not to waste anything. Thinking about linking them together in a chain for a Christmas tree garland decorated with medallions. 😄

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Musky Ike said:

Thinking about linking them together in a chain for a Christmas tree garland decorated with medallions. 😄

That idea goes hand in hand with the Christmas tree that Princess had on display this year near the entrance to the buffet made from empty water bottles.😆

In Oct 2022 we booked our May 2023 cruise with the "old" Princess Plus Love Boat Sale. When I tried to order my medallions today, I expected the extra $10 extra "customizing" the medallions, but was surprised at the $10 shipping.  I had a Live Chat and phone call with Princess and was told that since I booked under the Love Boat sale, I would have to pay for shipping.