Summit in Grand Cayman today No Bar

funship freddy

7 minutes ago, grandgeezer said:

Do you get a refund on your drink package since you have no access to the products you prepaid for? I’m guessing not.

There has always been at least one bar still open, typically the Pool Bar...

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, grandgeezer said:

Do you get a refund on your drink package since you have no access to the products you prepaid for? I’m guessing not.

Your drinks package is still good at the pool bar and after the ship departs GC, so why would you get a refund?  Read the previous thread with pictures from previous cruises that have already posted.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, funship freddy said:

No bars open

not even the pool bar

No bars open

None

Can you take a picture of the Celebrity Today small section that describes the bar closings on ship due to Grand Cayman?  It usually says the Pool Bar is open at some point in the day.   It has been under "Today's Tips" on the front page.  Just trying to understand if anything more has changed.

Edited by TeeRick
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

23 minutes ago, funship freddy said:

No mention at all in the daily about bar service.

Have you physically been up at the pool bar to see if it is open or closed?  It has been open on all other GC cruises this year.

• Like 2

If there was no announcement either the day before or today in the daily program about ALL bars being closed in Grand Cayman I’d be asking a manager at Oceanview or Guest Services to explain this.  I didn’t like it a bit on Equinox when we got a heads up that only the Pool Bar was to be open…but if all bars are closed with absolutely no notice that’s unacceptable.

• Like 1

If this is the new thing going forward (no bars instead of one), I will never book a cruise with Celebrity that has a stop in GC.  Further, those who are already booked should use this thread as a heads up and plan accordingly the day before by grabbing a few extra beers/sodas (ask that they be left unopened) and stock up in the minifridge.  Wine drinkers can bring 2 bottles per person on embarkation day.  Hold over a bottle for the GC day.  What a pain!!

Edited by Georgia_Peaches
  • Like 6

Thanks for your reporting.  I know it’s annoying when people doubt your word.  This is so completely different from any previous experience in Grand Cayman (or anywhere) that we’re struggling to make sense of it.  One can only think Celebrity’s not notifying anyone in advance was just to save their having to listen to complaints.  What a terrible business example.

• Like 3

At last count as far as I can track while porting in Grand Caymen. (Feel free to share otherwise)

Beyond has Pool and Retreat Bars

Equinox has Pool Bar only 

Summit has zero. 

As many said from the beginning this is about the All Mighty Dollar. Seems GC and Cel are at odds. 

Patty 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, helen haywood said:

Thanks for your reporting.  I know it’s annoying when people doubt your word.  This is so completely different from any previous experience in Grand Cayman (or anywhere) that we’re struggling to make sense of it.  One can only think Celebrity’s not notifying anyone in advance was just to save their having to listen to complaints.  What a terrible business example.

Or to avoid having the bars inundated the day before from those trying to stock pile for their GC port day? 

Patty 

10 minutes ago, helen haywood said:

It is not so much doubting anyone's word as it so contradicts what has been posted previously at GC. I have seen all too many times that people post on CC before they verify the situation they are reporting.